Whats your dream car.

Debenzor

Toyota RAV4 or Skoda Kodiaq,nice looking,pleanty of room for me and the kids.

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

This may interest you...

https://mortarinvestments.eu/

That is cool, now are they road legal? 

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

Just now, XGoodGuyFitz said:

That is cool, now are they road legal? 

Sort of depends on the part of the world you are in. Here where I am, I looked into getting a BTR-60

https://mortarinvestments.eu/catalog/item/btr-60

Turns out, it *just* fits on the road (DMV has a special class for "oversized vehicles" like 18-wheelers and whatnot) and with a CDL, I could drive it around. I even found an insurance company willing to insure it.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sort of depends on the part of the world you are in. Here where I am, I looked into getting a BTR-60

https://mortarinvestments.eu/catalog/item/btr-60

Turns out, it *just* fits on the road (DMV has a special class for "oversized vehicles" like 18-wheelers and whatnot) and with a CDL, I could drive it around. I even found an insurance company willing to insure it.

When you get that post a review of it XD

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

Just now, XGoodGuyFitz said:

When you get that post a review of it XD

Heh, can do.

My thought was rent it out for Prom night. I mean every kid drives to their prom in a limo, how many get to go in a Soviet APC?

It'll hold 14 passengers...call it 12 with some big screen TVs and an xbox.

Could be fun!

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Heh, can do.

My thought was rent it out for Prom night. I mean every kid drives to their prom in a limo, how many get to go in a Soviet APC?

It'll hold 14 passengers...call it 12 with some big screen TVs and an xbox.

Could be fun!

That sounds like the most fun id ever have. Playing xbox with the bois on prom while in a soviet apc 

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

My dream car is either a hatchback car or something that drives itself

Currently I own a Perodua Myvi and I think it's a great car

Small size to fit anywhere in the city, makes parking easier

Enough horsepower to travel between states comfortably around 80mph, acceleration is good enough to get into the fast lane without any trouble

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I have always been a 911 fan, so my dream is a 992 Carrera S. But when the GTS comes out, that will probably take the cake for me. Something I can occasionally take out, but also enjoy simply staring at it in the garage.

2020-porsche-911-1.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Something I've never been able to describe myself as is a "car-person", I'm generally not that into cars.

Over the last couple years, I did grow to really like the Dirt games, in particularly Dirt 3 and Dirt Rally 2.0

From Dirt 3 - the game I played the most out of these two - I really liked driving with the Citroën C4 WRC, so much so that I would say the Citroën C4 from around 2010-2012 would probably be my 'dream car' in the sense that I'd like to own one, some day.

Maybe that's a bit tame for a 'dream car', but that would be my pick.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

When you say dream car, I think dream car like where money is no object and you don't have to worry about maintenance. As such, I dream big.

So can there really be any other choice?

The McLaren F1

mclaren_f1_doors_open.jpg

To me a dream car is something that is likely not obtainable in your life time. I don't think I'll ever be able to afford one of these. Things like a 911 or R32 Skyline, those are obtainable. Cars I think I'll be able to afford one day when I get things squared away more in my life. Based on my future plans, they are definitely in the cards.

But I see people call cars dream cars that aren't really that expensive, unless they plan to work at Taco Bell all their lives.

1 minute ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

When you say dream car, I think dream car like where money is no object and you don't have to worry about maintenance. As such, I dream big.

So can there really be any other choice?

The McLaren F1

To me a dream car is something that is likely not obtainable in your life time. I don't think I'll ever be able to afford one of these. Things like a 911 or R32 Skyline, those are obtainable. Cars I think I'll be able to afford one day when I get things squared away more in my life. Based on my future plans, they are definitely in the cards.

But I see people call cars dream cars that aren't really that expensive, unless they plan to work at Taco Bell all their lives.

If we're just talking about what vehicle you'd want to own, however expensive or impractical, then I want one of these. 

Not to pay to travel on - to actually own. There's so much space, and I don't have exact acceleration figures but they are very quick off the mark

https://www.alexander-dennis.com/products/single-deck-buses/byd-adl-enviro200ev/

Expand spoiler for image

Spoiler

27948637649_d892e3013e_k.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

4 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

If we're just talking about what vehicle you'd want to own, however expensive or impractical, then I want one of these. 

Not to pay to travel on - to actually own. There's so much space, and I don't have exact acceleration figures but they are very quick off the mark

https://www.alexander-dennis.com/products/single-deck-buses/byd-adl-enviro200ev/

Expand spoiler for image

Hide contents

This is big brain, you could set that thing up with a HUGE gaming setup and game on the go with the bois 

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

18 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Expand spoiler for image

Reveal hidden contents

Haha, that would be awesome to convert into a party/gaming bus.

1 hour ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Haha, that would be awesome to convert into a party/gaming bus.

I actually know some people who are working on turning an articulated Mercedes bus into a mobile gaming studio, and it looks like a pretty fun project! There's naturally a lot more room inside too.

My obtainable dream car would be the MK3 Supra. I'm currently searching for one but finding a decent one for a good price isn't that easy.

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

4 hours ago, GrayTech said:

My obtainable dream car would be the MK3 Supra. I'm currently searching for one but finding a decent one for a good price isn't that easy.

My grandfather owns a MK3 Twin Turbo White edition(i think white edition)

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

Something I'd actually daily drive? Either an Aston Martin DB9 or a Mercedes G-Wagon

But something I really want in my (future) garage? Nissan Skyline GT-R34 and/or a Lamborghini Diablo SV.

It would be 4 cars if thats ok? I would love a Lambroghini Diablo SV, A Honda Civic TYPE R "Spoon" Edition (It goes up to 11,000RPM), and a BMW 850CSI. A very Unlikely one would be the Ford GT90, my favorite looking car that got the futuristic look still on it.

My dream vehicle is an old manual truck that I rescue from a junkyard. I don't care if it's not the most reliable thing or the best value, I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of building it up.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

Dream car: some high end 02 themed lambo. i did some sketches of it ages ago that ill post when i get home.

Realistic: any tesla.

Yes im generic, but im not really a car person.

Main PC: the literature club machine

Intel I5 9600k @ 4.2 Ghz | MSI z390-a pro | G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000Mhz | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB | Seagate barracuda 3.5" 2.5tb  | Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC | Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition

Daily drivers

OPPO A52 | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder V2 Pro | Beryodynamic DT 990 PRO | Focusrite Scarlett solo gen 2

Feature Flick: 2014 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Edition 507 Wagon

W204 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Edition 502 Wagon. Love this generation of C Class (and AMGs for that matter) and always will. Current AMG cars don't live up to the reputation of an AMG in my opinion. When the C43 AMG came out and it was essentially a slightly tuned C450... that's when you knew Mercedes was just trying to go mass market with the AMG brand. 

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2014-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-edition-507-wagon-ignition-video/

I honestly would be happy to drive a standard W204 just because I love the styling that much. But having that volcanic furry available from the M156 engine is the cherry on top. 

But unfortunately... it looks like it'll just be a CX-30 or something in the future for me, which is still a good looking car. Especially in Soul Red Crystal. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

21 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

My other interest would be a really clean W123 Mercedes turbodiesel. I tried buying one years ago but couldn't ever get one in the condition I was looking for at a reasonable price (because I'm cheap, haha). Very smooth driving, excellent styling, and aside from a few small idiosyncrasies that I've fixed on them before they are extremely reliable.

Those were the best cars ever made. Even in 2021 they are a much better than most of the new cars as far as quality, feel and reliability goes, that is because those old Mercedes cars were designed with careful thinking and passion.

The balance of road feel and comfort on those cars were perfect, the feel of transmission shifts were firm (with a clunk sometimes, but a good clunk) and the feel that it was working. The tires were mounted on 14 in wheels and had a taller sidewall, which meant a much more comfortable ride than the modern cars with the lower profile tires. The seats were soft and squishy, but still held you in place well. The sound of the doors being closed was a solid THUD, like the door closing on a nice big safe.

I can keep going but I must stop, just one more thing from a non-diesel owner, no regrets.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

15 hours ago, XGoodGuyFitz said:

My grandfather owns a MK3 Twin Turbo White edition(i think white edition)

That's cool! I would really like to get a 2.5TT one but Germany only got the 3.0 and 3.0T which is worst even though it hase more displacement. And doing an engine swap with all the rules about car modifications is just way too expensive.

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

must admit i am a retro guy, and to be honest a retro guy that would like something that could be used as a daily driver..

i love the ELECTRIC GTV.

or a Singer 911 or perhaps the P1800 Cyan, but the GTV with a slightly tuned 5 cylinder from volvo would be a nice daily driver.

but to be honest with me the importance was a "reasonable" engine, the P1800 with a racecar engine, nope, a singer with the 3xx hp. there was once a Pagode Mercedes, with the AMG63 driveline made by mechatronik that was also SO nice.

alfa.JPG

cyan.JPG

porsche.JPG