You don't get a warrantee because Linus might die at an inconvenient time

Wireless G-Spot

Before this I've never heard of "Trust me bro" warranty (Other then scams).  Either make a formal announcement/page about warranties or don't offer it at all.

58 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

They already announced on Twitter that there will be a written warranty on Backpack before it ships, hopefully everyone can calm down now

EDIT I should have been more specific, Nick Light tweeted that

most of the people still complain. are attacking people right now on reddit sub. they already hit me..  they just want to add more fuel to the fire.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

3 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

most of the people still complain. are attacking people right now on reddit sub. they already hit me..  they just want to add more fuel to the fire.

People are going to be asking about contradicting statements

4 minutes ago, Wyn said:

People are going to be asking about contradicting statements

most people dont do basic research anymore. that on them. no one else.

i ref the target attacks on myself and others. for saying . hey not ok to harassment  of his wife or kids..

2 days mods let that happen.

its still a on going issue and atm if you dont join in mob rule thinking. you will get bot Target and  a  3 day temp ban from reddit.( i was asleep at the time it happen)

here the  post that claim bullying/harassment by reddit.)

hey its not ok  to harass or insult his wife or kids.

you  loser toxic. small but vocal fan base.

i will report anyone that doing it and also quote tos of sub.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

1 hour ago, Wyn said:

Before this I've never heard of "Trust me bro" warranty (Other then scams).  Either make a formal announcement/page about warranties or don't offer it at all.

They talked about it on the WAN show today. It's not a dedicated video but he literally said outright what it was going to be. He said it will be made in writing soon enough. It's basically a lifetime warranty, excluding normal wear and tear. Which is essentially the same as any other warranty.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just watched the segment on the WAN show, and there is a weird disconnect between the two hosts

Luke: comments about how Linus communicated poorly and how he understands the negative side of the comments, keeps jumping in at the weird comments from Linus

Linus: full defensive mode and trying to say viewers are wrong. there was some acknowledgement that he was wrong and not clear, but then flopped back to "but it's all trust anyway doesn't matter if it's a written warranty or not and that viewers should know how we work by now".

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

Just watched the segment on the WAN show, and there is a weird disconnect between the two hosts

Luke: comments about how Linus communicated poorly and how he understands the negative side of the comments, keeps jumping in at the weird comments from Linus

Linus: full defensive mode and trying to say viewers are wrong. there was some acknowledgement that he was wrong and not clear, but then flopped back to "but it's all trust anyway doesn't matter if it's a written warranty or not and that viewers should know how we work by now".

Luke’s just trying to make sure that people can’t clip small sections of WAN out of context to try and frame the story in a different light.

We are getting an official written warranty for backpack (Pending Legal Review) at this point.

35 minutes ago, Bitter said:

odd steve forgot to mention everything is out source. no in house tool dev etc stuff . compare to ltt stuff. that is in house design and such.... good old Steve. never gets old

1 hour ago, dogwitch said:

i ref the target attacks on myself and others. for saying . hey not ok to harassment  of his wife or kids..

its still a on going issue and atm if you dont join in mob rule thinking. you will get bot Target and  a  3 day temp ban from reddit.( i was asleep at the time it happen)

I was talking about what Linus and now Nick have said regarding warranties.

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

They talked about it on the WAN show today. It's not a dedicated video but he literally said outright what it was going to be. He said it will be made in writing soon enough. It's basically a lifetime warranty, excluding normal wear and tear. Which is essentially the same as any other warranty.

That's all they had to do instead of the hole digging lol

4 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

odd steve forgot to mention everything is out source. no in house tool dev etc stuff . compare to ltt stuff. that is in house design and such.... good old Steve. never gets old

I'm pretty sure they design the mats in house and for the tool set had specific steel and grinds for shape/size as well as customer lower plastic packaging but ok.

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I'm pretty sure they design the mats in house and for the tool set had specific steel and grinds for shape/size as well as customer lower plastic packaging but ok.

he makes a pattern. gets other companies to make them. and see if its works or not. same goes with  tool sets to. he does not have a  tool engineer on staff for design etc. all out source in that dept.(am quoting his own video about the subject he made years ago 3 plus year old video.)

to wyn. i ref how people again. i got to say this.

dont do  basic research and will total still complain. till someone shares said info. That they were too lazy to look up.

i should have been clear on that.

2 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

he makes a pattern. gets other companies to make them. and see if its works or not. same goes with  tool sets to. he does not have a  tool engineer on staff for design etc. all out source in that dept.(am quoting his own video about the subject he made years ago 3 plus year old video.)

to wyn. i ref how people again. i got to say this.

dont do  basic research and will total still complain. till someone shares said info. That they were too lazy to look up.

i should have been clear on that.

They're also a 5 person company in a single building, LTT is....a bit larger. I can forgive an extremely small company for doing just basic design work and handing off production to someone else. It's still a product unique to GN, designed by GN for the most part, but made by a partner. This is pretty common in a lot of industries, Snap-On doesn't directly make every tool that they sell and BMW doesn't directly make every part of their cars nor do they even directly design every part of their car. Comparing Snap-On and BMW with GN isn't exactly equivalent but I think you get what I'm trying to say, it's not critical that Steve is hand grinding each screw driver himself and Patrick is injection molding each handle and Patrick is slipping each into a plastic sleeve for shipping. Out sourcing is OK.

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

He is right though, the warranty is only worth something if the company has the integrity to back it up, and he did admit that Luke was right about how he cant just assume someone knows their history with customer service. And considering he started by saying he handled the response badly I think saying he was "in full defensive mode" and was "trying to say the viewers are wrong" was very disingenuous unless you watched a different WAN show

3 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

They already announced on Twitter that there will be a written warranty on Backpack before it ships, hopefully everyone can calm down now

EDIT I should have been more specific, Nick Light tweeted that

I think the issue was that while the COO was saying that, the CEO seemingly contradicting that statement understandably did not send a message of confidence to the average person.

I know for me the only reason I was confident ordering was knowing they couldn't get out of the return policy since while it seemed to fulfill my criteria and the reviews were positive a large purchase without a warranty is a risky choice.

It might be different for millionaires in Vancouver, but where I'm from, pinky swears are not how deals between a business and individual usually work.

Though I'm glad that they clarified that Linus officially confirmed that Nick Light's statements about warranty were correct. It makes me happy to know that.

21 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

was very disingenuous

Not disingenuous at all. all acknowledgements of fault and apologies flowed into a "...but the viewers/audience...." which is why Luke had to keep stepping in to rein Linus back.

i'm glad there is going to be a warranty, but Linus is still trying move the criticism away form himself.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

44 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

He is right though, the warranty is only worth something if the company has the integrity to back it up, and he did admit that Luke was right about how he cant just assume someone knows their history with customer service. And considering he started by saying he handled the response badly I think saying he was "in full defensive mode" and was "trying to say the viewers are wrong" was very disingenuous unless you watched a different WAN show

I agree and i think that is the point many are missing.  You can have something in writing, but you still have to trust they will follow through. Many warranties have a lot of language that can give a company an out from honouring their warranty.  The tech space alone has many examples of this.

I also agree that he does realize that he was in the wrong and is sorry. One thing Ive learned from this wan show,  is that Linus does have his heart in the right place,  but isn't always very good at explaining where hes coming from.  For example, last week when he was brging up his family,  I too was a little cconfused. He clarified this week that all he meant he wants to ensure there are solid polocies and pratices in place to ensure his viewers/customers are still taken care of after hes gone.  Which is good IMO,  because so many companies change and not always for the better after the founder is no longer there.

I am glad LTT did the right thing and put forth a plan to an actual warranty, even if their plans of honoring it align with how they intended on before. Will be interesting how the screwdriver warranty is handled. I honestly don't expect a lifetime warranty out of the bits. Nothing is stopping someone from slapping one in a 1/4 inch impact driver and breaking it.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

They're also a 5 person company in a single building, LTT is....a bit larger. I can forgive an extremely small company for doing just basic design work and handing off production to someone else. It's still a product unique to GN, designed by GN for the most part, but made by a partner. This is pretty common in a lot of industries, Snap-On doesn't directly make every tool that they sell and BMW doesn't directly make every part of their cars nor do they even directly design every part of their car. Comparing Snap-On and BMW with GN isn't exactly equivalent but I think you get what I'm trying to say, it's not critical that Steve is hand grinding each screw driver himself and Patrick is injection molding each handle and Patrick is slipping each into a plastic sleeve for shipping. Out sourcing is OK.

and?

steve for what ever reason. does not want to grow his company.  it seems.

instead lets buy a overall huge building,buy a nearly 100k fan testing machine.  so on.

his  channel is basically  poor mans Puget system.

i  general understand linus plan from a outside looker. also what he mention to.

steve.  seems some dude loves to get shiny toys he knows nothing about.

thats my take.

and end of almost going off topic now.

6 hours ago, Bitter said:

So Linus won't give me a warranty on a CPU, but Steve will give me a warranty on a mirrored Intel ARC GPU?

Cool, I guess?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

7 hours ago, dogwitch said:

Do you seriously think that you were temp banned for saying "please don't harass" and not because you called people "toxic", "losers" and threatened to report people? 

It's not the first part of your post that the moderators took issue with. It was the second part.

You can't just say two things and pretend like any backlash from one of them is caused by the other. 

"I like ice cream and hate black people". 

"wow, are you seriously banning me because I said I like ice cream?" 

I hope you're being disingenuous because if you aren't then I feel like you lack self awareness. 

5 hours ago, dogwitch said:

and?

steve for what ever reason. does not want to grow his company.  it seems.

instead lets buy a overall huge building,buy a nearly 100k fan testing machine.  so on.

his  channel is basically  poor mans Puget system.

i  general understand linus plan from a outside looker. also what he mention to.

steve.  seems some dude loves to get shiny toys he knows nothing about.

thats my take.

and end of almost going off topic now.

GN is hiring but I think maybe you're just seeing two different business styles, Linus with his YOLO ADD style and Steve with his overly cautious measured approach. They're both doing well enough how they're doing things, GN is very focused on a somewhat narrow segment and LTT is quickly diversifying. That's fine too! Different strokes for different folks.

1 hour ago, Needfuldoer said:

So Linus won't give me a warranty on a CPU, but Steve will give me a warranty on a mirrored Intel ARC GPU?

Cool, I guess?

Correct, because Linus dropped the CPU.

OMG what if he didn't want to put warranty on the backpacks because he already dropped them all! #dropgate

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Do you seriously think that you were temp banned for saying "please don't harass" and not because you called people "toxic", "losers" and threatened to report people? 

It's not the first part of your post that the moderators took issue with. It was the second part.

You can't just say two things and pretend like any backlash from one of them is caused by the other. 

"I like ice cream and hate black people". 

"wow, are you seriously banning me because I said I like ice cream?" 

I hope you're being disingenuous because if you aren't then I feel like you lack self awareness. 

odd.   so  mods or bot users care more  about that.  Then the direct harassing/threat post. that mods left up by other users (that are still up btw) ... got it.

i admin and been a mod before on forums.  Everything i said(which i did shorten a bit) was in no way breaking any tos on reddit/nor ltt sub rules .

your comment was to dam funny. it really is.