Show off your latest purchases

On 5/15/2019 at 7:06 PM, Mr.Dingle said:

Clones are identical in spec to the GX series , minor differences between the Predator ( harbor freight brand ? ) and Chondas to exist , but 99% parts are interchangable. 

Chijnese clones are made from melted down pots and pans though

NOS ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, took the spot my Biostar X470GT8 used to hold.

Yes, it did run the T-Forces at 3600mhz.

IMG_20190516_161613.thumb.jpg.01a92b14711abb1aec0389c4e7ddee0f.jpg

IMG_20190516_161009.thumb.jpg.ad3e64ddb35aa26dfbae5b2fe1a75401.jpg

And this Redragon Titanoboa 2, the grip and sensor quality are quite impressive!

IMG_20190516_185530.thumb.jpg.8270d04dc52aeba341c421b1f91770df.jpg

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

A pair of storage devices

• 512GB ADATA XPG 8200 Pro NVMe M.2 drive to upgrade the old 128GB SanDisk SATA3-based M.2 drive on my laptop
  • 2TB Seagate Backup Plus external drive for my photography stuff. 2TB might seem overkill but eh.

_DSC0017.JPG

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

*squealing noises*

IMG_3567.jpg

Edited by Derkoli
wrong file - _-

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

On 5/11/2019 at 3:30 AM, Dan Castellaneta said:

I had no intentions of wanting to purchase this, but I said "screw it" and put a bid of $4.29 on this CD.

DqFch.png

It's been two days since I placed that bid and it's still uncontested.

Funny thing is that I'm pretty sure this is the first print of the VeggieTunes CD, judging by the artwork.

I will give you anything for that.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

On 5/2/2019 at 12:55 PM, Volbet said:

I bought a Denon DP-47F turntable off a friend of mine. Someone brought it in to him for servicing, but he never showed up to retrive or pay for the servicing and apperantly hasn't responded for over 18 months. 

Too bad, it's mine now. 

IMG_2092.thumb.JPG.03b25216616b4dbffdad84e3d224fcb2.JPG

I've been needing an automatic turntable for the livingroom. The semi-automatic Sansui I have now simply wasn't doing it anymore. 

I really wanna buy an old denon turntable for my next one.. need to upgrade the pro-ject one.. but the new technics looks very spicy.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

I honestly was very tempted to just bid $10 for it, but I just couldn't justify that even though I wanted the CD.

I genuinely want to play it on my new mcintosh amp lol. i have weird temptations..

1 minute ago, Derkoli said:

I genuinely want to play it on my new mcintosh amp lol. i have weird temptations..

Nah, don't worry: I'm the same way. I own a Canadian VeggieTales CD already and wanted to get the first print of VeggieTunes soon enough.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Nah, don't worry: I'm the same way. I own a Canadian VeggieTales CD already and wanted to get the first print of VeggieTunes soon enough.

VeggieTales really was and is a masterpiece.

Just now, Derkoli said:

VeggieTales really was and is a masterpiece.

No one ever gives the show the credit it deserves, especially animation-wise: yeah it was fairly simple in the earlier episodes, but I mean it was the first American CG series and one of the first long-lasting ones.

Not to mention the audio of most of the episodes hold up well.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

No one ever gives the show the credit it deserves, especially animation-wise: yeah it was fairly simple in the earlier episodes, but I mean it was the first American CG series and one of the first long-lasting ones.

Not to mention the audio of most of the episodes hold up well.

I remember watching the pirates who dont do anything movie when it first came out. good times. still now i have that on dvd lol.

Grabbed some coffee... 

Normally I'm a black on black kinda guy but I figured I'd try the LTT stuff.  It appears to be a relabel.  I'll peel the outer label and post back with my findings.

1177335951_LTTMadrinas.thumb.jpg.45ff185ab113bcfb4ad9b18acb015479.jpg

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

10 minutes ago, Velcade said:

Grabbed some coffee...

Me too until yesterday. It is an entry espresso machine (De Longhi 685 M)

delonghi-ec-685-m-siebtraegermaschine-silber-1350-w-e-s-e-pad-kompatibel-1619788.jpg

I picked up this from my mail service today:

IMG_0106.thumb.JPG.3a1445d297d645544fefd6d914b92b95.JPG

The smaller one I was using for my cellular phone modem and cordless phone base station suddenly had no battery capacity, suggesting the charger inside died rather than the batteries wearing out. I've been considering upgrading to a larger one anyway so I pulled the trigger on this one. I'm up to my ample asset in a couple other projects so It may be a week or so before I install this one.

In an earlier post, I reported buying five elusive hard mouse pads and threatened to get some more. Well, as Tweety (and Red Skelton, if you are old enough to remember him) would say, I dood it. I also picked these up from my mail service.

IMG_0108.thumb.JPG.0068ff975b11f799119cdf21f8e53afb.JPG

Apparently, this particular color and pattern has been discontinued but Office Depot still has the only ones left but only through *&^%$#@! Amazon. I may get some more but not on this month's budget.

I started on one of two projects for my home today. With the first one, I needed to install a dedicated 20A outdoor GFCI outlet. I was expecting it to be a real bear since others I have installed in the past were real stinkers but this one went so easily, my flabber was thoroughly gasted. The outdoor outlets I already have older style outlet covers on them that are weatherproof only if nothing is plugged into them...

IMG_0116.thumb.JPG.dffe8dc796955e9a8d15541e8a98e5da.JPG

...so I bought some newer ones that are weather proof even when something is plugged into them. I originally was only going to use them on the new outlet but decided to also install them on two other outdoor outlets that were under an awning.

IMG_0115.thumb.JPG.e7c90ea9121d0e5f7b4e8763cf53484e.JPG

These are surprisingly easy to install.

After installing the three covers, I decided to replace the remaining two outlets under my carport awning (and wound up having to also replace a broken outlet; how it broke, I don't know) with the same covers so all the outlets on the outside of my home look the same so I made a quickie Lowes run for some more. While I was there, I also snagged another toy tool.

IMG_0111.thumb.JPG.b60ec663abd7d4d0b2799f657d91d896.JPG

These are an 8' set of fish rods (four 2' lengths). They can be fastened together and used like a fish tape to fish wires cables through walls. The next project I get to work on is to run a new line to the refrigerator outlet. The magnificent morons who designed and built my moble home put the refrigerator outlet on the kitchen outlet circuit (eejits!). Many newer refrigerators have to have a dedicated 20A circuit. My 'fridge is only 45 years old so I want to put in a new circuit while we have this nice stretch on unusually cool weather going on.

When I installed the new 20A outdoor outlet, I was able to just push a piece of Romex through a knockout clamp in the bottom of the breaker box down the wall, then take out some of the screws holding the siding on the trailer so I could pull it out a bit and reach under it to grab the Romex and finish pulling it along the wall to the new outlet box. However, the new run needs go through a hole in the sill plate from underneath the trailer up to the breaker box. Trying to poke the Romex into that tiny hole in the breaker box would be like trying to push a rope uphill.

I have a 12' set of fish rods (three 4' lengths). Ideally, I could poke them down through the knockout clamp in the bottom of the breaker box, probe around until I find a previously drilled hole in the sill plate, then fasten the Romex to the rod and pull it up into the breaker box. Unfortunately, my fish rods were too long and the ceiling got in the way so I got the shorter ones to use instead (like I need an excuse to buy new toys tools). These will be easier to use to probe for the hole in the sill than using a fish tape.

I'm sore all over from installing the new outlet and weatherproof covers, replacing the broken outlet, running errands, and getting my driver's license renewed, etc. (old age sucks). Hopefully, I'll be able to get to work tomorrow morning on the new refrigerator run. That bugger is going to take a few days to do (if my old carass doesn't give out first or I run out of Aleve, which I'm not supposed to be taking).

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Lot of 13 desktops, 8 laptops, 3 monitors, bin of misc parts and box of cables & cords. All for $80. This will keep me busy refurbishing and tinkering for the next few months. :) Included 3 Thinkpad X131e's in pretty decent condition. 

IMG_20190517_141947.thumb.jpg.cd0a83cfec359c7ad415ddf2e0545a25.jpgIMG_20190517_151314.thumb.jpg.b859b990664885303bb57510e0a2c48a.jpg

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Picked up a pair of these cheapies, one is gonna go into an older Dell laptop I have and get some sort of flavour of Linux installed to it, gotta really take a look at something other than Windows or MacOS. The other will be slid into a Intel NUC to make a surprise system.

ADATA SSDs.jpg

1 minute ago, nbrowser said:

Picked up a pair of these cheapies, one is gonna go into an older Dell laptop I have and get some sort of flavour of Linux installed to it, gotta really take a look at something other than Windows or MacOS. The other will be slid into a Intel NUC to make a surprise system.

If you're new to Linux, I highly recommend Mint Cinnamon. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

9 hours ago, Derkoli said:

I really wanna buy an old denon turntable for my next one.. need to upgrade the pro-ject one.. but the new technics looks very spicy.

Yeah, those new Technics models do look really spiffy. But they're a bit too expensive for my taste. Something like an SL-1200 or SL-1210 can be had pretty cheap on the used market, luckily.

If you're after something in Denon's DP-series, then you should be aware that they're prone to failing. I would recommend buying one that recently been serviced (if you're not capable of servicing it yourself, that is). Especially the DP-47F have a tendency for developing problems due to bad transistors or leaky capacitors.

I've been picking up some of the hippty-hop all of the kids have been talking about:

IMG_2123.thumb.JPG.a0fa236bf1dd0a362be9e13a5e56bd6c.JPG

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

13 hours ago, Volbet said:

Yeah, those new Technics models do look really spiffy. But they're a bit too expensive for my taste. Something like an SL-1200 or SL-1210 can be had pretty cheap on the used market, luckily.

If you're after something in Denon's DP-series, then you should be aware that they're prone to failing. I would recommend buying one that recently been serviced (if you're not capable of servicing it yourself, that is). Especially the DP-47F have a tendency for developing problems due to bad transistors or leaky capacitors.

I've been picking up some of the hippty-hop all of the kids have been talking about:

IMG_2123.thumb.JPG.a0fa236bf1dd0a362be9e13a5e56bd6c.JPG

Ive serviced a turntable quite a few times before so i should be able to do it lol.. ive had my eyes on the technics 1200g or 1210gr, i need a decent one to pair with my new mcintosh amp. For "newer" vinyl have a look at The weeknd - Starboy, its bright red and semi-see through which is pretty cool. also sounds pretty well recorded.

2 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Ive serviced a turntable quite a few times before so i should be able to do it lol.. ive had my eyes on the technics 1200g or 1210gr, i need a decent one to pair with my new mcintosh amp. For "newer" vinyl have a look at The weeknd - Starboy, its bright red and semi-see through which is pretty cool. also sounds pretty well recorded.

Yeah, if you can use a multimeter and a soldering iron you will be able to do. Especially since the service manual for most Denon tables are available online.

If you're okay with a couple of scuffs, I can recommend looking for used Technics tables on the second hand DJ market. They're usually selling them for pennies on the Dollar.

I'm not too into the Weeknd, but my wife might enjoy it. I'll check it out.

Some more shit I picked up recently:

IMG_2125.thumb.JPG.f45b087af2bc88fde48d020ee810fd05.JPGGiles Corey by Giles Corey, Guns by Quelle Chris, Nekro by K.F.R, and Rammstein by Rammstein.

So a bit of industrial folk, jazz rap, ambient black metal and neuer Deutsche härte.

2 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Yeah, if you can use a multimeter and a soldering iron you will be able to do. Especially since the service manual for most Denon tables are available online.

If you're okay with a couple of scuffs, I can recommend looking for used Technics tables on the second hand DJ market. They're usually selling them for pennies on the Dollar.

I'm not too into the Weeknd, but my wife might enjoy it. I'll check it out.

Some more shit I picked up recently:

IMG_2125.thumb.JPG.f45b087af2bc88fde48d020ee810fd05.JPGGiles Corey by Giles Corey, Guns by Quelle Chris, Nekro by K.F.R, and Rammstein by Rammstein.

So a bit of ind folk, jazz rap, ambient black metal and neuer Deutsche Härte.

If you dont already have them, i highly recommend homework and random access memories by daft punk, extremely well recorded.

1 hour ago, Derkoli said:

If you dont already have them, i highly recommend homework and random access memories by daft punk, extremely well recorded.

I do have Homework on vinyl, but it's an original 1997 pressing. 

While it's very well recorded, it's obvious that the pressing was made with DJs in mind. The sheer amount of bass in the grooves is unrivaled even by my most awfully pressed bootlegs.

It will cause skipping on anything but the most well tuned systems or systems running heavy tracking, purposfully misalligned DJ cartridges.  

I remember Random Access Memories was one of the first big album released into the current vinyl revival, but I have yet to pick it up on vinyl. I only have it on CD:  

aHgJHhz.jpg

I've heard pretty good things about this game so I figured I might as well check it out.