[Updated] The Design of the 2020 Motorola Razr 5G has been leaked

soldier_ph

Summary

Lenovo has hosted an event for Investors presumably this past week to not only talk about financials but also to show off the new 2020 Redesign of the Motorola Razr. The Photos which have been published on the Chinese Social Media Network Weibo show a fresh design overhall of the Razr, removing some of it's bulk from the previous Version which was announced in 2019 and was heavily critized by Tech YouTubers and the Press for it's bulky and unhandy feeling. The new Version is not only rumored to come with a new Redesign but it's also believed to pack a 5G Modem and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765, also they removed the front facing Fingerprint reader which was Housed in the Chin of the 2019 Model.

Photos:

2019 Motorola Razr:

Download.jpg.92bac62efa5d16fe7b2aaf0ba8518840.jpg

2020 Redesign:

csm_Motorola_Razr_5G_Hands_On_Image_18881e204e.jpg.6013e300eb1db08d34c174f1f11fa5d2.jpg

csm_Motorola_Razr_5G_Hands_On_Live_Image_525d4332f5.jpg.1a3353bb7427fc09a088e8b0a8209ecb.jpg

csm_Motorola_Razr_5G_Live_Image_2b5f71db4c.jpg.5e2f654d76a5663c76a7c8cb2f657727.jpg

Quotes

-Quote from Notebookcheck-

Motorola sought to lock its niche in the burgeoning foldables trend down early on with the return of its Razr sub-brand. However, many reviewers perceived this device as rushed indeed, particularly with its distinctly low-to-mid-range specs and questionable durability. On the other hand, it did manage to deliver a 6.2-inch POLED flexible display in a clamshell form-factor, which may be carried over to its upcoming second generation.

In fact, this upcoming Razr 2020 5G is believed to be much more of a refresh, packing a Snapdragon 765 processor into a very similar chassis. This was recently underpinned in a leak that purports to show the resulting phone in hands-on images. They are said to originate from an event put on by Lenovo for investors, one of whom proceeded to leak the device on Weibo.

They show a product that does indeed look very like the first foldable Razr on first blush. However, closer inspection shows a slight, novel curve to the secondary display (which is on the "front" of the phone when closed). The inner, main display does indeed also look much the same, albeit a bit cleaner and without the pronounced lip along the top edge.

This view of the "Razr 2020 5G" also indicates it still has a chin, although it has lost the hardware-based fingerprint sensor from the previous iteration. In addition, the hinge appears to have been re-jigged somewhat and sticks further out towards the rear.

The "new Razr" also seems to still have a single camera and an Android 10-based OS. All in all, they match earlier renders posted by Evan Blass to a good degree. The phone that may conform to these images still lacks a launch date at present.

My thoughts

To me the 2020 Redesign looks much slimmer and sexier but Foldables like this too will just be as fragile and vulnerable to accidental scuffs, scratches and bends that went too far back. Keen to see if they figured out a better solution to protect the Plastic OLED Screen from scratches and fingernail imprints. Also this has been my first Tech News post so feel free to also give me feedback on that.

Update:

MKBHD is the first to release a video of the Razr 2 and it is exactly what you've seen in the pictures above:

Sources

https://www.notebookcheck.net/A-new-leak-may-confirm-the-Motorola-Razr-2020-5G-s-design.483852.0.html

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2020/07/this-is-the-motorola-razr-2020.html

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

second comment on a post that will hopefully on a Tech News video.

#LTTstore.com

not sponsered

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

Just now, CircleTech said:

We’ve come full circle. The flip-phone is back.

I see what you did there.

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

Yeah but with style and no visible hinge in the middle. You can connect flat panels almost seamlessly (like on larger TVs) these days. I have 3 original RZR phones and all of them had their screens brake eventually. Getting a phone with a foldable screen that will break again makes me nostalgic but not the good kind. 

9 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Yeah but with style and no visible hinge in the middle. You can connect flat panels almost seamlessly (like on larger TVs) these days. I have 3 original RZR phones and all of them had their screens brake eventually. Getting a phone with a foldable screen that will break again makes me nostalgic but not the good kind. 

Imagine saying the DS didn't have style smh

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

It's not much of a redesign. I guess the redone hinge is great for all three people who would be seriously interested in this though.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

If they can make this robust,  or even just make it so you can buy a titanium/stainless shell that protects it and the hinge I will be very interested. I love flip phones, I hate using hard keys.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

It's a good form factor. Expect it to actually stick around.

I hope you're right.  I personally love phones that I can stick in my jeans pocket and not worry abound them bending or breaking.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

7 hours ago, Senzelian said:

I'm really trying to show how boring this looks within a single sentence, but I can't even be bothered with it.

I'll help you out. It looks cheap, plasticky and just crappy looking. Reminds me of cheap plastic flip phones from around year 2002 or so... Even has the same silver case...

12 hours ago, CircleTech said:

Thanks, but I'll wait for Windows Mobile and QWERTY-equipped communicators to be resurrected. Those were the trends I liked the most.

7 hours ago, mr moose said:

I hope you're right.  I personally love phones that I can stick in my jeans pocket and not worry abound them bending or breaking.  

Once foldables became viable, the return of the flipphone was going to happen. The form factor got popular for a reason and it's still in wide use. For anyone that's no a content-heavy user, a flipphone would be the best form factor. It's going to take a few generations & tech improvements, but once they have reasonably priced ones, they're going to be a key segment.

I like the form factor, but those flexible screens are too fragile, and the battery capacity of flip phones is much less than most other phones, price is also a factor to me because these phones with a flexible screen are overpriced for the hardware specs.

Not sure why people crap on a phone that has a plastic back though, I'd take it over a more fragile glass backed phone,and it makes it easier to disassemble and swap the battery if I need to.

Next, sliding phones. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

7 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Once foldables became viable, the return of the flipphone was going to happen. The form factor got popular for a reason and it's still in wide use. For anyone that's no a content-heavy user, a flipphone would be the best form factor. It's going to take a few generations & tech improvements, but once they have reasonably priced ones, they're going to be a key segment.

Even for a content-heavy user, once the foldability of the screen/battery?/pcb? is perfected I expect many of the flagships to become foldable. We're talking more than a decade but it will happen.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

3 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

Even for a content-heavy user, once the foldability of the screen/battery?/pcb? is perfected I expect many of the flagships to become foldable. We're talking more than a decade but it will happen.

It's going to be a while, but once we get phones in the 300-500USD range that are foldable-flip phones, I can see that being a huge seller. Heck, frankly, I'd take one for one of my phones. I know a few ppl that would be the best option for them as well. If the phone isn't a primary video device, a folding phone would be so much more useful for daily carrying.

23 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Next, sliding phones. 

Only if the sliding portion has another screen

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

47 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Only if the sliding portion has another screen

Yeah top and bottom keyboard as display. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

The screen seems really fragile, how would they make it that flexible?

On 8/2/2020 at 4:41 PM, CircleTech said:

I always imagined that Apple would have done it... I guess I owe my friend a $20. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Gosh this thing takes me back.  Wonder how well the foldable screen will hold up.  I will stick with my black rectangles for now but when they can perfect this foldable screen tech, ooh man I might actually go for something like this.