Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Very much depends on the game.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

(Just an idea for after quarantiene)

what about making a video with linus being asked about teck thingies  by ltt employes ??

Linus seems to me to be a jack of all trades master of none within the PC realm, and intelligently surrounds himself with people versed heavily in those  niche areas.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

No, he doesn't know everything. But he knows quite a bit.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

On 5/1/2020 at 4:45 PM, ken2028 said:

Hi,

With the epidemic going on many people try to take advantage of others. Everyone is trying new ways to protect our homes for our families. Many of us are burnt out from stress and or sick from the epidemic plague. Please, I know you're the man that can separate the truth and fact from the online scammers. Many of them are selling germicidal UVC LED lights. From UVC LED E27 to different model portable UVC led hand wands. Please if you can help us know if these ebay & amazon products are in fact real or fake UVC LED sterilizers..

youtub.jpg

dependig if it is real uv led or just  bleu led cheap light

Can Alex be sent to another sciency place and have that explained to us. The 6000 cpu for science video was really interesting, would love more content along those lines.

Many people can't buy such expensive pc. So can you guys try to make a budget gaming pc worth 300 - 400$ or somewhere near this budget. That would be greatly appreciated.

8 minutes ago, thatboi01310 said:

Many people can't buy such expensive pc. So can you guys try to make a budget gaming pc worth 300 - €369.18 or somewhere near this budget. That would be greatly appreciated.

only for the tower you will go with a APU

i have a limited budjet of 500 euro and i have seen many reviews on limited-bujet and 500 is the sweetspot.

if you can afort a 500 tower you will be able to play everything in a good quality.

16 minutes ago, thatboi01310 said:

Many people can't buy such expensive pc. So can you guys try to make a budget gaming pc worth 300 - €369.18 or somewhere near this budget. That would be greatly appreciated.

let me search  a little...........bit

I´d like to see a comparison of private cloud storage solutions and their pros and cons such as the Westen Digital My Cloud Home, Synology, Asustor and others. I think some of them have really great features, but right now I believe there is no solution that stands out amongst those available that offers an experience without running into any problems.

1 hour ago, thatboi01310 said:

Many people can't buy such expensive pc. So can you guys try to make a budget gaming pc worth 300 - 400$ or somewhere near this budget. That would be greatly appreciated.

They've got many 300-600$ build videos, they even made one like 1-2 weeks ago

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

You could do a fella a solid and do a video for this..

I would love to see a collaboration between Bitwit's Lyle character and Dennis from LMG. I think they could be a very funny pair to match up.

I imagen it could be an introduction to the ryzen 4000 launch, where Lyle and Dennis will steal Anthony's benchmark results or kidnap Anthony himself.

One way this could be done would be Yvonne making a call to Lyle and Dennis to set the plan in motion, which would lead into some intends action sceens like mission impossible with dramatic music while they them make there way to LMG's building and Anthony.. Might even have them hide from a bypassing camera-drone.. In the end, linus could come in and someone they someone could come in and chase them off and rescue Anthony or recover the benchmarks.

I hope you will consider this proposal and come up with something better, so Lyle and Dennis have a chance to shine together someday =)

This might be a shot in the dark, but I had to see this so all of you have to see it as well.
I haven't been watching this channel for very long, but I would love to see a roundup of the most hideous, unnecessary gear they try to peddle to "gamers".
So without further ado, I challenge you to find something that tops this monstrosity of a keyboard on the ugliness index.

Edit: To me, it looks like they held some sort of design your own keyboard contest with a bunch of children, then instead of choosing 1 design they combined them all.

Capture1.PNG

Love to see tech applied to vegetable gardening. I remember seeing an open source automated gardening thing at Red Hat conference a few years ago, thinking it was this:

https://farm.bot/

What do you think @linus?

Video Idea:

$h!t Manufacturers Say: EVGA Power Boost improves PCIe stability for overclocking

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-MB-PB01-BR

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

How about: Help Team LTT crush those Dutch Power Cows and fight COVID19!

A shameless plug to get the community running Rosetta@Home on BOINC and help team LTT in the 2020 BOINC Pentathlon.

There are quite a few teams out there with people with access to large systems. It would be interesting to see what the enthusiast community can bring to the table.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

I just had a thought of what might make an entertaining test.  It’s kinda dumb, but it has the advantage it being doable using stuff from previous episodes, so without having to buy or be shipped anything.  

requirements:

-1 high power rig (specifics unimportant)

-1 low power rig (specifics unimportant

-a random bunch of PSUs of various wattages and efficiency ratings.

-a wall voltage draw meter.

its pretty simple: one test of each PSU in each rig at idle and load via the watt meter.

Does a 1000w platinum use more power than a 400w plus bronze at idle on a small machine?  How much extra if any would the electricity cost?

it would be handy.   It would allow people to MIB max their rigs, and it wouldnt really cost much to do.  A “rainy day” project maybe.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I would like to have a review done of the Samsung Galaxy Buds+ (or Plus idk). On Short Circuit or the main channel. I had a friend recommend them to me but I have no other information on it other than that. All the credible tech Youtubers I watch (i.e. LinusTechTips and MKBHD) seem to have avoided the updated Samsung earbuds. In his recent video about the new Google buds, MKBHD mentioned that the new Galaxy buds were in his top 3 favorite earbuds, yet, he has no video on them. Is there just not enough interest in the product to warrant making a video on them? I'm just speculating.

DO anyone has time to read this?.. if yes then sit back and read 👇👇👇

.....................................................................................................................

While Eating Indian dish i Got AN idea -- 3d printed GPU  cooler but unfortunately

i found that 3d printed materials have low melting point. Do u Techy Guys find any interesting in that??

5 hours ago, Ananthu14661 said:

DO anyone has time to read this?.. if yes then sit back and read 👇👇👇

.....................................................................................................................

While Eating Indian dish i Got AN idea -- 3d printed GPU  cooler but unfortunately

i found that 3d printed materials have low melting point. Do u Techy Guys find any interesting in that??

I did have time.  I still feel cheated.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

do a Michael reeves collab making laser turrents with ai to shoot wasp but not bees to protect the hive. invasive wasp species  is killing bees and everyone likes honey right? michael has made laser turrents before and learning and tracking swarms but hes young and low budget and a collab with you guys could get this inside a actual bee farm and giant wasp to test it on and its a good cause and extremely entertaining. what more can you ask for? and hey now alex can justify all those expensive machines machine robot laser turrets 

in the age of corna you dont even have to fly him out just do some teams calls and alex can throw it together with a bit of consultation, and the live wasp show up int he mail and you let them loose with the turret to slay them in a confined space with a beekeeper uniform on(find a local) and ocne you get ti working and test it out on a few bees to see that it doesnt kill them, take it out to the farm and test it and throw the instructions and software on github. 

save the bees!

sounds like fun @AlexTheGreatish ?