Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Living in an apartment I wanted to see how you can make a home theater audio setup that doesn't disturb your neighbours. Apparently there's this device called Waves Maxxbass 101 & 102 which increase perceived bass without actually producing bass. I was wondering if you would make a video like "The home theater setup that doesn't disturb your neighbours" which tries to create a setup that doesn't disturb the neighbours. The conclusion could just be to wear headphones but it would be interesting to see what you can achieve.

A video idea for one of your Intel uprade sessions!

I currently have a good AMD system and the wife has a well so bad AMD system it isn't even used atm! Yet we live in the shadow of the UK Intel HQ. (https://g.co/kgs/prWachp)  We also have the UK Muesem of computing just around the corner. (https://www.museumofcomputing.org.uk/

Why not fly over have a tour around both have a laugh, play some games, after the intel tour do a Intel upgrades on her PC (yes a little selfserving but hey worth a try 😉 ) You could get a couple of other LTT does the UK videos whilst you're here!!

All the best.

Chris.

I found a suitably ODD variation on a 2080ti, it's a 22GB version for "AI" out of Japan for sale at 4070 Ti Super prices, it might make for interesting content if it can still game... Here's the link to the eBay listing I found, https://www.ebay.com/itm/145702414808?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=BIPY0CJkSzi&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=T_2nZU5fQF-&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY  .

I think many people including myself would love to see a review of the Nothing ear a and the regular Nothing ear, maybe an idea worth for short circuit.

I love love to see a video on this. It is something i did for my mother when she needed a new laptop, and i told her not to bother, and instead just got her a docking station for her phone so she could use a mouse keyboard and monitor on her android phone, and she loves it. 

After that i got a add for this https://nexdock.com/explore-nexdock/

A laptop form docking station for your phone, and i got one and i love it. I think it would make a good video, you could review it, and than you could do a ltt version with a portable monitor and keyboard and mouse with a usb c docking station, maybe even 3d print a holder for all of it so it closer to the nex. 

You guys should check out caseend.com. I was looking to see if I can find the trash can Mac pro case for a build and saw it posted on reddit. The images look nice but can't tell if it is legit or quality of wish/temu. 

https://caseend.com/

The trash can tyle has one called galaxy W2. 

Thanks, 

Hi, 

I suggest LMG conquers the LinkedLearning / Masterclasses / certification courses area. It would be the dot over the i. Getting nerds to teach both prosumers and/or professionals in specific topics. I would love it! 

Think about it. Getting poeple of the world to list "LMG Fiber optics CERTIFIED" in their CV. 

Thanks for many hours of fun!

On 4/24/2024 at 2:35 AM, Newbie0826 said:

All Open-Source PC. To see if you can survive with only free stuff (linux, firefox, libreoffice) and to recommend best open source software.

I'll second that.

Build the Cheapest Used CPU and GPU combo to achieve 1920p @ 60 fps.

Back in the day LTT would do build challenges with Paul's Hardware, Austin Evans, Bitwit Kyle and other tech tubers to build a cheap used PC with a tight budget and deadline.

TBH I am getting tired of people saying -

"You need an 19-14000K CPU or you are going to 'Bottleneck' your GPU".

Not everybody needs a brand new state of the art system.

The guy I was trying to help on L1 Techs forum had an i7-4690K. He wanted 1920p at 60 FPS. I suggested he get a RTX3060. I did mention that I had a similar system and have to use my M.2 SSD in a PCIe slot to get full gen 4 performance.

What older generation used CPU + used GPU combo is still viable in 2024?
Can you build a Xbox or Playstation equivalent for $400?

My system

MagicBox_Workstation-Jan-2024.jpg

Somewhat recently I've been at the Gdańsk University of Technology, in the "Immersive 3D Visualization Lab". To sum it up in one sentence - it's VR without a VR headset.

You could probably find one that's on the same continent as you, and I think it would make for an interesting video about VR/XR/AR etc.

https://eti.pg.edu.pl/en/lzwp-en

https://youtube.com/@I3DVL

Hello,

I'm Giovanni, I'm an e-sports caster, specifically I represent the Beat Saber community, being heavily involved in every major international tournament.

I reach out to you to ask if Linus would be interested in casting of one of our tournaments as a special guest!
Since I've been told he's a big fan of the game, he might enjoy taking a look at how the competitive Beat Saber community runs their competitions, which are managed entirely by a large community of volunteers.

It also has an interesting angle tech-wise, specifically with software. The stuff the Beat Saber community has built from the ground up to sustain the competitive environment is mind blowing.

I'd be very glad to discuss this further either on discord or via email, so do let me know if you're in any way interested.
Here are my contacts:

Discord: giovannipanda
Mail: giovasp96@gmail.com

7 hours ago, GioPanda said:

Hello,

I'm Giovanni, I'm an e-sports caster, specifically I represent the Beat Saber community, being heavily involved in every major international tournament.

I reach out to you to ask if Linus would be interested in casting of one of our tournaments as a special guest!
Since I've been told he's a big fan of the game, he might enjoy taking a look at how the competitive Beat Saber community runs their competitions, which are managed entirely by a large community of volunteers.

It also has an interesting angle tech-wise, specifically with software. The stuff the Beat Saber community has built from the ground up to sustain the competitive environment is mind blowing.

I'd be very glad to discuss this further either on discord or via email, so do let me know if you're in any way interested.
Here are my contacts:

Discord: giovannipanda
Mail: giovasp96@gmail.com

I would try to email the linustechtips email (info@linusmediagroup.com)

As for the contests, as an active Beat Saber player myself, how would you enter some of these competitions?

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

Hello!  About a month ago, I heard about a gpu that in the future might be open sourced. Its name is FuryGpu and it is claimed that it can run quake at 60fps. I was wondering if you guys would be willing to do a review of it. Here is the website to it: https://www.furygpu.com/  Thank you for your time.

Hello Linus and the rest of the team :)

I have been a long time follower. As your content is informitble, funny and easy to follow. 

I browsed your youtube history for NAS related videos. And found only one or two that are meant for home or small business. Latest was the cloud storage one and then the next one was 2 years ago where you did build up 100TB small PC based NAS.

And then you have some videos which are more for the big buck customers who drop 10k and just build me something. 

So I ask for you. Can you please make an updated one where you might talk more about what type and why SSD or HDD based solutions. I am sure that there are a lot more people who are interested about this to. And if you have time then you can make a NAS for a different budget . 1000, 2000 dollars. 

I know cases are rarely reviewed nowadays, but I think the mini-ITX case from teenage engineering is a really cool case to design in. 

2 hours ago, bob7d said:

I think this could be a banger of a vid if LMG goes through with this auction. Though they might need a new warehouse with a much bigger server room lol.
https://gsaauctions.gov/auctions/preview/282996
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2024/04/us-government-auctions-5-34-petaflop-cheyenne-supercomputer/

I second this. This would be AWESOME

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

2 hours ago, bob7d said:

I think this could be a banger of a vid if LMG goes through with this auction. Though they might need a new warehouse with a much bigger server room lol.
https://gsaauctions.gov/auctions/preview/282996
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2024/04/us-government-auctions-5-34-petaflop-cheyenne-supercomputer/

It would make a great thumbnail if nothing else 😉

On 4/28/2024 at 10:46 PM, Positron said:

Can you build a Xbox or Playstation equivalent for $400?

Didn't they make a video like this just 2 week ago?

Do a video about 360 degree camera systems for car from Amazon or other famous e-commerce platforms.

22 hours ago, GoStormPlays said:

I second this. This would be AWESOME

I also agree, in fact I sent them an email about it yesterday(May 1st) afternoon, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thought of LTT when hearing about the supercomputer. Since May 1st at about 1:30pm mst, there have been 2 more bidders and the reserve has been met finally, so it looks like they wanted to get at least $100k for it and so far they will.

image_2024-05-02_044544748.png

Collab between LTT Fashion team and The Style Theorists to design a full nerdy outfit. Maybe even limited edition headwear that isn't the existing hat.

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

I would love to see a video covering current and potential use cases for SMPTE ST 2110. It is a relatively new video over IP standard that is finding its way into broadcasters. Unlike most solutions there are no steps for compressing and decompressing the video stream which gets rid of any sort of compression artifacts as well as any associated latency. This is great for broadcasters and you guys may actually be able to use the tech in your setups. Blackmagic has an entire lineup of supporting devices. Now where could you be unique? I would love to see you game on it. But really. Latency is the worst thing when it comes to gaming and pretty much every gaming product out there is engineered to minimize it. There are solutions like Parsec, RDP, Steam game streaming etc that are great but since they have to encode/decode the video they inherently add latency. I think gaming using ST 2110 could be awesome and I would love to see how it looks.

If it works well, like I assume it will assuming that peripherals aren't an issue, I would love to see this standard make its way into actual gaming computers and gaming routers (I think the router may have to support the protocol which means that a "gaming" router may actually be more than a marketing gimmick). I am honestly tired of hearing that nobody actually needs gigabit internet and that the only time faster networks make sense is for large file transfers. What if the reason why people "don't need faster connections" is because the actual use case for faster connections isn't common yet? HDMI 2.1 has bandwidth of 48Gbps and Displayport is 80Gbps and yet your switches are 100Gbps capable. What if you could transmit a 4k120 or 4k240 stream and have low latency gaming anywhere in your network and still have enough bandwidth for a usb4 connection? I mean Linus has made dozens of videos of how he would like to have a centralized server for gaming and then just have endpoints around his house. This may be able to actually realize that anywhere you can get at least 10Gbps networking. A 1080p60 stream is only 3.2Gbps and you have almost gotten that on wifi 7. Yes wifi wouldn't be ideal but what could we get in the future with an actual use case? Will the centralized gaming server become a reality? Will game streaming become not just a viable option but a logical one as well? I would love it if you explored the option.