Whats your dream car.

Debenzor

Tesla Roadster.

I mean, it's 2021... arguably, your dream cars should only be EVs. It's not just that they're kinder to the planet, it's that they're often quicker off the line than combustion engine cars (and in the Roadster's case should hold that edge over time). I'm not keen on spewing gobs of CO2 just to hear loud vroom-vroom noises.

2 minutes ago, Commodus said:

I'm not keen on spewing gobs of CO2 just to hear loud vroom-vroom noises.

Agreed.

Imagine you live in an apartment block. If the noises produced by your vehicle are louder than you'd be comfortable with your neighbours playing music, it's too loud.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Granted, I'd immediately ruin it by replacing all the non-comtech 80s parts with late model 90s parts and going ham on engine mods but 1/50

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

8 minutes ago, Velcade said:

1987 Buick GNX

1987-buick-grand-national-regal-gnx.jpg

When your 1989 Mercury Cougar Xr7 beats a GNX... it really took the polish off that dream 😞

Up to that point though, the GNX was hands down in my top 3.  Fantastic car.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

3 hours ago, Debenzor said:

that car is like a million dollars lmao

Nope, I had a 2002 S2 (the first edition of the S2) and it was £12k when I bought it used. That's what my friend paid for their new Renault clio at the time, to give you an idea of equivalents.

Don't buy new cars, buy them used and have some fun! 

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

The ford supervan 3 is pretty cool too, that also had a Cosworth F1 engine

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

A funny story for all you dream car lovers

I had a client with a (then) brand new Porsche Carrera GT in shiny silver.

Had it about a year when I I met him.

Total miles on it?

About 3.

He couldn't drive a manual transmission

He could afford the car, but was terrified to drive it.

Had it delivered in his garage and there it sat. He washed and waxed it weekly.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Since I think that the best car is the car you can use the most (aka daily driver), I want RS3 8V 3dr hatch with manual and the ability to send all torque to the rear axis in a 'selected' mode (like on the latest ones). Unfortunately this car doesn't exist ;( Hmm, maybe Carrera 4S, but with usable rear seats and trunk... well may be with the EV version... hopefully they will find a way to make it fun, I wonder if there is gonna be any "manual" solutions for ppl with the same preferences...

Dodge Viper. Uncle had a model of the 2nd generation GTS in blue with white stripes.

https://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/1997_dodge_viper_1542038805f98764da201807-231631d4f3e44e39b58c734a07377d3d.jpg?fit=1620%2C1080

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Dodge Viper. Uncle had a model of the 2nd generation GTS in blue with white stripes.

Why is it the uncle that has the cool cars.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 minute ago, sub68 said:

Why is it the uncle that has the cool cars.

Just a model though. Sat on top of his TV.

I wish it was real.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

So far as an ICE car goes, I already have it: a honda civic. Just got it actually, a used 2017 LX model. Something small, reliable, economical, fuel efficient, etc. I'm pretty easy to please that way.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

Either an '03/'04 Ford Mustang Cobra or a '98 Toyota Supra

Spoiler

99-04 Black Mustang Picture Request! | Black mustang, 2004 ford mustang,  Mustang cobra

1998 Toyota Supra Turbo 6-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $66,388  on December 10, 2018 (Lot #14,702) | Bring a Trailer

7 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

A funny story for all you dream car lovers

I had a client with a (then) brand new Porsche Carrera GT in shiny silver.

Had it about a year when I I met him.

Total miles on it?

About 3.

He couldn't drive a manual transmission

He could afford the car, but was terrified to drive it.

Had it delivered in his garage and there it sat. He washed and waxed it weekly.

-Insert Ferris Bueller reference-

Hard for me to pin down just one.

I've always wanted a '69 mustang, like this one here:

Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Wikipedia

Lately I've also been looking at M151 MUTT's. They're basically the last iteration of the "Wily's Jeep" style vehicles, and they were replaced by the Humvee. That's also something that I want, come to think of it:

M151 ¼-ton 4×4 utility truck - Wikipedia

And, of course, the M113 APC, can't forget that, even though I will likely never even get the chance to purchase one:

The Dragoon 2 Is Like The M113 APC On Wheels! | 21st Century Asian Arms Race

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

It comes down to two:

I really want a Grand Wagoneer again, it was my first car and I regret letting go of it when my burgeoning mechanic skills were not quite enough to keep it on the road. If I got into another one the old AMC 360/TF727 drivetrain would come out and a more modern drivetrain would go in, because the 8mpg I got was only marginally acceptable then because gas was $0.89 a gallon. Even a basic 5.3L LS-based truck motor and 4L60E would be considerably better.

This was my actual car

Wagoneer.thumb.jpg.54abb83d7a0bb97786552f6c378b03f9.jpg

My other interest would be a really clean W123 Mercedes turbodiesel. I tried buying one years ago but couldn't ever get one in the condition I was looking for at a reasonable price (because I'm cheap, haha). Very smooth driving, excellent styling, and aside from a few small idiosyncrasies that I've fixed on them before they are extremely reliable. 

Mercedes-Benz W123.jpg

If I were 20 again I guess a Ferrari 355 or a Corvette would be what I'd want, but buying a GSX-R 1000 is pretty easy and attainable, so fast is relatively cheap.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

A car that is reasonable where i live - Alfa Romeo Giulia 

Damn im in love with sedan xd

One that is low tax, low environmental impact, cheap to run and safe

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Call me basic, but i want a tesla model x. Not to be able to brag about it or whatever. I actually.. like how it looks? Might be one of the first. Also acceleration go vrrm

Mine was the Audi TT 2nd gen. Then 3 years ago i bought a 2008 TTS and was extremely happy with it (for a short time). The transmission died twice in one year, which luckily was covered by the seller because of the warranty. But because of these repairs it was more often in the workshop than with me driving around. Seeing how lucky i was with this car i resold it after my 1 year warranty was over before anything else breaks and another several thousand € repairs comes up.  That was really frustrating as i was so happy to own the car i wanted since being a kid, but it didn't work out at all. Also lost 4000€ in resale value compared to what i paid when i sold it because of it's recent repair history.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I'd love a bugatti of any kind, and I'd also love a nice motorcycle (idk what one yet) . A miata would be friggin lit too

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

17 hours ago, Commodus said:

Tesla Roadster.

I mean, it's 2021... arguably, your dream cars should only be EVs. It's not just that they're kinder to the planet, it's that they're often quicker off the line than combustion engine cars (and in the Roadster's case should hold that edge over time). I'm not keen on spewing gobs of CO2 just to hear loud vroom-vroom noises.

I agree, although I'd have to see superchargers as common as gas stations though due  to a distinct lack of them in my area

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

when toyota comes out with a fully EV then probably that