Cancel Your Floatplane Subscription. Don't Buy Their Merch.

geokilla

Give him time to respond, don't just make blanket statements like these.  For better or worse, remember that it's a huge company with a lot of people's jobs on the line.  This may be a big mistake and his response may not have been ideal, but give him some time to see the light and adjust. 

2 minutes ago, dimforest said:

There are 100+ other non-Linus people working for LMG that likely are not part of the core issues being addressed right now.

The issue I have is that Linus is still doing most of the videos though, and I think it would be great if the rest of the talent at LMG could script and host videos as IMO Linus needs to take a break from LMG.

9 minutes ago, geokilla said:

Since Linus only cares about money, the obvious thing to do is to cancel your Floatplane subscription. Also don't buy their merch. Who in their right mind is going to pay $250 USD or $70 USD for a backpack and screwdriver respectively?

I got an LTT screwdriver pretty early on and love it, well worth the $70, especially if you use it all day everyday for work like I do. It's a quality product. As for jumping to this right away, way to hop on the pitchfork bandwagon without even waiting for anything to get sorted or remedied. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

14 minutes ago, geokilla said:

Since Linus only cares about money, the obvious thing to do is to cancel your Floatplane subscription. Also don't buy their merch. Who in their right mind is going to pay $250 USD or $70 USD for a backpack and screwdriver respectively?

No, and no.  Thanks.

Current Personal Rig

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X w/ Corsair H60 AIO   MB: ASRock B450 Steel Legend ATX  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 (2x16)  GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC Gaming  PSU: EVGA 750GQ Semi-Modular  Storage: 500 GB WD Black M.2 NVMe + 1 TB 2.5" SSD  WiFi: TP-Link Archer TX3000E  Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mini  Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired  Monitor: Gigabyte G27FC 27"

2 minutes ago, Karl Mern said:

It's working. People have been unsubbing since the video dropped. Already lost 1k subs, and it is dropping every time you refresh.
image.thumb.png.e49210a26c8f880f4c43541049438f44.png

Considering the size of the LTT community, this is barely a drop in the ocean. 

People like yourself may want LTT to fail, but the community wont suddenly disappear

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I got an LTT screwdriver pretty early on and love it, well worth the $70, especially if you use it all day everyday for work like I do. It's a quality product. As for jumping to this right away, way to hop on the pitchfork bandwagon without even waiting for anything to get sorted or remedied. 

I too bought a screwdriver and I bought a backpack. I have no complaints and it was well worth the money. If you want quality products, you pay from them. Thats why I always laughed at people complaining about the price.

11 minutes ago, dimforest said:

If you want to buy the products, buy the products. If you want to still consume their content, do so. There are 100+ other non-Linus people working for LMG that likely are not part of the core issues being addressed right now.

Perfect response.  

I mean I'm capable of independent thought, so I have noticed these quality issues for years. I am still around because I get enough value watching LTT for entertainment instead of technical information. That continues to be the case, though I do hope they improve those quality issues. The "main thread" has further insights for those who care.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

Just now, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

Considering the size of the LTT community, this is barely a drop in the ocean. 

People like yourself may want LTT to fail, but the community wont suddenly disappear

The problem with people wanting LTT to fail, is its not just Linus. There is a lot of staff that would suffer from this.

Dude LTT is an entertainment channel not a serious tech-review outlet. You needed GN to see that? LTT videos are fun like Tiktok or Netflix and it's ok to enjoy that.

Just to play devils advocate here... What is the benefit of wanting LMG to fail? Linus already has a house, cars, etc. He has 250k in framework and probably many more investments elsewhere. LMG failing likely wouldn't hurt Linus that bad but would ruin some of his employees. 

Please keep in mind that I personally do not care about this controversy and have no opinion on whether GN or Linus is right. I also don't follow GN and have no intentions on stopping following LMG including my floatplane subscription.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

3 minutes ago, AlphaQ214 said:

The problem with people wanting LTT to fail, is its not just Linus. There is a lot of staff that would suffer from this.

Louis Rossman once said if he stay the face of the right to repair movement it would fail as he had a habit of creating enemies.

The same thing is happening with LTT, probably why he got in a CEO, and got people in who can do videos.

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

there was a response, and boy was it stupid. i cancelled an order i made on lttstore, which was supposed to be a birthday gift for my girlfriend. i'd rather show up empty handed than knowing im supporting someone who reacts to valid criticism like _this_. really, if i didnt know better, id say he is on coke the way he is behaving here. 

11 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

What? Did you see Linus’ response? They’re not remedying anything. The billet situation was FUBAR’d, the errors in videos will keep happening and Linus will just say we’re human and growing pains, but keep videos up for the money and sponsor requirements. Literally, nothing will change. His response was awful and so so disappointing. 

Ryzen 5600X | EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

2 minutes ago, morgium said:

there was a response, and boy was it stupid. i cancelled an order i made on lttstore, which was supposed to be a birthday gift for my girlfriend. i'd rather show up empty handed than knowing im supporting someone who reacts to valid criticism like _this_. really, if i didnt know better, id say he is on coke the way he is behaving here. 

Sure you did. 😉

You and your brand new profile.

1 minute ago, morgium said:

That is very clearly an extreme take. Sure, cancel your order. But you probably should get your girlfriend something for one. Even if Linus's response can be construed as distasteful, I would have a hard time believing that any rational person would/could actually believe that he is on any drug.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

21 minutes ago, Tumwum said:

Give him time to respond, don't just make blanket statements like these.  For better or worse, remember that it's a huge company with a lot of people's jobs on the line.  This may be a big mistake and his response may not have been ideal, but give him some time to see the light and adjust. 

We did give him time to respond.  He did respond.  The response can be seen here:

Maybe this isn't the best answer, but I do think that the response so far was clearly a bad, bad move, and LTT needs to come up with a more sincere, less 'playing the victim' sort of response. I'd really like to see Linus respond to this by actually apologizing and not going back to a "but we were totally right because blah blah blah" kind of response after apologizing. Linus is clearly very bad at taking constructive criticism, but he really just needs to 'get good'.

4 minutes ago, ebmusicman84 said:

We did give him time to respond.  He did respond.  The response can be seen here:

You're right.  The response was not ideal but, at least on my end, I'm not one to pick up a pitchfork and ruin someone because of a poorly thought response.  I think, LTT should see that this is a bigger issue than they think it is and take the time to reflect and respond with a better, more thought out message.

I may be giving them too much credit, but I do suspect they're level-headed people who, with time, will come to the right mindset.