Linus's remarks on Twitter in the past couple months couldn't be more wrong

12 minutes ago, Vilacom said:

Watched it all the way through thanks! He covers what you’re saying and says it might be suspect, there might be something that comes out that shows there was some bad back room dealing.  

He also covers and affirms basically everything I said, agrees it’s absolutely ridiculous, and rates Musk’s chances quite low. But hey, he does mention your point and address it in a short section of the video, and as long as we ignore the fact that his conclusions are mostly that Musk’s lawsuit is kind of ridiculous, you are making some good points.

I have watched it through, and you are still ignoring what was said.

Let me say this slowly because you don't seem to grasp anything.  His conclusion was NOT that this was a ridiculous lawsuit, and he did not conclude that Musk was going to lose.

Also, I wouldn't trust Legal Eagle when reviewing cases like this.  In his last one where he talked about the Elon case, he missed the fact that while he waived the due diligence there was still a clause that meant that the filing Twitter posted were not materially different.

To put it in a way you can understand it:

Imagine you were going to buy a house from me.  Instead of getting it inspected, you get me to sign off saying that my inspector's report was accurate (i.e. akin to waiving due diligence) and I agree to buy it.

Before the closing, I notice a bit of mold on the roof and question the report of the inspector.  I withhold buying the house, and request proof of accuracy of the report.  It goes to a lawsuit where then I can use discovery to figure out why the mold wasn't mentioned.  From there the courts only allow limited information to be presented, and the general consensus was that there wasn't enough to stop the sale.

That's effectively what happened before, yet so many people jumped on what got them views.  The fact is Twitter did misrepresent their numbers, and while Elon waived his due diligence those numbers were part of the SEC filings (which part of the waiving of the due diligence was that filings with SEC was correct).  Yet you rarely saw any of the YouTube lawyers cover that...and those who did just brushed it off as being inconsequential (despite the numbers being of by potentially 5 - 10%)...but that wouldn't make a good video.  Calling Elon an idiot is what gets view

Just like how all the news that covered the aunt who sued their nephew for jumping on him...what wasn't covered was that it had to occur because the insurance wasn't going to pay; so it was a scheme to try getting the insurance to pay.

You live in a very messed up world if you think switching an agreement pretty much 10 minutes before closing for services that were already rendered is any what acceptable.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

38 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

I have watched it through, and you are still ignoring what was said.

Let me say this slowly because you don't seem to grasp anything.  His conclusion was NOT that this was a ridiculous lawsuit, and he did not conclude that Musk was going to lose.

Also, I wouldn't trust Legal Eagle when reviewing cases like this.  In his last one where he talked about the Elon case, he missed the fact that while he waived the due diligence there was still a clause that meant that the filing Twitter posted were not materially different.

To put it in a way you can understand it:

Imagine you were going to buy a house from me.  Instead of getting it inspected, you get me to sign off saying that my inspector's report was accurate (i.e. akin to waiving due diligence) and I agree to buy it.

Before the closing, I notice a bit of mold on the roof and question the report of the inspector.  I withhold buying the house, and request proof of accuracy of the report.  It goes to a lawsuit where then I can use discovery to figure out why the mold wasn't mentioned.  From there the courts only allow limited information to be presented, and the general consensus was that there wasn't enough to stop the sale.

That's effectively what happened before, yet so many people jumped on what got them views.  The fact is Twitter did misrepresent their numbers, and while Elon waived his due diligence those numbers were part of the SEC filings (which part of the waiving of the due diligence was that filings with SEC was correct).  Yet you rarely saw any of the YouTube lawyers cover that...and those who did just brushed it off as being inconsequential (despite the numbers being of by potentially 5 - 10%)...but that wouldn't make a good video.  Calling Elon an idiot is what gets view

Just like how all the news that covered the aunt who sued their nephew for jumping on him...what wasn't covered was that it had to occur because the insurance wasn't going to pay; so it was a scheme to try getting the insurance to pay.

You live in a very messed up world if you think switching an agreement pretty much 10 minutes before closing for services that were already rendered is any what acceptable.

Literally seconds after the time stamp you quote he goes into the argument the firm will likely make and succeed with, the whole peppercorn thing, as long as there is consideration it’s likely going to be valid.  

Wait, lets quick go over your dumbed down example for little idiot me.

So, am I buying the house from you or are you buying the house from me?  Because you seem to get confused on that point in the first sentence. 

I believe what you’re trying to say is I am going to buy a house from you, offer you massively more than the house has even been worth, and instead of doing a full inspection like is standard for real estate purchases I want to go ahead with the purchase based on the idea that how you represent the house in the real estate listing is mostly/entirely accurate.  Then a person who works at the real estate company comes out with a paper saying that this company has been putting up listings for years without mentioning massive outbreaks of mold in that neighborhood so how they are representing the value of the house was overstated and I decide I want out of the deal because my massive overpayment for the house is probably even more of a massive overpayment than initially thought.  Unfortunately that’s not how contracts work, and when I waived my right to an inspection that actually means I waived my right to an inspection, not waived my right to an inspection unless there is something there that an inspection could have caught which is why anyone who’s actually serious about buying houses makes sure that the contract they sign when they go to purchase the house includes a clause that allows them out of it if they don’t like the result of the inspection, and also my argument that the value of the house is lower than expected holds little weight when clearly my offer had nothing to do with the actual value of the house.  So I’m still contractually obligated to follow through with purchasing your house. 

Also, in your example say I bought the house and when i move in you’ve taken all the appliances out of the kitchen in what I feel is a violation of the purchase agreement, I probably wont wait nearly a year to file suit against you to get my appliances back.

On 7/13/2023 at 8:35 PM, Visulg said:

I have been a big fan of Linus and the team since the begining. Even before the Langly house. I remember the day Linus painted his home garage as a set  background. I even go back and watch old LTT and CSF videos for fun and it's also pretty nostalgic for me. 

I have adored Linus's takes on pretty much anything and he has been right most of the time or have been transparent/logical about his remarks otherwise.

Although i have to argue the recent remarks that linus had been delivering in the past few months about Elon and the twitter acquisition has made me realise that Linus has changed his approach when covering main stream news events. He has become a product of the media propaganda machine that he despised at the early days. 

Its funny that i first discovered Tesla/Elon from wan show back in the day around 2012 or so, when WAN show covered the model S safety demonstration video where it showcased that the roof of the car was so strong that you could stack 5 model s on top of each other before the roof of the bottom most models collapses. And I am forever great full for Linus and LMG for all the entertainment and information that its brought to me over the years. 

But the way Linus has become an Elon hater or Twitter hater without seeking beyond what mainstream media has put out has been shocking to me. It begs the question if Linus is wrong about this what else is he wrong about. 

It has been heartbreaking for me to part ways with one of my favourite creators and see them follow the mainstream media propaganda. And I have tried to forget about the whole thing and just keep an open mind and give linus the benifit of the doubt about what he is saying. But Linus keeps digging and he doesn't seem to stop or try to understand whats really going on. 

I sincerely hope linus would open his eyes sooner than later and realise he has been wrong about the whole twitter/elon saga and make things right. 

This is my first post ever and hope i have not stepped out of my bounds or the forum post guidelines and whatnot. Have a great day guys. 

Will respond to meaningful and constructive comments. Thanks 😊 

i mean. elon is a really shitty person. he got the taste of fame and also decided to turn to the far right, which is pretty normal for millionairs. linus on the other hand. he does still seem to have right wing views but hes definately more liberal. he is middle right by definition i beleive. which could cause him to have varied opinions about a further right person such as elon musk.

and i just want to remind you that all of the elon drama is his own fault. he is honestly unhinged. he's gone wild with money.

On 7/22/2023 at 12:49 PM, SpaceCat1242 said:

and i just want to remind you that all of the elon drama is his own fault. he is honestly unhinged. he's gone wild with money.

I mean you don't become a billionaire by being a good dude.

Generally the personality trait mix that makes it possible tends heavily to the asshole spectrum.

Gotta be willing to screw a lot of people chasing that level of greed.

With Musk a lot of people seem to fanboy/girl him basically because EVs and SPACESHIPS! and conflate that with the actual person who isn't someone to be admired. Human garbage is putting it nicely imo.

The latest "genius" move is to rebrand as "X".  This will fix everything.

On 7/14/2023 at 2:35 AM, Visulg said:

the roof of the car was so strong that you could stack 5 model s on top of each other before the roof of the bottom most models collapses

Only fifty years late.

stacked_volvo_140_1.jpg.150662f1eb53e23262db27a8707e975f.jpg

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

6 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Only fifty years late.

In that case, I can't wait for the Cybertruck ads in 10 years.

Maybe in 20 years they'll drop a huge bag of something in the back!

I sold my soul for ProSupport.