How do left handed gamers, game?

Tom09

Hi left handed gamers, I was just wondering where you put your keyboard and mouse when you game and what hand do you use on your mouse and keyboard.

here's video

but i guess osu is exception since we only really use 2 keys

buttttttt im also not surprised by anything anymore after i saw this

edit: i remembered that i have a left handed friend, but he games like right handed people so -shrug-

as in, mouse in right hand

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I'm not left-handed myself, but slightly ambidextrous and know some left-handed people.

Usually people either:

- Become right handed mouse users

- Use ambidextrous mice

- Use a right-handed mouse with their left hand

all with various levels of success.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 hours ago, Tom09 said:

Hi left handed gamers, I was just wondering where you put your keyboard and mouse when you game and what hand do you use on your mouse and keyboard.

Most just do it like right handed people 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

I learned to mouse with my right hand. It's just as well, I'd have a hard time using something other than WASD for keyboard input!

I'm left handed in every way but use a PC and a knife/fork the same as right handed people.

I've always wondered why left-handed gaming mice aren't a thing? Same guts in a mirror image case, how hard could it be? 

Right handed when using a mouse. 

Left handed when using trackpad. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

23 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

I've always wondered why left-handed gaming mice aren't a thing? Same guts in a mirror image case, how hard could it be? 

The mold cost doesn't justify the amount they'll sell, the per unit price will be much higher

That's what I assume

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Used to know someone in the CS scene that was left handed; they had mouse on the left and used the arrow keys, nav keys, R-CTRL/SHIFT and num pad area for their bindings. I'm sure other people have similar leanings, as well as what people have posted here.

7 hours ago, Commodus said:

I learned to mouse with my right hand. It's just as well, I'd have a hard time using something other than WASD for keyboard input!

Same, no idea how or why someone would otherwise. I'm not reconfiguring every pc I go and use. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Wife is a lefty but uses right hand mouse still

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Also you don't move to Europe to drive a stick if you're left handed, do you?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

On 3/20/2021 at 3:14 PM, Blue4130 said:

I am left handed and have become fairly ambidextrous. The sad reality is that it's a right handed world, so we learn to adapt. 

Majority Rules ; ) 

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

Im left handed in a right handers world.

Wait...

Its 2021

I can complain and demand to be heard about this!!!!

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Not lefthander anymore, trying to be ambidextrous in most stuff.

Used to play games with mouse in the left hand, but starting from 2000s the games began to be so right hand heavy - I mean most games had shortcut keys meant for right hand. Also the regular shortcuts like ctrl-c ctrl-v are for right handers left hand, so the right handed mouse is basically the only way for using computer.

Only sometimes using some click games with left hand mouse... not too many games that are decent and just for mouse.

I edit my posts more often than not

• 4 weeks later...

This image is not flipped horizontally.
IMG_20210415_200627.thumb.jpg.3a2fc565612339fdd20f5b5cf13e8e0b.jpg

This is the binding of one of my game, Dishonored 2.

20210330231953_1.jpg

The mouse I use is the Logitech G300S, which has an ambidextrous design because it doesn't have thumb keys as its macros, so all the buttons are accessible to me and I don't need to uncomfortably press them with my pinky or ring finger as I would have in a right-handed mouse with thumb keys.

IMG_20210415_202528.thumb.jpg.b1a8dd1504f54caf3f35ed079f330682.jpg

The extra macro keys compensates the fact that there are less 'ergonomically pressable' keys on the right side of the keyboard. The game already recognizes the 2 extra macros as mouse 4 and mouse 5, so I just bind the 4 others to seldom pressed keys such as \ or ` or = and then bind those keys to the in-game action.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

On 3/22/2021 at 10:12 PM, Tristerin said:

Im left handed in a right handers world.

Wait...

Its 2021

I can complain and demand to be heard about this!!!!

We comprises 5-15 percent of the population. Much much smaller minority have been given much much more attention by society than us. So I'll say we go for it my dude.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

On 3/20/2021 at 10:31 AM, Tom09 said:

by using ambidexrious mice

this is @Energycore playing osu

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Im ambidextrous. I can use a mouse in either hand. I tend to favour mouse in the right hand while gaming on my own rig out of habit but my step mum's rig is left handed mouse so i tend to use left handed mouse when im on her computer. It doesn't really make a difference to me. I can use a mouse in either hand equally.

i have a left handed friend, he uses a Lefthand Mouse and "Flips" the grafik.png.7c62a88746134fdd873133a37d1cd9cd.png Keyboard, he uses i think I J K L but i think a brand should make a flipped Keyboard.

1 hour ago, programmausfall said:

i have a left handed friend, he uses a Lefthand Mouse and "Flips" the grafik.png.7c62a88746134fdd873133a37d1cd9cd.png Keyboard, he uses i think I J K L but i think a brand should make a flipped Keyboard.

That's the binding I used but I changed to P L ; ' because it's more natural.

Main Rig :

Laptop :