ZOTAC GeForce RTX 4090 graphics card picture has been leaked

Summary

Over at Chinese Baidu forums, there is a picture showing upcoming RTX 4090 graphics card from ZOTAC. The images depict a production run of ZOTAC's RTX 4090 graphics cards, which include a full cooling and shroud overhaul for NVIDIA's next-generation graphics cards.

ZOTAC-RTX-4090-2.thumb.jpg.a037ba4850a61b7fc0338c78d99ba776.jpg

ZOTAC-4090-AMP-AIRO.thumb.jpg.5c64ba64f63122e4f4dc31204893253a.jpg

Quotes

Gone are the typical straight, boxy lines of any high-tier GPU; ZOTAC seems to be taking a more curvaceous approach to design this time, with more organic lines enveloping a more mundane heatsink. The card features ZOTAC's IceStorm 3.0 cooling solution, which houses a triple-fan, triple-slot design that extends more than a third of its area over the PCB itself.

Unfortunately, there is no clear sign on the GPU section itself, or the power connectors, but there is clearly enough room to fit two 12VHPWR connectors (16-pin PCIe Gen5). What is also confirmed is the new SKU logo with NVIDIA’s updated font.

My thoughts

IMO, I'm really liking the new design of the card; very rounded, and smooth. The card does look quite chonky though, being a triple-slot design. What I'm not liking is the new font they are using for the SKUs ("GeForce RTX 4090"). I feel like it stands out, but not a good way. The old font was better, IMHO. I'm wondering why they are changing the font, and why they settled on this delineation. I feel like they either should had left it alone or went a different route. However, one thing is for sure, we are 8 days away from the GTC event. Therefore, I'm assuming since we are getting leaks of card pics, then it's probably okay to assume that the RTX 4090 will be one of the cards definitely being covered during the keynote. Lastly, something to keep in mind, it appears that the post where this leak originated from (Baidu) has since been deleted. 

Sources

https://videocardz.com/newz/zotac-geforce-rtx-4090-graphics-card-has-been-leaked

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/featured-zotac-rtx-4090-graphics-card.html

https://www.techpowerup.com/298784/zotac-rtx-4090-graphics-card-pictured

Zotac used to have far better looking cards from the AMP! Expreme series out of Maxwell 980 Ti era, had one of those... was my last Zotac and a truly great card. These might actually be 3 and a quarter slots, as the front end might occupy a bit more. This has been the norm so far coming from last gen, 3-slots on all top end GPUs pretty much. They really should extend the cooling vertically, not horizontally. Such as the old Kingpin card PCBs. That would make it 2 slots and just tall.

Also, these will cost several grands so... yeah. Count me uninterested.

12 minutes ago, Motifator said:

They really should extend the cooling vertically, not horizontally. Such as the old Kingpin card PCBs. That would make it 2 slots and just tall..

Tall cards can start to cause interference with the Side panel of a lot of cases, most notably the original O11D; primarily due to the 8 pin connectors....

Speaking of which, I dont see the power connectors on this thing. Makes me wonder if the aftermarket boards will also adopt a 12 pin power connector like the 30 series founders edition (Likely not)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

it's giving Xbox 360 concept art

XBOX 360 | Astro Studios

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Tall cards can start to cause interference with the Side panel of a lot of cases, most notably the original O11D; primarily due to the 8 pin connectors....

Speaking of which, I dont see the power connectors on this thing. Makes me wonder if the aftermarket boards will also adopt a 12 pin power connector like the 30 series founders edition (Likely not)

Well you can always do something else about the power connectors, change their positioning directly to the VRMs, why not? Just with these cards, I don't see a big problem by doing so. It just makes you buy a wider case than anything. I'm running the PC-O11 air BTW. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Well you can always do something else about the power connectors, change their positioning directly to the VRMs, why not? Just with these cards, I don't see a big problem by doing so. It just makes you buy a wider case than anything. I'm running the PC-O11 air BTW. 🙂

Where is the air going to go if the top is against the side panel?  Its bad enough as it is as my 3080 is blowing its hot air straight into the AMD chipset fan.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

13 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Wonder if they'll be moved to the side of the card.

4090.png

elephants

6 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Wonder if they'll be moved to the side of the card.

With how short the PCBs look in those pictures, seems unlikely. We are likely going to see the 12VHPWR connectors (potentially a couple stacked on one another) to meet CEM5 standards. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

24 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I had the tall card issue with the 3090 ti. 

I went with EVGA since their connecter is on the back so it would fit in an O11D.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

26 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Where is the air going to go if the top is against the side panel?  Its bad enough as it is as my 3080 is blowing its hot air straight into the AMD chipset fan.

Yeah I'm just saying they can also offer a tall card and a fat one, it's not undoable. So you have choices regarding both... and cards actually dissipate air to sides and bottom as well. It's not just top. If you have a case like my PC-O11 air, and it's full of fans... that's not going to be a huge issue. What's more of an issue is the power consumption of the actual card itself. You can't help but get to high temps with that thing, even when the top is wide open....

tall cards are no-no, i'm hoping the 24gb vram is all on the top side of the card, wonder if we'll have to get new psus, hope not.

gonna have to pick the case very carefully after reviews, i tried 400w vs 280w and was surprised, 450w of hot air is no joke.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

14 minutes ago, xg32 said:

wonder if we'll have to get new psus, hope not.

gonna have to pick the case very carefully after reviews, i tried 400w vs 280w and was surprised, 450w of hot air is no joke.

They have been meaning to make us go for new PSUs with the new PCI-E sig and PSUs adjusted to the more modern spike standard, as news have shown. This was detailed down couple TPU posts.

Yes, 450W of air right into the case could be an issue. I'm actually from time to time looking at AIO cooled cards from this gen...

1 hour ago, Motifator said:

Well you can always do something else about the power connectors, change their positioning directly to the VRMs, why not? Just with these cards, I don't see a big problem by doing so.

Positioning has been updated before, as with the 30xx series founders editions and a couple of high end AIB's. But there's still plenty of cards like my 1080TI FTW3 that dont fit naturally or have to use low-profile adapters adapters to fit properly. Now obviously the solution would be to vertical mount but A it blocks any other PCI-E slots from being used and B:

1 hour ago, Motifator said:

It just makes you buy a wider case than anything. I'm running the PC-O11 air BTW. 🙂

Making users modify, change or upgrade their case in 2022 when we already have such long cases to support 400mm+ GPU's (with front RADS installed in some instances) for the sake of "bigger" really isn't a great answer. Not only does that limit many usable cases currently on the market, but also forces buyers to rebuild most/all of their PC in order to upgrade one part. A lot less convenient than two screws and a push down tab to swap a GPU. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

32 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Positioning has been updated before, as with the 30xx series founders editions and a couple of high end AIB's. But there's still plenty of cards like my 1080TI FTW3 that dont fit naturally or have to use low-profile adapters adapters to fit properly. Now obviously the solution would be to vertical mount but A it blocks any other PCI-E slots from being used and B:

Making users modify, change or upgrade their case in 2022 when we already have such long cases to support 400mm+ GPU's (with front RADS installed in some instances) for the sake of "bigger" really isn't a great answer. Not only does that limit many usable cases currently on the market, but also forces buyers to rebuild most/all of their PC in order to upgrade one part. A lot less convenient than two screws and a push down tab to swap a GPU. 

Yeah but I'm not suggesting all cards to be that way or the reference to be it. What I'm saying is, there SHOULD BE cards like the old Kingpins, which did have tall coolers, PCBs, and were dual slot. The advantage of this is being able to use the other slots for other stuff...

I'm skeptical that every card is going to use the new 12VHPWR connector thing because there's basically no power supplies available right now that support it natively.  Maybe only 2 models I've heard of.

Also notice there's only 4 capacitors on the back of the die instead of 6.  Maybe they're confident they got the power spiking thing cut down?

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Ooo Mama! Those are NOT Small at all. They look pretty slick ngl. Im more partial to the brick-like Rectangular Prism GPU than the rounded ones but still looks great. Its a shame that you cant see the Power plugs. Im sure they're using the new 12 pin or 12+4pin connectors to power this monster. 

Marline
Top Loop:
Thermaltake Pacific PR2U Dual 5.25" Bay D5 Pump/Resorvior Combo / EK ZMT Tubing / A mixture of Chrome Plated Brass Rotary Fittings Bit Fenix and Alpha Cool / Alphacool NexXxos 280mm 45mm Thick Copper Pass-through Radiator / Alphacool NexXxos 140mm 45mm Thick Copper Radiator / XSPC G1/4 1/2ID Chrome Compression Fittings / Freeze Mod AM4 CPU Waterblock / 3x Noctua Redux 140mm fans
The Bottom: 
Custom Made 2mm Thick Steel PSU Shroud / Aqua Computer Aqua Tube POM Reservoir / Alphacool Eisdeck 5 w/D5 655 Pump / EK ZMT Tubing / Alphacool 45° Chrome Plated Brass Rotary Fittings / Bitfenix 90° Chrome Plated Brass Rotary Fittings / Alphacool Chrome Plates Brass Pass Through Fittings / Koolance QD3 Quick Disconnects / Bitfenix Full Cover Water Block 2080ti / Alphacool NexXxos 200mm 45mm Thick Copper Radiator / Noctua Chromax 200mm Fan / The fluid I used for both was EK Cryofuel Acid Green
Computer Specs:
Thermaltake F31 Suppressor / Ryzen 9 3950X / 32gb G. Skill 3200mhz RAM / Asus B550-E motherboard / Zotac RTX 2080 ti 11gb / EVGA 1000 GS PSU / Samsung 970 Evo Gen3 NVMe SSD / Western Digital SN850X Gen 4 NVMe SSD / 4x PNY 120 gb SSDs in RAID 0 / 1x Spectre 512gb SSD / 1x Patriot 240gb SSD / 1x 1Tb Western Digital Black 7200RPM HDD / 1x 2Tb Seagate 5400RPM HDD / Windows 10

14 minutes ago, Arika S said:

wow,those are ugly as sin.

also looks like they are quad-slot cards. wtf

Probably three and a quarter or three and a half. There have been 4 and 4 plus slot, way uglier cards from this gen however. Namely, the infamous Aorus RTX GPUs. Reminds you of complete baked bread... at least it has 3 DP + 3 HDMI:

Gigabyte-GeForce-Aorus-RTX-3060-Ti-Maste

Just now, Motifator said:

three and a quarter or three and a half.

so basically quad-slot. it's still preventing you from using that slot regardless of whether it's a full 4 slot or 3.x

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

so basically quad-slot. it's still preventing you from using that slot regardless of whether it's a full 4 slot or 3.x

Not precisely true, three and a quarter means you might still be able to push whatever PCI-E add-in cards you're putting to the next slot. My GPU for example is like 2.5 but I still have an Optane PCI-E stick next to it. 😉

20 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

That's probably one of the worst looking cards I've ever seen, it looks like a 2 story  "modern house" 

One of the things to like about Intel ARC cards, they promise at least for this generation to release their own builds that are not wacky or pointless to bad gamer junk style of cards. Instead of showing the mechanical nature and metal of it all while fitting in with the rest of the build.

This card looks so bad, also looks to be over 3 slots and longer so it would probably require a large case.

I'm not very excited about 4000 series anyway with the rumored high power consumption, and the requirement for a new PSU.

So are partner cards coming out same time as founders cards? And can anyone see any specs on that box for the 4090? 

CPU:                       Motherboard:                Graphics:                                 Ram:                            Screen:

i9-13900KS   Asus z790 HERO      ASUS TUF 4090 OC    GSkill 7600 DDR5       ASUS 48" OLED 138hz