Summer Folding sprint 2022 - Part One

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

and with that this event has come to a close, thank you to everyone who got involved, feel free to talk more over on the folding community thread. 

@leadeater @TVwazhere or any other mod, can you please lock this thread now. 

Summer Folding Sprint of 2022 - Part One

Starts June, 6th(00:00 BST)

Ends June, 12th (23:59 BST)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1THg9Hzy_NBk2a99oQ2EXCxX8o_OgoXe4ru06KuFBMPM

Folding@home team LTT id#: 223518

(This event is only for folding for team LTT you will not qualify if you are folding independent or for another team, sorry.)

This event will NOT be eligible for F@H event badges.

Please read the whole of this post before asking any questions and use the links provided at the end for help and support!

If anyone is willing to help with data handling PM me ASAP!

Please follow this thread to keep up to date!

Minimum Participation Requirements For Prizes

5 Days with activity* & 300,000 Points

(*activity is defined as completing at least 1WU for the 24 hour period)

Prizes!!!

(More to come soon)

Community donated prizes:

10x Random Steam keys - Community Pool

Draw: All Ranks

3x 50USD Amazon Gift Cards - Donated by @IkeaGnome

1x 20USD Steam Gift Card - Donated by @Jawa_Juice

3x 25CAD LTTStore Gift Cards

So as the weather is starting to warm up and the price of energy has spiked for many of us here are once again. Another folding sprint is here and ready for the taking. Who will emerge victorious, who will falter in the heat, who will bask in the greatness of their hardware. Only time will. So get your GPUs in order and be ready for for the summer folding sprint. This year the sprint is slip into two one week sections, this way members can more easier spread the cost of the event. 

As many of you know i'm having a rough time of it with my health right now, so please keep that in mind, this event will be run like any other, but the blog posts will be posted the following day rather than at night. I'm hoping by doing it this way I can better manage my health and take less risks mentally and physically. 

What is Folding@Home

Folding@home is a network of volunteer computers distributed around the world that aims to perform biomedical research with the single intent of helping to further understand and develop cures for a range of diseases such as; Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's and most recently COVID19. The exact research that is done is simulating the 'folding' of proteins in the body, this is important because the function of a protein id directly related to its physical shape. And this, when the protein is created in the body it needs to reshuffle its shape to get into the correct structure to perform its task. Many illnesses can be linked to faulty proteins in the body such as many cancers and neurological issues, along with a wide number of other general health concerns. 

PASSKEYS! (they're really important)

Don't forget to get yourself a passkey from the link below to ensure that you hit the points requirement, the passkey is a feature that was added a while ago to the Folding Client that helps to authenticate each user on the network, an added bonus of this is the fact that it allows you to qualify for QRB(Quick Return Bonus) Points, QRBs are extra points you earn for submitting work units more quickly, such as if you have faster hardware or let the client fold full time, rather than on idle. QRB credit is awarded after 10 WUs have been submitted. You can get your passkey from the link below.

https://apps.foldingathome.org/getpasskey

Please remember that I will be writing my usual daily update blog once the event kicks off, the blog can be found linked below.

https://linustechtips.com/blogs/blog/1352-summer-folding-sprint-2021/

This is just a PSA, the folding team is historically a small close knit community, so here's a few things I'd like you all to keep in mind. It doesn't hurt to say thank you, if someone has genuinely helped you out don't forget to drop a reaction on their posts, help others where ever you can and finally we are a team first and always. 

Check your stats out here! Bare in mind it can take some time for your first WUs to appear so leave it a day or two.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/search.php

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Do you have the dates right?? May 6th was 2 days ago and the 2nd, last date of signups, a week ago?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Do you have the dates right?? May 6th was 2 days ago and the 2nd, last date of signups, a week ago?

I just had that pointed out, every single event I mess the dates up somehow. i'm on it

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

There we go, fixed it! I'm sure it is just tradition at this point 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Finally i can actually participate this time now that i have x58, unfortunately this platform is a power hog so gotta hope i dont nuke power bills too much if i end up joining, then theres the fact that even at 4.5g+ these 12 year old hex cores only perform as well as first gen ryzen, ontop of that needa upgrade cpu cause this pile of trash x5660 is horrible bin and has a terrible 3rd core which nukes oc capability + needa get triple channel cause right now it only has a single 1gb ddr3 stick xD  so lets just say i dont have any chance of getting anywhere near the podium

Questions wise

What will the prizes be for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place?

Any prizes for the ppl below 3rd place?

And when will the sign up link open? Cause atm its closed

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Finally i can actually participate this time now that i have x58, unfortunately this platform is a power hog so gotta hope i dont nuke power bills too much if i end up joining, then theres the fact that even at 4.5g+ these 12 year old hex cores only perform as well as first gen ryzen, ontop of that needa upgrade cpu cause this pile of trash x5660 is horrible bin and has a terrible 3rd core which nukes oc capability + needa get triple channel cause right now it only has a single 1gb ddr3 stick xD  so lets just say i dont have any chance of getting anywhere near the podium

Questions wise

What will the prizes be for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place?

Any prizes for the ppl below 3rd place?

And when will the sign up link open? Cause atm its closed

There are always prizes that are raffled to all ranks.

The link will go live very shortly, just finishing a couple of things, check back in an hour and you should be good

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

i can neither confirm nor Deny my HW setup may not be correct in my sig any more...there MAY have been changes/additions/returns/exchanges/revivals/alterations...

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

2 minutes ago, cbigfoot said:

i can neither confirm nor Deny my HW setup may not be correct in my sig any more...there MAY have been changes/additions/returns/revivals/alterations...

For economic reasons I'll be down to running just two cards in one system, I may fire up foldatron but it's not looking likely 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

For economic reasons I'll be down to running just two cards in one system, I may fire up foldatron but it's not looking likely 

well then...here a hint when i get a chance my sig will get updated with specifics Bender got an upgrade went from 80-85 MH to 120MH..., Scooty got replace, Leela died and is replaced...

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

37 minutes ago, cbigfoot said:

i can neither confirm nor Deny my HW setup may not be correct in my sig any more...there MAY have been changes/additions/returns/exchanges/revivals/alterations...

i mean:

Knipsel.JPG.1ce92ff8483a31720742a909cc746681.JPG

this basically means you can change anything in your setup and still be technically correct.

6 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

i mean:

this basically means you can change anything in your setup and still be technically correct.

hehehe well i might have played with it for a min then had to run...it was a 2060 Ko...it will be all updated when i get home this afternoon/evening CST

Honorable Mentions:

I'll finally stop putting it off and FOLD this year

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Best of luck to all involved. And their hardware. I'm not going to be home for this, and I'll be commuting to a different country, but I'll leave hardware folding. Getting ready to sell the house anyways a month or two later so if something goes wrong, insurance money is quicker than a sale 😉 Only kidding here. Kind of. Not hoping I burn the house down.

Just have to hope that the curse of the machine shutting down every time I go to work will break for the event.

image.png.078b7577d75acc627bce8edc128de8ae.png

I got shut off at 489,000,000 points this time. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

7 hours ago, RollinLower said:

i mean:

OK my Sig is now legit. i got roughly 2x3070 Desktop cards, 2060ko, a 3060M, 3070m, 5700XT that i will be running... But depending on temps some may not run...Dont want to destroy my AC Unit...

Honorable Mentions:

Missed the last event, so no way I'm missing this one.

I see a couple of guys in LinusTechTips Team are pushing 30 mil points a day which is very impressive, they will be hard to beat if they join the event.

i might try.

1 of my 2080s vram temps are concerning of recent.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

Folding?

In this economy?

Susge Sticker - Susge - Discover & Share GIFs

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

6 hours ago, Shlouski said:

Missed the last event, so no way I'm missing this one.

I see a couple of guys in LinusTechTips Team are pushing 30 mil points a day which is very impressive, they will be hard to beat if they join the event.

i remember a time where i was a top 10 producer with just a 1080Ti and a 1070. Oh how times have changed...

Not complaining though, if anything we need moar PPD!

You had me at "Summer Fo-"

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, RollinLower said:

Summer Fountain convention 2022 is gonna be so sick! 😁

of heat stroke!

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

3 hours ago, Shlouski said:

All this year the weather has been lousy and has rarely made it to 25c. 

The day after spectrum announces the event. 

Feel free to join in on the preparations.

giphy.gif

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

48 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Feel free to join in on the preparations.

giphy.gif

Proceeding to strip down to my shorts, the fan is on high, cool drink is in hand and I'm stuck to the sofa. 

Prepped and ready to go, let's do this!