Whats your dream car.

Debenzor
1 minute ago, rickeo said:

A loaded Range Rover SVAutobiography

woah those Range Rovers look sexy ngl

Who dont want this beaut?

2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA / GTAm: 540 HP, 220 LB Lighter, Totally Gorgeous

(Yes im aware its a ferrari chrysler with a "fartcan" manifold, but its sexy regardless)

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Just now, SorryClaire said:

(Yes im aware its a ferrari chrysler with a "fartcan" manifold, but its sexy regardless)

is it just me or does the front grille look weird?

I have no dream car, such a thing doesn't exist. All the cars that exist have all sorts of things about them that I don't like or approve of, and I have seen zero indication of anyone ever manufacturing something that I could call my dream car.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

I have no dream car, such a thing doesn't exist. All the cars that exist have all sorts of things about them that I don't like or approve of, and I have seen zero indication of anyone ever manufacturing something that I could call my dream car.

you've never seen a car and said "I wish I had that"?

4 minutes ago, Debenzor said:

you've never seen a car and said "I wish I had that"?

That'd apply to practically every car that's in better shape than mine. Doesn't mean they're my dream cars.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Ferrari F40 for me.

spacer.png

PC #1 : Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI | i7-7700 | Cryorig C7 Cu | 32GB DDR4-2400 | LSI SAS 9211-8i | 240GB NVMe M.2 PCIe PNY CS2030 | SSD&HDDs 59.5TB total | Quantum LTO5 HH SAS drive | GC-Alpine Ridge | Corsair HX750i | Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 60 Hz (plugged HDMI port, shared with PC #2) | Win10
PC #2 : Gigabyte MW70-3S0 | 2x E5-2689 v4 | 2x Intel BXSTS200C | 32GB DDR4-2400 ECC Reg | MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X | 2x 1TB SSD SATA Samsung 870 EVO | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li PC-A77 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 2560x1440 @ 144 Hz (plugged DP port, shared with PC #1) | Win10
PC #3 : Mini PC Zotac 4K | Celeron N3150 | 8GB DDR3L 1600 | 250GB M.2 SATA WD Blue | Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB | Samsung Blu-ray writer USB | Genius SP-HF1800A | TV Panasonic TX-40DX600E UltraHD | Win10
PC #4 : ASUS P2B-F | PIII 500MHz | 512MB SDR 100 | Leadtek WinFast GeForce 256 SDR 32MB | 2x Guillemot Maxi Gamer 3D² 8MB in SLI | Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 ISA | 80GB HDD UATA | Fortron/Source FSP235-60GI | Zalman R1 | DELL E151FP 15" TFT 1024x768 | Win98SE

Laptop : Lenovo ThinkPad T460p | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 2133 | GeForce 940MX | 240GB SSD PNY CS900 | 14" IPS 1920x1080 | Win11

PC tablet : Fujitsu Point 1600 | PMMX 166MHz | 160MB EDO | 20GB HDD UATA | external floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 800x600 touchscreen | AGFA SnapScan 1212u blue | Win98SE

Laptop collection #1 : IBM ThinkPad 340CSE | 486SLC2 66MHz | 12MB RAM | 360MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" DSTN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

Laptop collection #2 : IBM ThinkPad 380E | PMMX 150MHz | 80MB EDO | NeoMagic MagicGraph128XD | 2.1GB IDE | internal floppy drive | internal CD-ROM drive | Intel PRO/100 Mobile PCMCIA | 12.1" FRSTN 800x600 16-bit color | Win98

Laptop collection #3 : Toshiba T2130CS | 486DX4 75MHz | 32MB EDO | 520MB IDE | internal floppy drive | 10.4" STN 640x480 256 color | Win3.1 with MS-DOS 6.22

And 6 others computers (Intel Compute Stick x5-Z8330, Giada Slim N10 WinXP, 2 Apple classic and 2 PC pocket WinCE)

A properly designed, ubiquitous, well-coordinated and low-cost public transport system such that I can live without having to use a vehicle and still have freedom to travel to a wide range of destinations.

Currently, my local public transport fails on all of those counts:

• Properly designed and well-coordinated - nope, the buses are run by a mess of separate companies and they don't coordinate with each other at all
  • Ubiquitous - nope, half the time where I want to go is nowhere near a bus stop
  • Low-cost - nope, all of those separate companies set their own ticketing rules and prices and it's quite expensive

Oh well, I can dream...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

25 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

A properly designed, ubiquitous, well-coordinated and low-cost public transport system such that I can live without having to use a vehicle and still have freedom to travel to a wide range of destinations.

Travel watchdog says decline in London bus speeds must be reversed -  OnLondon

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

7 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Travel watchdog says decline in London bus speeds must be reversed -  OnLondon

Unfortunately, that photo is of a London bus, and not every Brit lives in London.

For some reason in Britain, London has an efficient, public, centralised bus/metro system, while most of the rest of the country absolutely doesn't. Just one of many things wrong with transportation in this country, but that's beyond the scope of this thread and even this forum.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

33 minutes ago, X-System said:

Ferrari F40 for me.

spacer.png

Me too. Childhood hero car. When you see them in the metal kevlar composite they are so small, yet look so fast, even parked up.

Of the new stuff, a RWD Huracán, in purple

1 minute ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Unfortunately, that photo is of a London bus, and not every Brit lives in London.

For some reason in Britain, London has an efficient, public, centralised bus/metro system, while most of the rest of the country absolutely doesn't. Just one of many things wrong with transportation in this country, but that's beyond the scope of this thread and even this forum.

London public transport is state owned, all under one organization, TFL. Elsewhere, the public transport is privately owned, trains and buses being different companies unwilling or unable to cooperate, and neither being obliged to listen to local politicians. That and London gets most of the investment.      

I always wanted a Lotus Elise, so I bought one and daily'd it for 2 years and 60k miles.

Best car I ever owned, so easy to handle in the snow, pretty fast point to point and went around roundabouts at 60mph like most cars go around at 30. I sold it for 2k more than I paid for it which is why I encourage everyone to just buy one.

If you can afford to service a Toyota corolla you can afford to service an Elise. 

35 minutes ago, FlappyBoobs said:

I always wanted a Lotus Elise, so I bought one and daily'd it for 2 years and 60k miles.

Best car I ever owned, so easy to handle in the snow, pretty fast point to point and went around roundabouts at 60mph like most cars go around at 30. I sold it for 2k more than I paid for it which is why I encourage everyone to just buy one.

If you can afford to service a Toyota corolla you can afford to service an Elise. 

that car is like a million dollars lmao

6 minutes ago, Debenzor said:

that car is like a million dollars lmao

A Lotus Elise? A 2021 loaded up is like $110k. Though you don't need a brand new one to enjoy what an Elise can do.

1990_bmw_m3_156286856887250d1a0e44c7e9P1040601.webp

2 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

I like those but just the normal Giulia Quadrifoglio. As for my dream car, I would like a 1990 BMW M3 in white, with the M-Sport racing stripes 😄

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

I cant pin down a single car as a 'dream' car.

I could list a 5 car garage, a 10 car garage etc .. but not a single one.

Now a realistic, i could buy one now if it were available car.

Toyota 1984-6 AE86 Panda Trueno.

Been after one for years, but finding one in good original condition for the right price with current currency exchange rates is impossible.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Honestly, what I have now might not be" dream car" material, but I have a really hard time finding faults with it. My 2012 Volvo C30 has enough space for me, is comfortable enough, drives pretty well, doesn't rust very easily, is reliable, is cheap to fuel and fix, looks pretty decent and has quirky design features that don't compromise ergonomics too badly (I really like how the tailgate is one piece of glass, for example), has some aftermarket parts, doesn't attract attention (from the police, or the public), the stock stereo is decent , etc. etc.

The little details Volvo has put into the car is quite nice too, like how you can take out the whole headlight assembly with a single pin, so you don't have to squeeze your hands into the engine bay to change a bulb, or how despite being a normal car, there's a visible ammount of negative camber from factory which translates to a surprising ammount of high-er speed cornering grip (can't remember the front spec, but the rear is -2.4).

This doesn't mean I don't lust after other cars, I do a lot. I'm planning on adding a 1st gen Lexus GS300 soon enough, though sourcing one that isn't broken is a bit hard. And something sporty as well, maybe a Vauxhall VX220 (2nd gen Lotus Elise, but with a GM engine).

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

Ahem my answer has changed. Hellcat Minivan 😄 

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 11.53.48 AM.png

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!