Technology that should never be invented

WaruSaru

Nuclear Weaponary, too damn powerful for one to handle...

LIES

I CAN HANDLE IT JUST FINE

post-4438-0-96027300-1401590698.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

A nuclear bomb is made as weapon... nuclear power is the technology behind it.... nuclear power has been ridiculously beneficial to us. 

I didn't say the nuclear bomb was useful nor did I try to justify its use. I'm merely saying any sort of technology can be used for harm if you really want to. Technology isn't inherently evil/bad.  

^ Exactly.

Nuclear bombs are the best toy ever! They are so much fun :D

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

This post is Uplay in a nutshell

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

The Japanese would have surrendered without the bomb, that is according to intelligence reports from the era aswell as statistical military reports of Russian invasion of Manchuria which was held by the Japanese, this all indicated that along with the decline in Japans military power in the region aswell as the top levels of the Japanese government infighting a surrender was well on the cards with-in a very short period of time. This is further backed up by the top military brass of the allied forces, indicating that a Japanese surrender was inevitable.

Exactly.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The Japanese would have surrendered without the bomb, that is according to intelligence reports from the era aswell as statistical military reports of Russian invasion of Manchuria which was held by the Japanese, this all indicated that along with the decline in Japans military power in the region aswell as the top levels of the Japanese government infighting a surrender was well on the cards with-in a very short period of time. This is further backed up by the top military brass of the allied forces, indicating that a Japanese surrender was inevitable.

But the states had to demonstrate their power to USSR. and for that, the bombs might have saved us from another bloody war. This time far more destructive than any other. Those bombs also showed how dangerous atomic weaponary can be. That's why we have not seen US using it in any subsequent wars. Because it's too powerful for us to handle.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

beats

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

That's certainly very true. In some ways yes it has eliminated another major conflict (such as a nuclear exchange) but in terms of stopping another conventional war, I don't think it's achieved that. There are still many "proxy wars" between major powers that have the potential to erupt into a major global conflict and lets not forget that the world since 2001 has in a way been in constant conflict globally as various countries tackle terrorism.

Yeah vut well the war on terrorism isn't a war. Its something americans invented so they coukd invade countries close to russia and china and build military bases there.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Nuclear energy.

Naturally formed nuclear reactions existed long before humans could harness them. Some French scientists found one in Africa.

Time travel... pointless, you either destroy everything or change nothing, so why bother?

Tech that can change/create/remove memories. This scares the shit out of me actually... the day this is announced i dunno what i'm gonna do.. how can we be sure anything we remember is real anymore?

human cloning, i know cloning exists already and human cloning is illegal... but it doesn't exist yet as far as i know.. and if they do invent it, there's a few ppl i can think of i REALLY don't want to see cloned.

and people saying nuclear energy/bombs shouldn't have been invented.. it was inevitable and we should all be happy the US was the first to build em.. cuz if germany was the first.. we would all be talking german right now and living in a giant wasteland :(.

but more importantly it will lead to nuclear fusion 1 day... which will finally solve all our energy problems. Oh, and if aliens ever invade... we'll need to nuke the shit out of em.. so we'll be happy we have them then :P

and not inventing weapons is also stupid... we've been fighting each other since the dawn of time... as monkeys we threw rocks at each other and hitting each other with sticks, and lots of yelling, which monkeys still do now :P. we've just replaced the sticks and stones with swords, guns and bombs. Animals fight.. it's just what happens. (yes we are animals... no matter how much you want to deny it).

btw be happy there hasn't been a world war after ww2... cuz the next one is the last one, cuz it will be a nuclear war, eventually.

I have no signature

PRISM!!

CPU: Intel i7-4770K Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB GPU: Gigabyte Geforece 780Ti 3GB "GHz Edition" Case: Corsair 760T "Black" Storage: Mostly SSDs PSU: Corsair RM750 750W 80 plus gold Fully modular Displays: Samsung S24C750 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60 280mm AIO Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G700 Sound: Sound Blaster Recon3D Omega Wireless (Dat name though) 

Time travel... pointless, you either destroy everything or change nothing, so why bother?

I assume you mean time travel backwards in time, right? That might be impossible. You can't destroy the world by traveling back in time because it would create a paradox. Time travel forward is already possible, and man made objects do it all the time (hello satellites).

Time traveling forward can be really useful as well.

Patents.

Apple

Somehow I think these two are related......

QR Codes:

I just hate them.

Genetic Engineering:

Perfect humans. If we were to start to breed perfect humans, we would create an entirely new social class. Bringing discrimination to a whole new level; the class you would belong to would not be determined by social status, income or the color of your skin, but rather, your genetics.

Weather Control:

Need I say more..

Nanobots:

The human lifespan would heighten from a hundred years to centuries. All degenerative diseases would cease to exist. People wouldn't die and the amount of people on earth would eventually become to much and either we would deplete the earth or we would all go crazy with the amount of people and start killing each other off and go psycho with wars.

Toasters:

Should have never been invented. Cause every one wants a heart attack in the morning... <_<

Guns or any weapons.

(I support gun rights but if we never had them or other weapons there would be peace.)

CPU: Intel Devil's Canyon i7 4790k | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 (will get 880) | MoBo: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | Keyboard: Razer Anansi | Drives: SanDisk 120GB SSD, 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM HDD

Auto Tune.. My god its terrible.

Also Nuclear Energy is amazing... so sad we don't have it in Australia since we got plenty of uranium and plenty or desert to dump the stuff :/ Makes no sense...

I blame the Greenies :)

My Rig:

OS: MSX CPU:Intel i5 4690K RAM: 16GB Averix Core Series  GPU: XFX R9 280X SSD:128GB Crucial M4 Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97N Wifi Powersupply: Corsair HX750 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i Case: Corsair 250D Monitors: Asus VE278 and Asus VW202 Keyboard: Steel Series 6G V2 Mouse: CM Sentinel Advanced Audio: Objective 2 ODAC Headphones: Senheiser HD595

I assume you mean time travel backwards in time, right? That might be impossible. You can't destroy the world by traveling back in time because it would create a paradox. Time travel forward is already possible, and man made objects do it all the time (hello satellites).

Of course forward is possible. Were doing it right now 1 second at a time :P. yes im talking backwards. Let me explain what i mean by destroying everything.

Most commonly used scenario: lets go back in time and kill hitler before he goes nuts. Two things can happen at that point, either nothing changes and we still remember ww2 as it was. Or ww2 is different and we remember an assassination of hitler. But now we dont go back in time to kill him, so he was never killed and everything goes back to the way it was. We put everything in a loop from the moment we go back in time. NOTHING exists after that moment, cuz we never get passed it. In other words, we destroyed everything. Maybe you call this a paradox? I call it a time loop :P

In the other situation where nothing changed, you most likely ended up in some other parallel earth. Nothing you do changes anything here, so pointless.

Guns or any weapons.

(I support gun rights but if we never had them or other weapons there would be peace.)

Nope we still have our hands. We will find a way to kill ppl. Good thing to, war is the only way to rapidly reduce populations. Theres to many ppl. Without all the wars ever we would have all died long ago. Most likely starvation cuz we couldnt find anymore food.

I have no signature

To be fair travelling via aeroplane is going forward into the future, though so unnoticeable it had to be proven using atomic clocks.

Here is the wikipedia page, take from it what you will.

All technology is a double edged sword... it just depends on how you use it. 

So true, when one creates something for good of all, there will always be those whom want it for evil deeds.

Problem is technology is expandeing and advancing very quikly. If Drug Cartels,black markets,gangs. Start getting ahold of equipment that the US denied or big companies sell WOMD to other countries such as China because its to inhumane then we have a problem. One of the biggest concerns i have is the advancments in Cyber Weapons.

Cyber weapons are really dangerous.Think about someone being able to hack into a powergrid and melt a nuclear reactor by disabling coolers (Or you could just run a stock 290 you know and burn down a city) but ethier way if someone disabled crucial peices of equipment in our countries computers the toll could be catistropic. You could hack into weapons adn fire them at our own soil.All of this is hypothetical.

And as for the Chemical weapons,lets be honest, The US has been perfecting these things for years they even started studying Nerve Gas (Parylizes you) For the years following WWII when they found hitlers stash, So did the Russians,French,and Brits.When one of these viruses or chemical weapons are launched there really isnt a good way to stop them. If someone with a Chemical Viruse boards a plan in the middle east,lands in new york and starts infecting, Jeez it would spread worse than a wildfire.There is really not a good way to prevent this stuff.

You cant really regulate all of the technology that gets sold under the goverments nose,so dangerous weapons and such could be already switching hands and we wont even know it.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Bio warfair is the sleeziest scumbag way to fight.

As for those who mentioned nukes. Japan got nuked and now is a nation that leads the world in tech. Maybe the dirty south could use one or two drops. :ph34r:

Naturally formed nuclear reactions existed long before humans could harness them.

Yeah, like every star ever.

human cloning, i know cloning exists already and human cloning is illegal... but it doesn't exist yet as far as i know.. and if they do invent it, there's a few ppl i can think of i REALLY don't want to see cloned.

What says that cloning them will create the same person? Nothing.

What makes a person is not only their genetic material, but also the experiences they mde during their life. See for example twins: They have the same genetic material, but don't do the same things or even think the same. They can be completely different people!

In conclusion: Cloning people will not produce the same person, only someone with the same genetic material.

By the way: cloning humans is possible, however nobody has done it yet due to some moral reasons (likely that the clone will only have a shortened life, like Dolly the cloned sheep lived like half the normal life-span for a sheep.)

cars that drive them selves, i know we are almost there, but honestly it takes all the fun out of driving. As a 15 year old just starting to drive i love it and look forward to driving any chance i get.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

Stuff which should not be invented:

Apple

High prices

Cats

Sata cables

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log