Is going from 27gl850 to g2724d considered an upgrade?

SuperFlower

Is going from lg 27gl850 to dell g2724d considered an upgrade? 

I have the 27gl850 bought from 2020 and recently got an g2724d but the colors look so washed compared to the lg, tried to calibrate for hours but still looks slightly worse. Also could not find any difference in response time between monitors. And yes, it was set to 165Hz from nvidia control pannel.

Everytime I change a monitor it is exactly the same. They usually have different colour profiles. This new one I got (Asus ROG Strix XG248Q) is brighter and has more colours, it fried my eyes for a few days. If you do not like it just send it back if you can and get one that is more suitable for your standards.

The only difference between them is that the dell has worse color reproduction than the lg.

So basically you just bought a worse screen.

The ultrasharp one that is very similar to this dell screen has far better colors and would be comparable to your lg.

So yes pointless money spending basically.

A screen just like speakers can stay REALLY GOOD for over a decade without much issue. Non digitized/battery audio gear is on a whole nother level of longevity but a good comparison