why?

Go to solution Solved by SansVarnic,

In North America [The United States specifically] uses a combination of Imperial and Metric measurements . You may dislike the imperial system (and that is ok, I dont like the metric) but it is what it is and disliking a video because of this is not acting in a mature way. I, like many others, have learned to do conversions in our head. Its very simple. Centimeter to Inch is 2.54cm to 1inch. 

@christian franca this chart may help you to some degree. I hope you continue to enjoy LTT material.

Metric to Imperial Conversion chart
Convert       To            Multiply by:
Kilometers    Miles         0.62
Kilometers    Feet          3280.8
Meters        Feet          3.28
Centimeters   Inches        0.39
Millimeters   Inches        0.039
Liters        Quarts        1.057
Liters        Gallons       0.264
Milliliters   Cups          0.0042
Milliliters   Ounces        0.0338
Celsius       Fahrenheit    °C x 9/5 + 32 = °F
Kilogram      Tons          0.0011
Kilogram      Pounds        2.2046
Grams         Ounces        0.035
Grams         Pounds        0.002205
Milligrams    Ounces        0.000035

Imperial to Metric Conversion chart
Convert       To            Multiply by:
Fahrenheit    Celsius       (°F - 32) x 5/9 = °C
Inches        Meters        0.0254
Inches        Centimeters   2.54
Inches        Millimeters   25.40
Feet          Meters        0.30
Yards         Meters        0.91
Yards         Kilometers    0.00091
Miles         Kilometers    1.61
Ounces        Milliliters   29.57
Cups          Milliliters   236.6
Quarts        Liters        0.95
Gallons       Liters        3.785
Ounces        Milligrams    28350
Ounces        Grams         28.35
Pounds        Kilograms     0.454
Tons          Kilograms     907.18

Well...  they have the demographics data you know, and they realize they have a majority US audience and are hence making sure they understand the metrics.

5 minutes ago, christian franca said:

I'm sorry but until you change your measurement units my friends and I will dislike all your videos.

measurement units for what?

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

5 minutes ago, Dem1se said:

Well...  they have the demographics data you know, and they realize they have a majority US audience and are hence making sure they understand the metrics.

what about all other nations?

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

10 minutes ago, christian franca said:

I'm sorry but until you change your measurement units my friends and I will dislike all your videos.

and in which video?

also they frequently use metric units or at least say what the equivalent metric would be.

uni student // at war with Siemens software // wife haver

33 minutes ago, christian franca said:

I'm not sorry, but you and your buddies are being petty and childish.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Oh, ok.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 dislikes compared to millions of video views. Thats a lot of damage.

/s

Grow up and learn the rough conversions. I don't like the imperial units either, but I accept that a lot of the viewer base is in the US so I also as a minority in the viewer base will handle my dislike for the imperial system and just do the quick math by myself.

That the US is to stubborn to transition is another thing but...

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

idm imperial or metric

but i've seen some youtubers say a number without tacking what unit they're using, and that can be annoying. ("put the oven at 250 degrees" 250 degrees what? the angle of the knob or?)

if they do say what unit, it's literally 3 seconds to google if you're actually that interested in it.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Imagine not using kelvin, smh LTT

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Please be more specific. Canada uses metric system, but since US is major viewership, they often use weight units the way US people can understand them. In PCs most measurements are done in metric/Celsius anyway. Apart from screen sizes which are in diagonal inches.

So please show which video are we talking about.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

half of all the videosor more, but who cares, blakie already give me the answer.

40 minutes ago, christian franca said:

half of all the videosor more, but who cares, blakie already give me the answer.

If you want to give criticism to LMG, just saying you don't like measurement units they use without giving examples isn't helpful. Also, if you don't push your criticism, and bend when someone else pushes back with their opinion, you most definitely won't get anything changed. @19_blackie_73 isn't part of LMG and is providing their own, rather harsh, opinion. Are you gonna just take that and back away?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

57 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

If you want to give criticism to LMG, just saying you don't like measurement units they use without giving examples isn't helpful. Also, if you don't push your criticism, and bend when someone else pushes back with their opinion, you most definitely won't get anything changed. @19_blackie_73 isn't part of LMG and is providing their own, rather harsh, opinion. Are you gonna just take that and back away?

Sometimes I should point to my sarcasm sign and hold it up higher

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

1 minute ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

Sometimes I should point to my sarcasm sign and hold it up higher

The part I'm talking about is after the /s mark. Which for me implicates thats the more serious part of your post, and for me its still bit on harsher side. Not something we would see as attack or worth removing. Just harsh.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

Imagine not using kelvin, smh LTT

Yeah they really should hire me, shouldn't they?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Coming from Britain, we still use the old Imperial system, but have complicated things (at least for some people) by using Metric measurements too, in a hodge podge.

So, we'll use miles per hour and our old stones for weight, and inches and feet, but we also find they are interchangeable with kilograms etc...in conversation - often in the same sentence. 

8 hours ago, christian franca said:

Buy me implants then.

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

most scientific and computer data is done in metric

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

3 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Coming from Britain, we still use the old Imperial system, but have complicated things (at least for some people) by using Metric measurements too, in a hodge podge.

yeah, its weird to see miles, but then metres and centimetres.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

9 hours ago, christian franca said:

After being stressed out all day finishing my university report. This is the comedic relief I needed

Thank you

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

5 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

After being stressed out all day finishing my university report. This is the comedic relief I needed

Thank you

who ask?