Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter
On 4/24/2020 at 5:14 PM, Bitter said:

Why even use MS Word when there's Libre Office and MS has supported ODT for a while now? Libre does the same things but free.

@LinusTech @CPotter @Slick Compare common document programe such as MS Word/ Google Docs/ Libre Office etc to see what word doc/office program is best.

• My system specs
  • View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition, No PSU, XL-ATX, Black, Full Tower Case
  • ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, E-ATX Motherboard
  • Core™ i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 - 5.0GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor
  • GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING, 1350 - 1665MHz, 11GB GDDR6, Graphics Card
  • ROG RYUJIN 360, 360mm Radiator, Liquid Cooling System
  • 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
  • AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W, Fanless Mode, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply
  • Formula 7, 4g, 8.3 (W/m-K), Nano Diamond, Thermal Compound
  • On AIO cooler 6 x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 120x120x25mm 4Pin Fibre-glass SSO2 Heptaperf Retail
  • 6 x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM, 158.5 CFM, 41.3 dBA, Cooling Fan
  • 1TB 970 PRO 2280, 3500 / 2700 MB/s, V-NAND 2-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
  • Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset
  • ROG PG279Q
  • Corsair K95 Platinum XT
  • ROG Sica

I was thinking could you try comparing the i7 4790k vs new processors in benchmarks to see if that old beast can really pack a punch in 2020 for gaming, there seems to be loads of people wanting Z97 borads and 4770k/4790k's now.

A new keyboard build, this time consulting people in the forums for a part list.

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

Budget all AMD build $1200 USD budget or something around that please!

Please help me out and donate to my go fund me to help get parts for a gaming pc. Any amount is useful. Thanks! (dm for link)

1 hour ago, NZgamer said:

Isn't this for that money Trump gave you all? Plenty of youtubers have already done this video

but if linus did it 

Please help me out and donate to my go fund me to help get parts for a gaming pc. Any amount is useful. Thanks! (dm for link)

Dear Linus, is it possible to make video about Google new QUIC protocol, is it safe, its working great, and it can easly be the future protocol layered on UDP , but i have read that firewalls dont filter QUIC protocol?

Thank you

https://techcrunch.com/2015/04/18/google-wants-to-speed-up-the-web-with-its-quic-protocol/

Old post, but it started back then.

There are new articles and youtube videos.

Edited by MarkCRO

MotherBoard: ASUS Prime Z390M-PLUS

Processor:      Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor @ 3.6 ghz ( OC @ 5.0 GHZ )

GPU:              Palit Nvidia RTX 3090 Pro

RAM:              CORSAIR Vengeance LPX Black 16Gb 2666 mhz

Cooling:          Water Cooling NZXT Kraken X42

PSU:               BE QUIET! Power Zone 1000W

Case:             Lian Lee Lancool II

CaseCooling: Corsair LL120 Pro

Monitor:          ALIENWARE AW3418DW 3440X1440 120 hz

Keyboard:       Logitech PRO keyboard
Mouse:            Logitech PRO mouse
Sound:            Logitech G935

On 3/20/2019 at 4:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

The Ultimate gaming setup with wait for it, A RASBERRY PI. 

Can you guys do a video comparing PCI-e wireless adapters and USB ones? (Like the TP-Link Archer T3U and T4E for instance) I know the old USB 2.0 adapters sucked, but it's been a while since the USB 3.0 stuff has been on the market. Have they matured to be good or decent products?

A lot of the content on the channel is about NAS and storage solutions and with the "Jellyfish Fryer" you've gone all SSD. The availability of CPUs and boards with high numbers of PCIe lanes these days rises the question: When does LTT build the all-flash-all-NVMe/PCIe-Gen4 storage server? ASRock and ASUS do now have PCIe adapters for 4 M.2 NVMe SSDs that talk PCI 4.0 (https://www.asrock.com/mb/spec/product.asp?Model=HYPER%20QUAD%20M.2%20CARD#Overview, https://www.asus.com/Motherboard-Accessories/HYPER-M-2-X16-GEN-4-CARD/). What if one would take something like an ASRock ROMED8-2T board, put 6 of such PCIe gen 4 x16 M.2/NVME adapter cards into the first 6 PCIe expansion slots and load them up with 24 PCIe gen4 SSDs (something like https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Storage/M-2-SSDs/Force-Series%E2%84%A2-Gen-4-PCIe-NVMe-M-2-SSD/p/CSSD-F2000GBMP600) and run FreeNas or Unraid on the system? If that would work, that raid could probably saturate am Mellanox 200 Gbit ethernet adapter that goes into PCIe expansion slot number 7 on the board, even if you do a rational amount of parity drives. Would the Epyc CPU be able to handle this? If not, could NVMeoF be an option to make this work? Would the ZFS overhead be too much in such a powerful system? Are you coming up with more videos on All-flash-arrays?

@Stifab They've already made an all 24x PCIe4/NVMe server with EPYC, just with U.2 server parts instead of consumer m.2... 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

On 4/22/2020 at 5:28 PM, Pascal... said:

Yeah that's what I meant.

ah ok sorry lol

what if im normal and you arent?

Acoustic Foam Roundup and/or Acoustic Foam Mounting Roundup

5 hours ago, MrJaksha said:

Gaming laptop - Asus TUF A15

It's not exactly a full review but they did mention some things about this model in this video.

Hello, i have seen the 1-year airflow experiment video and thought to myself: well they could be running folding@home. So the video idea is:

2 month experiment: folding@home benchmark+airflow configuration

1 year airflow experiment video:

On 4/27/2020 at 10:06 PM, Kilrah said:

@Stifab They've already made an all 24x PCIe4/NVMe server with EPYC, just with U.2 server parts instead of consumer m.2... 

Yes but that one toped out at 30 GB/s read / 20 GB/s write, the system seemed to be limited by what the infinityfabric off the Epyc CPU could handle. Thats why I was asking weather using NVMeoF could be the key to get even better speeds, maybe saturate the networkadapter...

Huawei Mate Xs, along with sideloading Google apps

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

hey linus, I found this monitor that is a PERFECT square. this monitor is as wide vertically as it is horizontally, almost 4k as well

can you review this Japanese square monitor FlexScan EV2730Q by Eizo global that is almost 4k reviewed by Dutch tv online, wanted to know if you think it would be good with old games that are square and keep close to older square native resolutions they were designed for ie. Caesar 3, 

you could put it through a battery of older games (halo1, Caesar 3, Rome: Total War) and see if they can be scaled to 4k and not be stretched to widescreen 16:9 so they are close to looking natural...someone once said Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (HOMM3) a classic strategy would look great at 1920x1920 with a huge world view.

With a 1920 x 1920 resolution, this monitor is as wide vertically as it is horizontally. Now you can scroll less, see more, and work better.

Dutch tv Review...

Eizo EV2730Q vierkante monitor review - Hardware.Info TV (Dutch)

Square used to be the norm...

If you’re in your 30s or late 20s, you probably remember the old school CRT and LED displays that used to be square. Well, that aspect ratio is usually described as 4:3 or 5:4 and was one of the first-ever aspect ratios ever used. Actually, 5:4 came first, then with standardized computer monitors, 4:3 became the norm.

https://gamegavel.com/what-is-aspect-ratio/

I think linus should do a vid where he does a live virtual pc building competition with other PC youtubers(such as Bitwit and Austin Evans) where competitors could only use their non-dominant hand. Everyone would get the same parts, and points would be awarded for speed, build quality, cable management, and whether the system posts. 

My primary system: Core I7 10700k, 32 gb Trident Z RGB ram@3200mhz, EVGA GTX 970 SSC (will upgrade), NZXT N7 Z490 motherboard (Black), Samsung 970 Evo plus 1TB SSD, NZXT C850 PSU, Hyper 212 EVO cooler (getting new water cooler soon), NZXT H510i case. 

My secondary system: Core I7 4820k, 16 gb quad channel 1600mhz ram, GTX 780 reference, Asus PX79LE, SK Hynix GOLD s31 500gb SSD, some 10 yr old Cooler Master 750w psu, Hyper 212, old Cooler Master case.

Laptop: Lenovo l380 yoga I5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd storage)

Fan Controlling software! All speedfan tutorial videos around youtube are outdated for current hardware.

Hey Linus, I watch your videos whenever i have time and the contents are really good. Today one of my friend told me that nvidia cards performs better when paired with intel processors than amd processors. Furthermore he states that amd processor performs better with amd gpu. So will you please make a video on this mystery topic whether this is true or not. So I request you to make a video where you put up two systems one with nvidia+intel and the other one nvidia+amd and do some testing. Both system will have same configuration like ram frequency, same types of storage and speeds and same gpu but different cpu with identical specification. you know what I mean........So please make a video....

1 hour ago, avinash7540 said:

*snip*

Welcome to the forum.

Your thread was merged with the video suggestion thread.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I think that when quarantine is over you should collaborate with ijustine and do another mac and pc editing showdown and mac and pc where Linus uses mac and Justine uses the pc those videos were hilarious and great please do another of these.