New custom build started, then didn't recognize GPU, now won't power on at all

I am losing my mind.

I have received a new motherboard, CPU, and power supply after previously RMAing the last ones. When everything arrived I reassembled the PC to try again.

At first it booted to the BIOS as seen below. No bootable devices detected but that's okay. Friend says CPU fan plugged to pump so let's power off and fix that.

On the next boot, I get a solid VGA light: the 4090 is not detected. I unplug it and unseat it, power on. Absolutely nothing. The board receives power, as its RGB is on when plugged in. But the front power switch and power switch on the mobo do not turn it on.

At this point I'm going mad. I check all the connections: CPU, motherboard, SATA, everything. Nothing is loose. I try again. Failure to start.

Having failed to troubleshoot one problem before another propped up, I have to ask myself: is this new HX1000i faulty? I try my old EVGA 850w power supply that I know for a fact worked last week before I powered off my PC to salvage parts. Answer? Yes, it still works! The RGB on the mobo comes on. I try powering the PC on again. Same problem. 

I am beginning to think every PC I build is developing sentience and refusing to work for me. Please help. This is causing me no shortage of anxiety.

BIOS version: 2613

CPU: Ryzen 9 7950X3D

GPU: RTX 4090

Mobo: ASUS PRIME X670E-PRO

2 M2 ssds, 2 2.5 ssds, 2 hdds

PSU: Corsair HX1000i

HSF: Dark Rock Elite

10 fans connected to Thermaltake fan hub

(Important: I flashed the BIOS to the recent version the day before receiving a new CPU. I don't know if this hurt anything, but the fact it started before after the flash appeared to be successful according to instructions makes me believe it didn't.)

20240425_155743.jpg

20240425_161127.jpg

20240425_162913.jpg

20240425_195029.jpg

20240425_195035.jpg

20240425_195039.jpg

The RGB being on doesn't mean much. It only means it's recieving power for the leds, but that's where it ends, really.
Could be still a DOA.

This things happens, sometimes part arrives dead. And 4090 failure rate been are moderated but very much there, it seems.