Technology that should never be invented

WaruSaru

Dont blame technology, blame the user!

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

...so in two posts you have said that the LHC is some massive conspiracy and Apple are using mind control... wut

Yeah, that is what i said.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

It is. If I've misunderstood then clarify.

:rolleyes:

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

All technology is a double edged sword... it just depends on how you use it. 

I can't think of a single good use for a nuclear bomb. And no, using it against japan to end the war is not justifyable, they could have shown it off on an island.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Dont blame technology, blame the user!

Weapons. Give me a scenario where those are good. Tech assassin doesn't count, he's funny but he's still breaking stuff.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

A thousand different resolution sizes.. I've spent a lot of time working on getting my game to work / look good on different resolutions and man is it a b$%@#!!!

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I can't think of a single good use for a nuclear bomb. And no, using it against japan to end the war is not justifyable, they could have shown it off on an island.

A nuclear bomb is just a specific application of a fission reactor, which could be used to end our energy problems, our reliance on unstable political reasons and our political interests further destabilising those regions.

Weapons. Give me a scenario where those are good. Tech assassin doesn't count, he's funny but he's still breaking stuff.

that isn't exactly disproving what he said, it's pretty easy then, if they don't have a single good use they just wouldn't be used.. and that's the end of that, but they are being used so.. yeah, at the end it falls back to the people who use it, not the fact that it exists.

self defence

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

They've prevented World War 3 and there hasn't been another World War since WW2...?

Well gee, I had a hard time taking down that rhino with my hands last night. If only I had something that could break its skin and cut its artery so I could feed my family tonight.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Nuclear energy.

nuclear energy's our only way to space travel. no if you mean nuclear bombs then yes i agree

Orbital Bombardment, hasn't been used, but still has been created. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

EA.

And any DRM software, especially Uplay, that's the worst of the worst!

And ofc... the games after COD4!

self defence

against more weapons. if those didn't exist you wouldn't need some for self defence.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

A nuclear bomb is just a specific application of a fission reactor, which could be used to end our energy problems, our reliance on unstable political reasons and our political interests further destabilising those regions.

+1

Nuclear bombs are great for preventing wars, why didn't the USA & USSR go to open war during the Cold War? Mutually Assured Destruction. Believe it or not, the atom bombs probably saved lives in WWII, if they weren't invented, the USA would have invaded mainland Japan, more than 1,000,000 would have been killed, about 500,000 died as a result of the bombings. 

against more weapons. if those didn't exist you wouldn't need some for self defence.

anything that can be harmful is a weapon.. the purpose of the kitchen knife isn't to kill people but you might aswell use it for that, even a regular hammer or a sledge, any object with edges, anything that's hard and heavy, i could potentially beat you to death with my computer if i wanted to, how about bows and spears that the bushmen use to hunt? going to tell them to starve to death because they can't have pointy sticks to hunt or cut apart animals because those are dangerous?

not really joining the discussion, just pointing out that nearly everything has the potential to be a weapon, even if it was invented as a helpful tool as opposed to being designed for killing people, and i get the impression you are exclusively thinking about killing people and kinda forget the animals and those who depend on that, point is, there will always be weapons in some form or another.

All technology is a double edged sword... it just depends on how you use it. 

Exactly

No technology is bad by itself, and it's sad to see so many people in this thread not understand that.

Nuclear power is fantastic in many ways. The amount of energy you can get from it is astonishing, and it is far cleaner than many alternatives. It would be nice to use water and solar power for everything, but that's simply not possible, and I'd rather use nuclear power than coal or oil.

The LHC is really important for research, which could change the world in very good ways. Oh and believe it or not, but it won't create some black hole that will kill us...

Apple helps drive competition (although they try to hinder that as much as possible by abusing patents) and have done many good things in the past.

It's kind of hard to argue for nuclear weapons but it was inevitable, and the technology and research that lead to them being developed has been very very useful and good. I guess you could argue that they prevent wars because nobody want to go to war with someone who has them.

Weapons is far too vague and even a rock could be considered a weapon. If you mean like rifles and such then they were very useful in a lot of situations. Not just for hunting but a lot of wars have lead to good things, like ending slavery.

Patents are very often misused but they are also very often used correctly.

If I had to say something then the teacup. China didn't invent glass because they had teacups made out of ceramic and were satisfied with it. The problem is that you NEED glass for a lot of things like glasses, holding and mixing chemicals in, lots of electronics, lights etc. They were held back a lot just because they didn't try to invent something better to drink from.

anything that can be harmful is a weapon.. the purpose of the kitchen knife isn't to kill people but you might aswell use it for that

You don't need a gun to defend yourself from a kitchen knife.

As for hunting, yeah, I suppose that use is justifiable, but automatic weapons, tanks, basically everything that is specifically designed to kill other people shouldn't exist.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

A nuclear bomb is made as weapon... nuclear power is the technology behind it.... nuclear power has been ridiculously beneficial to us. 

I didn't say the nuclear bomb was useful nor did I try to justify its use. I'm merely saying any sort of technology can be used for harm if you really want to. Technology isn't inherently evil/bad.  

Exactly

No technology is bad by itself, and it's sad to see so many people in this thread not understand that.

Nuclear power is fantastic in many ways. The amount of energy you can get from it is astonishing, and it is far cleaner than many alternatives. It would be nice to use water and solar power for everything, but that's simply not possible, and I'd rather use nuclear power than coal or oil.

The LHC is really important for research, which could change the world in very good ways. Oh and believe it or not, but it won't create some black hole that will kill us...

Apple helps drive competition (although they try to hinder that as much as possible by abusing patents) and have done many good things in the past.

It's kind of hard to argue for nuclear weapons but it was inevitable, and the technology and research that lead to them being developed has been very very useful and good. I guess you could argue that they prevent wars because nobody want to go to war with someone who has them.

Weapons is far too vague and even a rock could be considered a weapon. If you mean like rifles and such then they were very useful in a lot of situations. Not just for hunting but a lot of wars have lead to good things, like ending slavery.

Patents are very often misused but they are also very often used correctly.

If I had to say something then the teacup.

because they had teacups made out of ceramic and were satisfied with it. The problem is that you NEED glass for a lot of things like glasses, holding and mixing chemicals in, lots of electronics, lights etc. They were held back a lot just because they didn't try to invent something better to drink from.

^ Exactly.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Killer robots

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

well anything, i mean anything can be used for bad. If you shove  enough cute cuddly kittens down some ones throat they are going to choke to death on kittens, doesn't have to be tech or and conventional weapon to be used for evil.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger