5G Masts set light to, Engineers attacked over virus rumours

I'm telling you, its the one who identify as toasters. 

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

Haven't the conspiracy theorists been talking about this since 3G and before?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

18 hours ago, TetraSky said:

JmNORei.png

I'm honestly not even surprised. That's how you get people shooting up pizza places, too. Just because they saw some crazy conspiracy theory on the internet and believed it hard.

These are the kind of people that'd join a cult without even realizing it.

It can go much further than that. If I remember correct, there have been cases about people thinking they really live in the Matrix world and everything is a lie. I don't remember what happened to these idiots but holy shit, they did horrible things to the others.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

15 hours ago, Techstorm970 said:

"THEY'RE SENDING VIRUSES THROUGH THE RADIO TO TURN THE FRIGGIN FROGS GAY!  ATTACK!!!!!"

To protect every man from the homosexualizing 5G radio virus, Super Male Vitality supplements are now on sale only in Infowars Life store

gaybomb.gif

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

10 hours ago, mr moose said:

I don't know anyone who has done that yet,  have you walked all the way across the disc?  you probably just turned around when you were on a boat due to centrifugal force and currents and so ended up coming back into the same continent giving you the illusion you went around a globe.

North always points to the center, so while you believe you're traveling east, and should eventually reach the end, you're just circumnavigating in a.....circle. Those that travel furthest south will reach Antarctica.

Imagine thinking radio waves bring you real virus in your body... If they thought their computer or a phone is getting a virus it would make more sense, but this...

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, captain_to_fire said:

To protect every man from the homosexualizing 5G radio virus, Super Male Vitality supplements are now on sale only in Infowars Life store

gaybomb.gif

Honestly glad that most platforms took away his soapbox. Conspiracy theorists like this twat are just harmful to the low-IQ masses who eat up everything he shat out of his mouth-hole. Even more so considering he was using their fear to sell his craptastic placebo products.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

44 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Not to derail this thread, But of course, pollutants in the water affect aquatic life but also other life forms including humans but that old CNN article doesn’t even mention animals becoming homosexuals, or to that effect. 🏳️‍🌈

I’m not sure if I’m taking the last article seriously as it lacks citation of a primary source. All it says is that this Professor did a research but it simply failed to cite it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

5 hours ago, mr moose said:

Conspiracy theories are for the most part [...]

...and for the other part they are true. The phrase conspiracy theorist was invented in the first place to discredit people uncovering government crimes.

6w4ahk.jpg

But now they also actively go around spreading easily disproven "conspiracy theories" to then group all of them together and have everyone disregard those topics as crazy. For example, plastic waste in the water affecting frogs in a way that the phrase "turning frogs gays" isn't exactly untrue is a thing.

Ontopic, though, I think creativity is needed to combat this.

Spoiler

cvVmI71.jpg

32 minutes ago, Bramimond said:

...and for the other part they are true. The phrase conspiracy theorist was invented in the first place to discredit people uncovering government crimes.

6w4ahk.jpg

But now they also actively go around spreading easily disproven "conspiracy theories" to then group all of them together and have everyone disregard those topics as crazy. For example, plastic waste in the water affecting frogs in a way that the phrase "turning frogs gays" isn't exactly untrue is a thing.

Reveal hidden contents

cvVmI71.jpg

And how many of those have been uncovered by conspiracy theory nuts?

@Bramimond the oil industry adopted this approach ages ago, same with mining. There's actually oil pumps all around Southern California that you'll never notice unless someone points it out.

As for the 5G stuff, I'm leaning towards a bit of astroturf and some faction didn't get their cut of proceedings. Mostly as it's really centered around the UK. It's the 21st Century version of "a bunch of hooligans just happened to break your windows".

8 hours ago, mr moose said:

And the more likely it is they'll think they understand enough to be almost certainly right. Apart from dunning kruger et al, it is a more invasive side effect of the internet and social media  on even average-more intelligent people. 

Sadly, I've seen no end of *high* expertise scientists, physicist etc, fall off the *real* deep end. No problem with having personal beliefs, but how many extreme experts have you seen, at the end of their career, release a book about "quantum/cell/electro soul therapy". Even Stephen Hawkins was not immune to this, and approached subjects in his books/talks that were out of his expertise (the meaning of life/etc). Though not the worse, in his case, a lot of intelligence does not protect you from crackpot theories.

There's being sceptical. Being open minded. Being spiritual/emotional/historical. Then there is going totally nuts! 😮

This seems like a good time to legalize weed, so we can fill the jails with these idiots instead. 

9 hours ago, Derangel said:

"Average intelligence". It means there are A LOT of stupid people in the world. Flat Earthers and other morons are nothing new. Humans are pretty easy to trick, you say something in a convincing way or you hear something from someone you trust and you start to believe it. The less a person knows on a subject the easier they are to trick into believing something on it. It's even more effective on people that are already paranoid.There's a reason the "da gubberment is gunna take muh gurnz" crowd are, on average, more likely to be conspiracy theory nuts.

Edit: And for less insulting examples. How many people believe that sitting "too close" to the TV harms vision? Or how about the belief that Y2K was never a concern?

Just wanted to point out that the flat earth conspiracy is pretty new, I mean the ancient Greeks, ancient Indians, ancient Islamic world, medieval Europe,  etc, or at least many people in those places knew the world was round

And someone had to actually start the theories, right? It could have easily been the government, or maybe even some joke that snowballed out of control. It's not particularly hard to start these conspiracy theories, look at anti-vaxx for example ( one scientific " study " that was debunked multiple times )

also, there are many reasons of being suspicious of the us government, especially with their track record. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

🤦‍♂️ World full of idiots

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

7 hours ago, Phill104 said:

I suppose in many ways we are bought up to believe things that are not true. Particularly for those that continue in later life to believe in certain things, conspiracy theories are an easy step, especially if they fit in with what they “know”.

I would disagree with that - ignorance, often promoted by bad education, is what generally leads to believing in nonsense like this. Plenty of children grow up believing in Santa Claus but most of them turn out fine as opposed to conspiracy nuts.

And it doesn't help that certain individuals would rather anything be blamed than their own incompetence in dealing with the issue or that of the people they support.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, captain_to_fire said:

Not to derail this thread, But of course, pollutants in the water affect aquatic life but also other life forms including humans but that old CNN article doesn’t even mention animals becoming homosexuals, or to that effect. 🏳️‍🌈

I’m not sure if I’m taking the last article seriously as it lacks citation of a primary source. All it says is that this Professor did a research but it simply failed to cite it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Funnily enough atrazine, a common pesticide, does in fact mimic estrogen and cause male frogs to lose testosterone and even makes some into females

https://news.berkeley.edu/2010/03/01/frogs/

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

6 hours ago, Sauron said:

I would disagree with that - ignorance, often promoted by bad education, is what generally leads to believing in nonsense like this. Plenty of children grow up believing in Santa Claus but most of them turn out fine as opposed to conspiracy nuts.

And it doesn't help that certain individuals would rather anything be blamed than their own incompetence in dealing with the issue or that of the people they support.

There are still over 2000 active religions in the world. While I am not a believer, it would be arrogant of me to describe those who do, ignorant or poorly educated.

What I talk of here is we are all bought up on fairy tales, to believe myth and legend and that continues throughout our lives. Belief in monsters etc can actually be explained as part of self preservation, the way we have evolved to fear the new and unknown. If we had no fears we would not have survived as a race very long. Conspiracy theories are often preying on that same Inate fear response. While most of us can weigh up the evidence and come to a sensible conclusion, indoctrinated teachings can throw a huge spanner in the works for some people, however intelligent they may be.

15 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Funnily enough atrazine, a common pesticide, does in fact mimic estrogen and cause male frogs to lose testosterone and even makes some into females

https://news.berkeley.edu/2010/03/01/frogs/

The ability to change sex is actually quite common in the natural world. Some bird species do it for instance, such as mandarin ducks. In amphibians and reptiles it is more common than you might realise. The switch can be as simple as temperature related. 

3 minutes ago, Phill104 said:

There are still over 2000 active religions in the world. While I am not a believer, it would be arrogant of me to describe those who do, ignorant or poorly educated.

That's my point. Lots of people believe in all sorts of things but only some of them burn 5G masts. At least some of the people who did this were probably atheists for that matter.

6 minutes ago, Phill104 said:

What I talk of here is we are all bought up on fairy tales, to believe myth and legend and that continues throughout our lives. Belief in monsters etc can actually be explained as part of self preservation, the way we have evolved to fear the new and unknown. If we had no fears we would not have survived as a race very long.

Of course but... in this case both the "monster" and the explanation are quire obvious. It's a disease. This is what diseases do. 500 years ago it wouldn't have been so clear cut but today it is.

People believe in conspiracies because they weren't given the tools to distinguish science from bullshit. That's a failure of education.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 hours ago, Bramimond said:

Reveal hidden contents

cvVmI71.jpg

"Conspiracy theories are a conspiracy!"

🤣

You heard it here first, folks.

6w4ahk.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

cvVmI71.jpg

I think you missed the point, especially considering I went to length to define the type of conspiracy and the reason not many of those turn out to be true.  Most of the conspiracies centre around government control of the citizens, not covering up shit governance or the desire to hide illegal activity.  you can bet your arse there is a lot of that going on, but they aren't posed in great detail by your average conspiracy nut.

5 hours ago, TechyBen said:

There's being sceptical. Being open minded. Being spiritual/emotional/historical. Then there is going totally nuts! 😮

This is the crux of my last post.

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

People believe in conspiracies because they weren't given the tools to distinguish science from bullshit. That's a failure of education.

And some because they suffer fear, which overrules education.   Some do it for the money too.  I am pretty certain dr oz and Kelly brogan do not believe the shit they spout.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 minutes ago, mr moose said:

And some because they suffer fear, which overrules education.   Some do it for the money too.  I am pretty certain dr oz and Kelly brogan do not believe the shit they spout.

Well, I did say believe. Obviously money can get you to preach it but not necessarily to believe it. As for fear... does it overrule education? Something like this isn't a momentary reflex where you had no time to think.

For example, plastic waste in the water affecting frogs in a way that the phrase "turning frogs gays" isn't exactly untrue is a thing.

The problem with the "turning the frogs gay" thing isn't whether it's true or not - that doesn't even matter to be honest. The fact that someone looked at plastic pollution and their takeaway was that this was being done on purpose specifically to turn frogs gay is what makes it insane. And also the fact that the person in question actively profits from scaremongering to his audience and selling them snake oil to "prepare". Oh and he denies climate change, pollution is only a problem when it turns frogs gay I guess.

This is clearly not that and these are usually the same people who deny war crimes and actual proven conspiracies or even just demonstrable facts.

Area 51 was a conspiracy, they were building spy planes in defiance of international law and used alien conspiracy theories as a cover. Guess what, nutters are still raving on about the aliens despite having proof they were building spy planes and planting alien conspiracy theories. None of them thought of spy planes at the time.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*