LTT Official Folding Month 2020!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Luckily when I said it was almost done, I really meant it. 

For the last time in 2020, ladles and gentlespoons, here a blog post.

And with that said, it's a wrap! Thank you for everyone getting involved, if you'd like to continue talking about folding why not head over to The Folding Community Board

tortoise

5 hours ago, lxg68921 said:

Everyone showing their PPD's in millions, and here I am lol, poor old Xeon E3-1220 and a RX580 

That sounds like a neat setup. I thought about building my folding space heater using one of those older Xeons + new Chinese boards. I cheaped out and ended  up upgrading one of those old flat office desk PCs I already had to a Q9550 + RX 550 for the task. It makes your setup look pretty good :P Most people won't get it, but I'm pretty pleased with it*. It wasn't overly expensive, it's not that loud, and it keeps the room warmer.

It's almost like there are different groups of people in this event, who are playing different games. When I look at the daily lists I look at the top of the list like someone would watch a professional sports game 😮 Then I look where I am at, and see how I move relative to people that are similar to my level and out output. I noticed some people are getting lazy and not folding as much, so just with that alone I'm starting to climb a bit now (sort of like the tortoise  and the hair)

*The reason I like my setup is because a lot of effort and choices were made to produce the best result I could within a bunch of constraints. I wanted to stick to a limited budget. I wanted to stick to hardware vendors that are a bit more friendly to Linux. I wanted to stay within certain noise / wattage / space constraints. I think a lot of people overlook that people might be doing these things, and are quick to say things like: RX 550, wtf!  Nvidia is much more efficient! >_>

Datagrab successful, validation in progress 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Accidentally posted in community board, hope a mod can move them to here 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

9 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Alright, has someone looks at Den-Fi and Macaw2000 been cooling their systems with Redbull? 

It's 30C inside the house.... idk what the word cool means anymore.

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Accidentally posted in community board, hope a mod can move them to here 

Only if you give them their favorite cookie 🍪

Just now, Den-Fi said:

It's 30C inside the house.... idk what the word cool means anymore.

Don't worry, temperature is all relative 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Don't worry, temperature is all relative 

giphy.gif

WHAT?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU, MY EARS HAVE FLOODED.

1 hour ago, Den-Fi said:

giphy.gif

WHAT?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU, MY EARS HAVE FLOODED.

Not with those over the ear headphones they shouldn't have.

2 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Only if you give them their favorite cookie 🍪

I'm not sure if its the heat, the noise, the lack of sleep or the alcohol, but something is most certainly leading me to confusion. Just spent the last 10 mins writing a blog with the day nine spreadsheet... Sigh

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I'm not sure if its the heat, the noise, the lack of sleep or the alcohol, but something is most certainly leading me to confusion. Just spent the last 10 mins writing a blog with the day nine spreadsheet... Sigh

What are you doing drinking? It's not Friday yet.

Just now, Egg-Roll said:

What are you doing drinking? It's not Friday yet.

Everyday is a Friday when I have to deal with Den-Fi it's folding month

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, Intrinsic said:

tortoise

That sounds like a neat setup. I thought about building my folding space heater using one of those older Xeons + new Chinese boards. I cheaped out and ended  up upgrading one of those old flat office desk PCs I already had to a Q9550 + RX 550 for the task. It makes your setup look pretty good :P Most people won't get it, but I'm pretty pleased with it*. It wasn't overly expensive, it's not that loud, and it keeps the room warmer.

It's almost like there are different groups of people in this event, who are playing different games. When I look at the daily lists I look at the top of the list like someone would watch a professional sports game 😮 Then I look where I am at, and see how I move relative to people that are similar to my level and out output. I noticed some people are getting lazy and not folding as much, so just with that alone I'm starting to climb a bit now (sort of like the tortoise  and the hair)

*The reason I like my setup is because a lot of effort and choices were made to produce the best result I could within a bunch of constraints. I wanted to stick to a limited budget. I wanted to stick to hardware vendors that are a bit more friendly to Linux. I wanted to stay within certain noise / wattage / space constraints. I think a lot of people overlook that people might be doing these things, and are quick to say things like: RX 550, wtf!  Nvidia is much more efficient! >_>

I ordered for cheap a Xeon E3-1275 for more logical cores and onboard GPU, but I'm very happy with the setup for older titles(mostly AC:Origins and Fallout 4, and I do programming/development). I use a Z77 board and it was very cheap to build and I'm going to watercool it, it's a learning build, and I'm satisifed with it as I use a Macbook Pro 13' TB for daily driver. I learned good cable management and I'm hoping I'll learn from it, as I'm on a tight student budget..

not sure what this says about me but ...  this event reminds me of this scene: 

Willy Wonka = The Moderators

Charlie = DenFi

Slugworth = the rest of us

thanks for the entertaining banter ... lol.  back to my regularly scheduled silence.

3 hours ago, cbigfoot said:

Make sure you entered your passkey for folding as that 580 should be work 400-500k a day

https://apps.foldingathome.org/getpasskey

SHAME ON YOU @Den-Fi for not pointing that out to them

I'm up to 14500 PPD per day now, not hoping for much higher, it's a daily used machine. I did enter the passkey

@Den-Fi Yeah, I'll bet you have similar scores  😅

4 minutes ago, rathaman said:

not sure what this says about me but ...  this event reminds me of this scene: 

Willy Wonka = The Moderators

Charlie = DenFi

Slugworth = the rest of us

thanks for the entertaining banter ... lol.  back to my regularly scheduled silence.

You are always welcome to speak up my friend, the more the better for drowning out Den-Fi merrier 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

You are always welcome to speak up my friend, the more the better for drowning out Den-Fi merrier 

Oh.

I will keep quiet then.

I'm sorry. I thought we were friends.

I know better now. :(

Just now, Den-Fi said:

Oh.

I will keep quiet then.

We all love you really, in our own special way

Spoiler

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I KNOW HOW TO LOVE

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Blog time! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

16 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Oh.

I will keep quiet then.

you cant be quiet if you where quiet you couldnt be a bad influence for us.

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Blog time! 

I just got back from my satellite office in Jersey.

I ummm... put something over there.

2 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

62M points a day not enough for you ?

Needs 7M more

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB