52 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Just working on the blog post now, probably will be up within the hour 

It is here, just in time! 

Folding Month V

image.png.612d200a1cd7ee16b4c0eb355345a651.png

Event Starts: November 1st (00:00 GMT)

Ends: December 5th (23:59 GMT)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VVsTK7hKq0d5g_GbTmL7T5avldCOrvrY6zJyDpUEINs

This event will be eligible for F@H event badges.

image.png.88bf63f33f4c7ad6ac1d51595315f3cc.png image.png.5317c842b1efe6e78f4ca7e37fe0b5c4.png image.png.1d891e02773730f5833790b228291d6a.png

Please follow this thread to keep up to date!

Please read the whole of this post before asking any questions and use the links provided at the end for help and support!

Minimum Participation Requirements For Prizes

20 Days with activity*, 500,000 Points & 40 WU

(*activity is defined as completing at least 1WU for the 24 hour period)

These must be met DURING the five weeks of the event. Points produced before the start date do not count!

Prizes!!!

(possibly more to come)

Community donated prizes:

20 x Random Steam Keys - Donated by Community Chest

Draw: Random

10x 25USD Amazon Gift Cards - Donated by @evilpauwse

3 x 50USD Amazon Gift Cards - Donated by @IkeaGnome

2x 25CAD LTTStore.com Gift Cards - Donated by @BondiBlue

5x 20USD Steam Gift Cards - Donated by @Jawa_Juice

2x 25CAD LTTStore.com Gift Cards - Donated by anonymous

LMG Prizes?

20x 100USD LTTStore Giftcards

So here we are, five years later. The first thing to note is the change to previous folding events. Moving forward Folding Months will be numbered. With this event being Folding Month 5. 

If you would have told me, back five years ago when I offered to write commentary for the first folding month that I would be here today, five years later, running multiple folding events per year, leading the team. Taking us from outside the top ten right into the top few teams in the world. I would have never believed you. If only I would have known quite how much I would go through over those five years. The coming and going of friendships, relationships, the passing of family members and the arrival of new ones. In many ways folding has been the one constant in my life. You guys, some who come back year after year and some who like to jump in once to never be seen again. You all are what make it worth it. To see our little community band together, compete for the top spot while at the same time working as a team will never stop bringing a smile to my face. So, I will finish this little preamble with a message, a message of thanks to every single one of you. Thank you for all of your effort, thank you for all of your teamwork, and finally thank you for all of your support. And remember, this is the first chance to grab yourself a gold badge for the few five year veterans on the team!

Folding@home is a network of volunteer computers distributed around the world that aims to perform biomedical research with the single intent of helping to further understand and develop cures for a range of diseases such as; Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's. The exact research that is done is simulating the 'folding' of proteins in the body, this is important because the function of a protein is directly related to its physical shape. And this, when the protein is created in the body it needs to reshuffle its shape to get into the correct structure to perform its task. Many illnesses can be linked to faulty proteins in the body such as many cancers and neurological issues, along with a wide number of other general health concerns. 192.5 petaFLOPS at the time of writing is the speed currently estimated for the network. While the current fastest SuperComputer in the world is HPEs Frontier, clocking in at 1.1-1.7 exaFLOPS.

If you are wondering what exactly has been done with all this computing power then you can check out the papers written by the scientists and researchers that use the folding network, I will warn you though many of them are very in depth reads and in turn this means they are often fairly technical.

https://foldingathome.org/papers-results/

To qualify for badges you must meet the minimum requirements for participation which for this event will be as follows minimum requirements: 500k points, 40WUs, and 20 days of activity over the course of the whole month. This is subject to change for future events as we find out what the sweet spot is to include as many people as possible but not make it too easy to just get a free badge. 

PASSKEYS! (they're really important)

Don't forget to get yourself a passkey from the link below to ensure that you hit the points requirement, the passkey is a feature that was added a while ago to the Folding Client that helps to authenticate each user on the network, an added bonus of this is the fact that it allows you to qualify for QRB(Quick Return Bonus) Points, QRBs are extra points you earn for submitting work units more quickly, such as if you have faster hardware or let the client fold full time, rather than on idle. QRB credit is awarded after 10 WUs have been submitted. You can get your passkey from the link below.

https://apps.foldingathome.org/getpasskey

This is just a PSA for the new guys here, the folding team is a small close knit community, so here's a few things I'd like you all to keep in mind. It doesn't hurt to say thank you, if someone has genuinely helped you out don't forget to drop a reaction on their posts, help others where ever you can and finally we are a team first and always. 

Check your stats out here! Bare in mind it can take some time for your first WUs to appear so leave it a day or two.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/search.php

Please follow the guides below to help with set-up and troubleshooting.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I haven't been active on the folding team for all of these events, but I'm glad to be here now. Looking forward to it!

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

Just now, YoungBlade said:

I was planning on doing folding to heat my room this winter, so this should work out well for me. I'm in.

Welcome aboard! 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I think I'll try this out this year. I always seem to miss them 😂

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 10/3/2022 at 7:03 PM, YoungBlade said:

I was planning on doing folding to heat my room this winter, so this should work out well for me. I'm in.

Starting to wonder if my rx480 is going to be more efficient than my old ass electric baseboards... I only need a few C ambient increase with it being a cinderblock building.

Just now, dizmo said:

I think I'll try this out this year. I always seem to miss them 😂

Happy to have you on our side!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Happy to have you on our side!

I don't need the same login that I used to get the other F@H badge do I?
I haven't a clue what it is anymore.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

image.png.ea4bbceca127ae000da61a636e2b78b1.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I mean, I wouldn't think so... @TVwazhereshouldn't make a difference right? 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

8 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I mean, I wouldn't think so... @TVwazhereshouldn't make a difference right? 

You shouldn't have to "log into" any account; simply enter your LTT user name, and whatever username you're using within F@H. (assuming it's also Dizmo, just enter that)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

You shouldn't have to "log into" any account; simply enter your LTT user name, and whatever username you're using within F@H. (assuming it's also Dizmo, just enter that)

I think he means he can't use the folding name his other badges have been gained under 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I think he means he can't use the folding name his other badges have been gained under 

If he's got multiple usernames, pick the ones that is folding for the LTT folding team 

Okay, fine, maybe I'll finish getting my triple 3060 machine learning toy up and running by then. It's almost together, but I still need to install the quad 2.5" bay kit and reformat the SSDs from 520 byte sectors to 512.

Dell Precision T7910

1300w 80 Plus Gold power supply

Dual Xeon E5-2637 v4

256 GB DDR4 2400 ECC REG

8x 200 GB 12 Gb/sec HGST SAS SSD

3x RTX 3060 12 GB (HP OEM)

Broadcom dual 10Gbe NIC

I've never folded at home before, but if it helps people and makes LTT number go up then you have my axe.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Hopefully i dont run into ram issues (due to crossflashed bios) again, but now im gonna be using a shuttle x58 board once i actually buy the thing aaand ill need another 6 core xeon since i sold off the crappy x5660 😛 good thing i have an h212 now so i can clock the cpu higher if needed (ghetto loop still not done and the pump consumes lots of power)

Does anyone know what F@h benifits the most from for gpu overclocking?
My gpy can do plus 700mem stable, im thinking of letting it sit at +550 all month if it will be a big change in points

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, Helpful Tech Witch said:

Does anyone know what F@h benifits the most from for gpu overclocking?
My gpy can do plus 700mem stable, im thinking of letting it sit at +550 all month if it will be a big change in points

OC actually can become unstable but just experiment with it. @Gorgon is the master and may be able to give pointers based on what card you have. as F@H and stable are 2 diffrent beasts.

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Pre ordered Framework 16 Batch 8 | Ryzen 7 7840HS DIY | Plan on getting the Crucial 64 or 96GB ram Depending on feedback | and a 2 or 4TB WD Black SN850x and 2TB SN770M | 180Watt ACadapter

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Fry: Dell XPS 9520 | Win 11 Pro | Intel i7-12700H | 15.6" 3840x2400 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-4800 | 2TB WD SN810 & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | Nvidia 3050Ti | 130Watt ACadapter

Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

15 minutes ago, cbigfoot said:

OC actually can become unstable but just experiment with it. @Gorgon is the master and may be able to give pointers based on what card you have. as F@H and stable are 2 diffrent beasts.

+550 is definitly stable, 700 is the technically stable but not for long periods.
i know exactly what my card can do, i just dont know if f@h wants more mem speed or more core speed.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, cbigfoot said:

Does overclocking even make that much of a difference for F@h? I've messed around with it on a few cards in the past and didn't get much improvement, and in at least one case I got worse results for some reason. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

10 hours ago, Helpful Tech Witch said:

+550 is definitly stable, 700 is the technically stable but not for long periods.
i know exactly what my card can do, i just dont know if f@h wants more mem speed or more core speed.

F@H uses very little VRAM. Though others have seen slight improvements with memory overclocks in my testing I saw only a few percent which could have been margin of error.

Any increase in Shader/Graphics clock will show a corresponding improvement in yield but finding stability is tricky and a overclock can work for weeks before that one task comes along that causes a failure.

Personally I would NOT go above +50 MHz depending on the card. The one exception is my EVGA 1070ti SC Gaming which seems to boost only to the mid 1800s and will run with a +150 with no issues. These things take a long time to figure out and one failed WU due to an overclock 80-90% into a task will negate any other gains from the overclock when it was stable.

Unlike gaming where the application recovers usually from an error F@H just throws an error and moves on to the next task.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

Love it! You've clearly taken some efforts to write this up and it's brilliant.

Hey Spec, a little correction : Frontier does 1.1 exaFLOPS (1102 PFLOPS), not 1.1PFLOPS. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOP500 ) F@h did briefly breach the exascale mark during the COVID boom in people signing up, and was the first computing system to do so, but we aren't at much more than 150-200PFLOPS now.

4 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

This network if compared with the TOP500 list of supercomputers would outclass every single entry on the list, Folding@home currently outclasses even the fastest purpose built system by a massive margin. 192.5 petaFLOPS at the time of writing is the speed currently estimated for the network. The current fastest SuperComputer in the world is HPEs Frontier, clocking in at 1.1-1.7 petaFLOPS.

Desktop 1 : Ryzen 5 3600 (O/C to 4Ghz all-core) | Gigabyte B450M-DS3H | 24GB DDR4-2400 Crucial(O/C to 2667) | GALAX RTX 2060 6GB | CoolerMaster MWE 650 Gold

Desktop 2 : i5 10400 | 32GB DDR4-3200(@ 2667Mhz) |  EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8 GB | Corsair CV450M

Laptop : ASUS ROG Strix G17 : i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti 6GB(90W), 1TB NVMe SSD

Yoga 3 14 - i7-5500U, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 940M, 256GB SSD

6 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

If you would have told me, back five years ago when I offered to write commentary for the first folding month that I would be here today, five years later, running multiple folding events per year, leading the team. Taking up from outside the top ten right into the top few teams in the world.

At the start of the first Folding month:

Wed Oct 31 22:46:01 GMT 2018
Rank Team #                Team Name           Score  Work Units
   1 224497                 Curecoin 781,816,555,874  20,425,937
   2 111065             folding@evga 224,573,222,442  26,550,939
   3      0                  Default 202,132,490,362 175,453,016
   4     32     www.overclockers.com  88,613,815,241  14,477,933
   5  37726            Overclock.net  86,098,222,553  12,221,510
   6  37651              Hardware.no  85,630,784,158   8,277,723
   7  47191              TSC! Russia  84,846,420,734  12,972,116
   8     33                [H]ardOCP  83,738,437,641  21,321,412
   9  35947     Custom PC & bit-tech  58,654,851,331  11,064,591
  10  31403              Taiwan Team  54,241,034,026   8,270,790
  11  70335        PC Games Hardware  52,013,277,640   5,367,725
  12   3213 China Folding@Home Power  46,553,754,080   3,071,060
  13  11108      Maximum PC Magazine  45,943,333,150  14,116,372
  14 223518       LinusTechTips_Team  41,917,574,515   3,983,087

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

Wow, Folding Month 5 already. Excited to get that sweet F@H event fanatic badge!

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

4 hours ago, Gorgon said:

F@H uses very little VRAM. Those some others have seen slight improvements with memory overclocks in my testing I saw only a few percent which could have been margin of error.

Any increase in Shader/Graphics clock will show a corresponding improvement in yield but finding stability is tricky and a overclock can work for weeks before that one task comes along that causes a failure.

Personally I would go above +50 MHz depending on the card. The one exception is my EVGA 1070ti SC Gaming which seems to boost only to the mid 1800s and will run with a +150 with no issues. These things take a long time to figure out and one failed WU due to an overclock 80-90% into a task will negate any other gains from the overclock when it was stable.

Unlike gaming where the application recovers usually from an error F@H just throws an error and moves on to the next task.

Agreed, a few MHZ can make all the difference between actually stable and apparently stable. My 480 will sit happily for days at 1346mhz core clock, and if you take it to 1356mhz it's probably 95% stable and only certain sequences of certain workloads will cause it to throw artifacts, but if you try to take it a ove 1360mgz: it WILL throw a tantrum, it WILL cause artifacting, and it MAY corrupt the driver.