INTEL SCREWED OVER GAMERS

jhon lee

Ok you guys remember this video linus made? 

Well he was claiming that cpu was such a good deal and everyone thought it was. Until i saw the news 7th gen and older wont support windows 11. Thats when i thought wait a minute, someone lists 7th gen proccessors for really cheap 1 week later microsoft reveal windows 11 wont be able to run on it. Can you connect the dots? This seller was selling on insider information from Microsoft. Why else would he sell so cheap, but who could have insider information on this except the chipmakers themselves. There is a huge chance that was intel selling those at really cheap prices knowing once Microsoft announces the system requirements of windows 11 no one would want to buy it. So they sell it for real cheap make a profit and whoever buys it is stuck on windows 10. Now windows 10 is still good right? Well incase you guys dont remember windows 10 end of support is 2025 4 years from now. Anyone who bought that processor can keep it for 4 years before they are forced to upgrade or use outdated software which linus has said "you cant browse the internet with outdated software as soon as you go to a shady site they can exploit themselves into your computer" so yeah people now definitely dont want 7th gen after hearing about this but the gamers are stuck with it and has been screwed over. Honestly if this was intel they should be sued for trading on insider information which is prohibited by United States law. So if anyone can please share this post to as many people as possible. That would be great as people with 7th gen or older would be selling ASAP now and leaving it stuck in the hands of someone else. 

6 minutes ago, jhon lee said:

Well he was claiming that cpu was such a good deal and everyone thought it was. Until i saw the news 7th gen and older wont support windows 11. Thats when i thought wait a minute, someone lists 7th gen proccessors for really cheap 1 week later microsoft reveal windows 11 wont be able to run on it. Can you connect the dots? This seller was selling on insider information from Microsoft. Why else would he sell so cheap, but who could have insider information on this except the chipmakers themselves. There is a huge chance that was intel selling those at really cheap prices knowing once Microsoft announces the system requirements of windows 11 no one would want to buy it. So they sell it for real cheap make a profit and whoever buys it is stuck on windows 10. Now windows 10 is still good right? Well incase you guys dont remember windows 10 end of support is 2025 4 years from now. Anyone who bought that processor can keep it for 4 years before they are forced to upgrade or use outdated software which linus has said "you cant browse the internet with outdated software as soon as you go to a shady site they can exploit themselves into your computer" so yeah people now definitely dont want 7th gen after hearing about this but the gamers are stuck with it and has been screwed over. Honestly if this was intel they should be sued for trading on insider information which is prohibited by United States law. So if anyone can please share this post to as many people as possible. That would be great as people with 7th gen or older would be selling ASAP now and leaving it stuck in the hands of someone else. 

if you have one just use linux

10 minutes ago, jhon lee said:

This seller was selling on insider information from Microsoft. Why else would he sell so cheap, but who could have insider information on this except the chipmakers themselves.

I'd say it's far more likely they're being sold so cheaply because otherwise they don't sell at all, since a lot of people go with AMD CPUs right now.

Besides, it's an old refurbished CPU, meaning it came from some old office PC or workstation. It's not Intel selling these.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

6 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

if you have one just use linux

yes my friend join the penguin os and ditch windows

tho a comprimise is running a w11 vm on linux

So your main os keeps getting updated and you can run w11 like normal

Plus if w11 gets infected theres a fallback os and its easier to backup information since you can just move all important data to linux so an infection on w11 will be contained in the vm

Though you still need to dedicate atleast 1 core and 2gb ram for the host os so best not use this for cpus lower than 8 cores with 10 cores or more preffered and ram under 16gb with 32gb preffered

1) I would just reply to the thread of the video

2) While there is a pretty decent chance that somebody at Intel knew that Windows 11 would only support newer CPUs, it would seem unlikely for that information to be given to a person that would sell the CPUs on Ebay. Intel is not making that much money on these CPUs in the grand scheme of things, so why would they risk giving out confidential information? In my opinion it seems more likely to be a coincidence, however I would not dismiss the theory that you have as it could be possible. However, this is all speculation on top of speculation. Not a lawyer, but pretty sure insider trading (at least in the US) only works if you are doing investments, not selling products, but I could be wrong. If you are going to use these CPUs for more than 4 years or are going to try to resell them in the future, you should not buy them in the first place. There are plenty of other great alternatives other than older Intel HEDT CPUs if you care about Windows 11 support.

Microsoft is thinking of lowering the cpu requirements before the final release. However you can run the insiders build without any requirements. Well sometimes the insider build show requirements not met error, but sometimes it will install Windows 11 without any requirement issues. The reason for the intel cpus being sold cheap can be due to mostly everybody going AMD. Core i9 Extremes are workstation cpus. Amd's gaming lineup can beat those. And the reason for it being sold so cheaply can also be the somebody from the inside theory. Microsoft would have to work with Intel or AMD to make cpus that support their win 11 requirements. So maybe 1 or more employees could have used this to their adavantage.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

Yes, that is exactly what is going on. The evil corporations are out to get our money. They carefully planned that one for years. Damn shame that you uncovered their evil tactics now they have to come up with something even more evil.

Seriously, how do people come up with things like that?

By the way those chips are 4 years old at this point and Windows 10 will be supported until 2025. So what exactly are you trying to say. It really makes ZERO sense.

Also if you are buying 7th Gen HEDT just for gaming you are doing something wrong.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

I mean... like you said, Windows 10 is still supported until 2025.
And after that, nothing stops you from still using it. It's not like huge vulnerabilities will be found right away and I'm pretty sure that, just like Windows 7 before it, Microsoft will release patches for those (due to their enterprise partners).

Still a good deal regardless. Windows 11 is basically a reskin of Windows 10 so far with a few features tacked on top, it's not like Win7 to Win10, where Win10 offered the "new" Directx12.

And worst come to pass... Just use Linux. 🤷‍♂️
Gaming on Linux is getting better and better every year, wouldn't surprise me if in 2025 it was yet even better.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

10 hours ago, jhon lee said:

Jeez louise dude, I think that tinfoil hat is on a little tight.

Also Insider trading means buying/selling stocks or shares based on knowledge that the business is going to do something in the future that will affect those prices. It does not encompass removing old stock at a discounted price using a third party a week before you know the product is going to decrease in value, that's called being a smart business.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

14 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Jeez louise dude, I think that tinfoil hat is on a little tight.

100%

There's no conspiracies, older gen CPU, even high core counts like these will always be cheaper after a few years (4 years now for the 79** CPUs ?)

Those are sold as new and it seems like they are because of the lack of corner bends, but as he points out, they have scratches on the heatspreader and stains on the pads, so it's totally possible those were selected as "bad" due to various cosmetic reasons and sent to be "recycled" ... and somehow "fell off the truck". This happens more often than we think, especially in China.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

11 hours ago, jhon lee said:

Yes, Intel invested resources into a line of  unpopular CPU's so that 4 years later when they had found their way into the eBay bargain bin unsuspecting gamers who purchased them would find themselves unable to upgrade to Windows 11. This doesn't benefit Intel in any tangible way, mind you, because all the profits are going to random eBay sellers, Intel just did it because they're mean. They were able to accomplish this by using a crystal ball that allowed them to see into the future and know Microsoft would release Windows 11 at a time when they were still saying 10 was the "last" version of Windows which they would just keep updating forever, and also know which CPU's Microsoft would choose to support for Windows 11 and which they wouldn't. For some reason Intel did not bother to use their crystal ball to foresee AMD increasingly kicking their asses for the past four years and make some more competitive products in response. Nope. They'd rather just screw the poor innocent gamers.

Have you ever in your life taken a half second to think an idea through before deciding it needed to be shared unsolicited with the maximum possible number of people?

What is it with gamers' fetish for imagining conspiracies being plotted against them?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Yes, Windows 11 won't support the 7th gen CPUs, but the X299 motherboards that are used with them will. I just picked up a 7900X from that seller, but can easily upgrade to a 9900X in four years when the Windows 10 support expires.

I doubt any malicious activity was going on, as one would expect the price of older parts to drop as they go EOL.

CPU: I9-7900X RAM: 64GB (16X4) DDR4-2933 GPU: RTX 3080 MOBO: ASUS X299 Deluxe PSU: Corsair RM850 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair iCUE 465X Cooler: Corsair 280 AIO

Windows 11 doesnt currently support 7thgen or r1000, but microsoft did say that they were evaluating adding support 7th and r1000 cpus

dont worry, more cpus will come for support.

But Linus did say that this wasnt a good choice for gaming, which he is 100% right on. If your gaming, get a 5800x or 5900x, much better price

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

59 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I mean... like you said, Windows 10 is still supported until 2025.

And let's be honest, we know how this will bein 2030:

Microsoft pleads with world to stop using Windows 10, claims they are tired of being forced to issue updates for it.  Says they will discontinue support in 2031 'For Reals This Time'.

2032: Microsoft internal email leaks titled 'These motherfuckers will not stop using Windows 10 and we keep having to patch it.  We need to kill them somehow.'

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

I'm running Windows 11 on 7600k JUST fine thank you! And am getting regular updates as usual 🤣Proof:

Spoiler

billede.thumb.png.fd715005a306b474642a2d20da635e23.png

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

3 hours ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

I'm running Windows 11 on 7600k JUST fine thank you! And am getting regular updates as usual 🤣Proof:

Reveal hidden contents

The insider preview isn't the full retail version, as others have mentionned, for now Windows 11 won't officially support 7th gen CPUs, but that might change.

With all that said, it doesn't mean you won't be able to install Windows 11 on a PC with unsupported hardware. I'm pretty sure all those requirements will have some sort of bypass, even for the secure boot and TPM.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

12 hours ago, jhon lee said:

"you cant browse the internet with outdated software as soon as you go to a shady site they can exploit themselves into your computer"

I mean they'll exploit themselves into your computer even with not outdated software. How do you think people get viruses, ransomware-ed or other things? They go to shady sites without the necessary precautions and/or click random ads or links that are plastered on those.

12 hours ago, jhon lee said:

Honestly if this was intel they should be sued for trading on insider information

Perhaps, but that's one giant if. Good luck proving it.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

And this is because Microsoft stops updating old OS as soon as new ones come out?

image.thumb.png.1cc107b7759fd98b0dfc41eb55c3ea18.png

Or is this because people are deciding "facts" that are based on stuff that Microsoft might not even know yet and getting themselves worked up?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

aight im onboard

lets go, pitchfork and torches, to intel's HQ!

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I guess nobody bothered to look at the cpu requirements for win 10.

People be panicking over nada. 

4 hours ago, Middcore said:

What is it with gamers' fetish for imagining conspiracies being plotted against them?

Gotta justify not being able to upgrade somehow. Global disarray because of a pandemic is not a good reason. /s

I'm all for companies are not your friend and that kind of stuff, but we sure have become a cynical distrustful bunch haven't we.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

47 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

or just use Windows 10. Or OP, you could watch Linus's video on the 8 ways you can bypass the requirements.

Windows 11 isn't even at retail yet and people are acting like Windows 10 is already obsolete.

Meanwhile there are users who clung, and many remain doing so, to both Win7 and WinXP even today.

But I think a lot of these 'freak outs' are kids who have not been old enough to see how uneventual a new Windows release really is.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

24 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Exactly. it's 4 years, not 4 days... even W11 will be "obsolete" by then, screenshot this comment and reach me in 4 years.

And anyone who knows how Microsoft decommissioning an OS goes, knows that in 4 years the headline will be 'Microsoft extends Windows 10 support another 2 years'.  ...And two years later they'll add another year...