Linus's remarks on Twitter in the past couple months couldn't be more wrong

I have been a big fan of Linus and the team since the begining. Even before the Langly house. I remember the day Linus painted his home garage as a set  background. I even go back and watch old LTT and CSF videos for fun and it's also pretty nostalgic for me. 

I have adored Linus's takes on pretty much anything and he has been right most of the time or have been transparent/logical about his remarks otherwise.

Although i have to argue the recent remarks that linus had been delivering in the past few months about Elon and the twitter acquisition has made me realise that Linus has changed his approach when covering main stream news events. He has become a product of the media propaganda machine that he despised at the early days. 

Its funny that i first discovered Tesla/Elon from wan show back in the day around 2012 or so, when WAN show covered the model S safety demonstration video where it showcased that the roof of the car was so strong that you could stack 5 model s on top of each other before the roof of the bottom most models collapses. And I am forever great full for Linus and LMG for all the entertainment and information that its brought to me over the years. 

But the way Linus has become an Elon hater or Twitter hater without seeking beyond what mainstream media has put out has been shocking to me. It begs the question if Linus is wrong about this what else is he wrong about. 

It has been heartbreaking for me to part ways with one of my favourite creators and see them follow the mainstream media propaganda. And I have tried to forget about the whole thing and just keep an open mind and give linus the benifit of the doubt about what he is saying. But Linus keeps digging and he doesn't seem to stop or try to understand whats really going on. 

I sincerely hope linus would open his eyes sooner than later and realise he has been wrong about the whole twitter/elon saga and make things right. 

This is my first post ever and hope i have not stepped out of my bounds or the forum post guidelines and whatnot. Have a great day guys. 

Will respond to meaningful and constructive comments. Thanks 😊 

8 minutes ago, Visulg said:

This is my first post ever and hope i have not stepped out of my bounds or the forum post guidelines and whatnot.

No you just get filed under the " person who defends boomer billionaires nobody likes " folder.

Wait till you find out about how many bailouts Elon needed he keeps making mistake after mistake and his cars have bad panel gaps, bad paint, bad reliability bad service. Took him 1000 tries to land a rocket. Bud you need a new hero.  😳

Just because somebody has differing opinions doesn't mean they're part of some 'propaganda machine'. 

You shouldn't idolize Linus Sebastian or Elon Musk. It's not healthy to idolize people to the point where them having a different opinion causes you to feel betrayed and heartbroken or to the point that if they're criticized you feel attacked.

16 minutes ago, Visulg said:

I sincerely hope linus would open his eyes sooner than later and realise he has been wrong about the whole twitter/elon saga and make things right. 

You've said that you don't agree with his opinion but you haven't explained why. What is it about Linus' opinion on Musk that you disagree with? Maybe try explaining why you think his opinion is wrong.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Group think is real (especially among the online midwits), and not everyone takes the time to do any research or thinking themselves.

Rather than focusing on the drama of "twitter is dying" which is boring but popular among the crowd of people who want it to fail with motivations from "kill the rich" to my startup could take market share, I think it's important to step back and wait and see.  Big companies don't turn on a dime and change isn't instant, so let's wait and see what happens.  Will Elon make it awesome and add new features, or will the people who hate him cause a critical mass exodus?  (Hint, many of the people who said they were going to leave are still posting on twitter).

33 minutes ago, Visulg said:

But the way Linus has become an Elon hater or Twitter hater without seeking beyond what mainstream media has put out

Uh, bud, Musky puts his bottom shelf takes on blast for the entire planet to read, you can see it for yourself unedited and in all of its glory. Dude's got issues to say the least.

9 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

Group think is real (especially among the online midwits), and not everyone takes the time to do any research or thinking themselves.

Ive already seen this alot in the pc community so its no wonder that me the guy that bothers to do some research and use his damn intuition gets outright superior oc results cause i dont blindly follow some bullshit like 1.35v vtt or 1.65v vdimm on x58, and i can capitalize on used psu deals cause i dont fall for any of that fearmongering shenanigans either

start thinking on your own + use your own intuition and stop blindly following someone else, if that someone you are following is a retard then good luck buddy

45 minutes ago, Visulg said:

As someone that's been watching LTT and all related channels (except the Mac one, cause fuck Apple and their products) I legit don't even like the dude anymore. Like, I'll still watch most of their videos over any other tech youtuber, but videos hosted by Linus I almost always tend to dislike, cause far more often than not his attitude and personality rubs me the wrong way more often than not. I also don't really see any real passion in a lot of the projects he works on, with it seeming like he's almost always phoning it in to collect a paycheck.

As for the whole Musk thing, I'm not surprised. Linus in some ways reminds me of a work friend of mine, where he used to have no real opinion of many folks such as Elon (as well as Jk Rowling in the case of my friend), but the second they did their things and triggered everyone on the left side of the playing feed, they can't resist the urge to mock them, berate them, and voice their frustrations at them, whenever they're presented with any opportunity to do so.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Musk blows through investor/government money like crazy.  Most of his projects are uneconomical, he is just able to keep them going somehow by conning people into keeping the funding coming.

It boggles my mind how people still drink the cool aid given how obvious it is that he is all ego and no substance.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

18 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

start thinking on your own + use your own intuition

You are contradicting yourself, do you want me to think or act on instinct? 😄

image.png.ebd0695cf7a1fff57a12937f786ac28c.png

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

1 hour ago, Visulg said:

But the way Linus has become an Elon hater or Twitter hater without seeking beyond what mainstream media has put out has been shocking to me. It begs the question if Linus is wrong about this what else is he wrong about.

I admittedly don't follow Linus' Twitter, but I also don't pay attention to the mainstream media (or any news media, really). The changes Elon Musk has made to Twitter and the way he runs it certainly make it look like he's trying to find a way to justify killing the platform and taking the massive tax writeoff. He doesn't seem to care if he drags Tesla down with him, but the issues Teslas have been having lately might go ahead and do that for him first. The man's a crybaby who wants to be a Bond villain when he grows up.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

28 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

You are contradicting yourself, do you want me to think or act on instinct? 😄

image.png.ebd0695cf7a1fff57a12937f786ac28c.png

Ok now im confused

i have not slept since yesterday

Point is just think for yourself, use your own logic, dont blindly follow others (doesnt mean following others is wrong tho), an analogy my mom uses would be "would you follow a friend and join them consume drugs?"

i should really go to sleep before confusing the shit out of everyone

You should see the comments of those who were once 'fanboys' or at least respect what he did (including James and myself, see attached video) but are now just finding Elon Musk weird.

From promoting conspiracy theories, calling the Thailand cave rescuer a 'pedo', saying he is helping the low birth rate by fathering many children with different women, defying COVID restrictions to endorsing Kayne West's presidential campaign etc, he has just became that weird uncle that you wouldn't want to associate yourself with. He is just doing a lot of weird stuff imo. 

2 hours ago, Visulg said:

I have been a big fan of Linus and the team since the begining. Even before the Langly house. I remember the day Linus painted his home garage as a set  background. I even go back and watch old LTT and CSF videos for fun and it's also pretty nostalgic for me. 

I have adored Linus's takes on pretty much anything and he has been right most of the time or have been transparent/logical about his remarks otherwise.

Although i have to argue the recent remarks that linus had been delivering in the past few months about Elon and the twitter acquisition has made me realise that Linus has changed his approach when covering main stream news events. He has become a product of the media propaganda machine that he despised at the early days. 

Its funny that i first discovered Tesla/Elon from wan show back in the day around 2012 or so, when WAN show covered the model S safety demonstration video where it showcased that the roof of the car was so strong that you could stack 5 model s on top of each other before the roof of the bottom most models collapses. And I am forever great full for Linus and LMG for all the entertainment and information that its brought to me over the years. 

It has been heartbreaking for me to part ways with one of my favourite creators and see them follow the mainstream media propaganda. And I have tried to forget about the whole thing and just keep an open mind and give linus the benifit of the doubt about what he is saying. But Linus keeps digging and he doesn't seem to stop or try to understand whats really going on. 

This is my first post ever and hope i have not stepped out of my bounds or the forum post guidelines and whatnot. Have a great day guys. 

Will respond to meaningful and constructive comments. Thanks 😊 

LMFAOOO

5 hours ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Wait till you find out about how many bailouts Elon needed he keeps making mistake after mistake and his cars have bad panel gaps, bad paint, bad reliability bad service. Took him 1000 tries to land a rocket. Bud you need a new hero.  😳

Can you name a bailout that he has not paid out thus far? 

Panel gaps really? Tesla had the most successful quarter and you wanna bring up panel gaps. Jeez. We are not even talking tesla here. 

What the hell are you talking man at least get your facts straight 

5 hours ago, micha_vulpes said:

You do know you can actually like and support people you enjoy content from even if they have different opinions on other subjects than you right?

How does his philosophical outlook, and opinions of a billionaire change his day to day content?

If you do not like his opinions on twitter, you can just not follow him.

Exactly right. But Linus's take on this made me realise that linus might be wrong about other things as well. 

5 hours ago, Spotty said:

Just because somebody has differing opinions doesn't mean they're part of some 'propaganda machine'. 

You shouldn't idolize Linus Sebastian or Elon Musk. It's not healthy to idolize people to the point where them having a different opinion causes you to feel betrayed and heartbroken or to the point that if they're criticized you feel attacked.

You've said that you don't agree with his opinion but you haven't explained why. What is it about Linus' opinion on Musk that you disagree with? Maybe try explaining why you think his opinion is wrong.

Linus's take conveniently follows the mainstream media narrative. 🙄 

I dont wanna make this thread and argument for/about musk. If you think linus is right nothing I say will change your mind. 

5 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

Rather than focusing on the drama of "twitter is dying" which is boring but popular among the crowd of people who want it to fail with motivations from "kill the rich" to my startup could take market share, I think it's important to step back and wait and see.  Big companies don't turn on a dime and change isn't instant, so let's wait and see what happens.  Will Elon make it awesome and add new features, or will the people who hate him cause a critical mass exodus?  (Hint, many of the people who said they were going to leave are still posting on twitter).

You are completely right my friend. My post is not about what i think about elon or twitter but why Linus is following the mainstream media narrative so closely and conveniently. 

He can do better. Dont mean to offend you but even your take is so much better than his.

4 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Musk blows through investor/government money like crazy.  Most of his projects are uneconomical, he is just able to keep them going somehow by conning people into keeping the funding coming.

It boggles my mind how people still drink the cool aid given how obvious it is that he is all ego and no substance.

Ok

3 hours ago, crazzp said:

You should see the comments of those who were once 'fanboys' or at least respect what he did (including James and myself, see attached video) but are now just finding Elon Musk weird.

From promoting conspiracy theories, calling the Thailand cave rescuer a 'pedo', saying he is helping the low birth rate by fathering many children with different women, defying COVID restrictions to endorsing Kayne West's presidential campaign etc, he has just became that weird uncle that you wouldn't want to associate yourself with. He is just doing a lot of weird stuff imo. 

I will give you that. He is doing weird stuff 😕 but he is a net positive to the humanity.

2 hours ago, CuriousBread said:

Did bro seriously register for an account on LTT forum just to be an Elon shill? 

Yes!

30 minutes ago, Visulg said:

I dont wanna make this thread and argument for/about musk. If you think linus is right nothing I say will change your mind. 

Problem is, you aren't really saying anything than "Linus hates Elon". Not explaining on what counts other than "mainstream media". Care to point out some of the claims/narratives that irk you most?

At the moment you have only told you that you recently went from Linus fan to Linus hater and gave reason as because Linus went from Elon-neutralist to Elon-hater. Which, I don't think is correct either. A hater would be someone who at every possible point says that they hate something/someone. I don't think Linus does that.

Twitter/Elon is big thing and news in tech. Linus talks about big news and happenings in tech. I haven't seen him bring up Elon just to bash him. Only to comment on his decisions as CEO of major tech companies like Tesla, Starlink, Space X and lately Twitter. I haven't heard him bashing Elon about PayPal history, another easy target. Or Elon's personal life. Just things that connect to tech. Don't quote me, but I vaguely recall him saying that he wouldn't care about what Elon does if it didn't have so big and direct impact to things he's interested about.

Personally, I dislike many takes by Linus, and many decisions by him. I think he's take on Star Wars is childish and fanb-. I admit that makes me think all he's takes on movies are bs. I don't like some of hes business decisions and how he has changed clearly to be corporalist (while not outright being rich-b). Yet I do enjoy the content he makes and him as host of LTT. Over many others of the crew, most notably fan-favorites like Dennis and Riley.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

51 minutes ago, Visulg said:

Exactly right. But Linus's take on this made me realise that linus might be wrong about other things as well.

You are completely right my friend. My post is not about what i think about elon or twitter but why Linus is following the mainstream media narrative so closely and conveniently.

He can do better. Dont mean to offend you but even your take is so much better than his.

Buddy, take off your tinfoil hat.

Linus is a person and as a person he has opinions. Just because because his (and other people's) opinions happen to follow the mainstream media sigh NARRATIVE does not mean he is a follower.

Elon does a-hole things, and - surprise!- most people do not like a-holes.

All this thread has shown is that you are not a free thinker. You've gone from "fan" to "hater" because you're a fan of Elon.

Just, you know, don't idolize anyone.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

I love how people complain about the mainstream media and then use the most batshit crazy sources known to man. 

9 hours ago, Visulg said:

He has become a product of the media propaganda machine that he despised at the early days. 

Care to cite some of the sources that are part of the "media propaganda machine"?

8 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

conning people into keeping the funding coming.

May I introduce the next scheme, xAI.  He just keeps shuffling. 

I hate it when people talk about how someone has fallen from their graces, yet the only "arguments" are hollow claims about "being part of the mainstream propaganda machine" and meaningless words like that. At least name some examples so you don't sound like someone just coming up with the next consipracy theory.

I'll give you an example of the opposite: He constantly says that governments are tonedeaf, not listening to reason and in many ways actively work against their own citizens. This is not something the "mainstream media propaganda" would agree with.

Another example: Most mainstream media is afraid of AI and thus enganges in fearmongering to try and discredit AI because it might replace them otherwise (partly or fully). Linus and Luke at the other hand are very "pro AI" because they see all the possibilities and how it can enhance the quality of life for people actively incorporating them into their job or life.

You can look up to someone and what they've achived. But if you reach a point where you're heartbroken because of something they said, you enganged in a one-sided, unhealthy, parasocial relationship. This can happen to anyone and realizing that it happened is the first step of snapping back out of it.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just because their opinion coincides with what's mainstream, doesn't mean they're part of a propaganda machine for mainstream media. You're conflating correlation with causality.

You're making it sound like the only way to be considered a critical thinker, is to be on the opposite side of mainstream opinion. You're saying that if you agree with popular opinion, instantly that means you're no longer thinking for yourself.

This is a toxic, even gatekeeper-like way of thinking and says more about you and your view of what an opinion is, than it does about Linus or Luke.

You can think for yourself, critically, and still arrive at the same conclusion as "mainstream" opinion.

12 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Buddy, take off your tinfoil hat.

Linus is a person and as a person he has opinions. Just because because his (and other people's) opinions happen to follow the mainstream media sigh NARRATIVE does not mean he is a follower.

Elon does a-hole things, and - surprise!- most people do not like a-holes.

While I do not deny that Elon can be a jerk, and cry baby; Linus does seem to put too much reliance on what is just put in-front of him when it comes to Elon and relies too heavily on what appears to be a biased WAN show writer team.  It's okay to hate someone, but it's a not okay just parroting narratives that your employees told you without looking into whether or not what you are saying is the actual truth.

What was it, iirc, a while back he went on a rant about all the things Elon did wrong (from what whoever put in the WAN show wrote), then the next wan show he had to retract what he said because most of what he said was essentially half truths...then he proceeded to say more things that were again only half truths again.

8 hours ago, Mojo-Jojo said:

Just because their opinion coincides with what's mainstream, doesn't mean they're part of a propaganda machine for mainstream media. You're conflating correlation with causality.

You're making it sound like the only way to be considered a critical thinker, is to be on the opposite side of mainstream opinion. You're saying that if you agree with popular opinion, instantly that means you're no longer thinking for yourself.

While I agree that having an opinion the same as mainstream is perfectly okay; there is a certain aspect of just repeating what you hear in the news without looking at the source of it was and not considering there might be other sides to the story which I do believe is an issue.

As an example, lots of headline news if you see things like "study shows XYZ is [something bad]".  If you hear things like that and just mimic what is being said then it can fuel to the point of being self perpetuating even though it could be false (like in so many cases the "studies" the news so often chooses is one with like a sample size of 100 or something small, but telling the full truth wouldn't be news worthy).

A good example of this is MSG, so many people claim MSG is the cause of so many symptoms or are allergic to it.  In reality it's not the MSG, I have family members who claim to be allergic to it but don't know that my grandmother actually cooks with it (and they love her food, without "getting sick").

While I do agree that the OP seems to idolize both which isn't great, there are still lots who also equally villianize

13 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Twitter/Elon is big thing and news in tech. Linus talks about big news and happenings in tech. I haven't seen him bring up Elon just to bash him. Only to comment on his decisions as CEO of major tech companies like Tesla, Starlink, Space X and lately Twitter. I haven't heard him bashing Elon about PayPal history, another easy target. Or Elon's personal life. Just things that connect to tech. Don't quote me, but I vaguely recall him saying that he wouldn't care about what Elon does if it didn't have so big and direct impact to things he's interested about.

iirc he's talked about Elon's fathering stuff before (I could be wrong on this one, but I thought he questioned the parenting); Elon's divorce as well iirc was brought up in a WAN show.

An issue is that there seems to be a "Tesla bad" vibe that he keeps perpetuating, from saying major car companies will come in and Teslas will effectively lose (which was wrong), to how Tesla doesn't make a profit without subsidies (which at the time was also wrong), Linus brought up the whole top glass roof flying off a Tesla and yet when Ford had to literally issue a recall for the roof flying off nothing.

His rambling even got to a point where I believe he had to correct stuff he said in the previous WAN show before on Elon.

Even on this forum "tech news" apparently constituted of power window recalled for Tesla...and just because it was fixed by a software update it was somehow allowed to survive in tech news.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef