5G Masts set light to, Engineers attacked over virus rumours

39 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Huwawieiieiuawaae,....   were all farked,... .  They tried to warn us...

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why we don't believe conspiracy theories.  sure the odd one or two come true, but the other thousands of self adapting creations do not.

Did you not know the earth is flat?

44 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Huwawieiieiuawaae,....   were all farked,... .  They tried to warn us...

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why we don't believe conspiracy theories.  sure the odd one or two come true, but the other thousands of self adapting creations do not.

the one conspiracy theory I believe is that the government starts stupid stuff like this in order to discount actual theories and leaks should they come up and people end up believing them.

I mean there's no other way for things like this and flat earth to exist, right? 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Phill104 said:

Did you not know the earth is flat?

I had heard that, I'm just waiting for air travel to start again sop I can prove it by holding a spirit level up to the horizon on a plane.

11 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

the one conspiracy theory I believe is that the government starts stupid stuff like this in order to discount actual theories and leaks should they come up and people end up believing them.

I mean there's no other way for things like this and flat earth to exist, right? 

I see you've played create a new conspiracy to explain the flaw in the old conspiracy before.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I mean…I can understand the whole "cell towers give us cancer" thing.  There's a reason the workers can't be at antenna height while they're powered on.

But…sending covid?  How stupid are these losers to believe that?

12 minutes ago, justpoet said:

I mean…I can understand the whole "cell towers give us cancer" thing.  There's a reason the workers can't be at antenna height while they're powered on.

Isn't it because of the energy that exists at that level? Your body gets heated up real fast. It's not really necessarily about cancer, even when you're right at the antenna. It's just about the sheer amount of heat that gets created in your body.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

7 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Isn't it because of the energy that exists at that level? Your body gets heated up real fast. It's not really necessarily about cancer, even when you're right at the antenna. It's just about the sheer amount of heat that gets created in your body.

Yep.  It is the right stuff to cook you, which is also the right stuff to cause cancers.  Just, when you're that close, you're basically putting yourself inside your microwave if it is on.

3 hours ago, mr moose said:

I had heard that, I'm just waiting for air travel to start again sop I can prove it by holding a spirit level up to the horizon on a plane.

I see you've played create a new conspiracy to explain the flaw in the old conspiracy before.

Is there any other way to explain flat earth? 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

33 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Is there any other way to explain flat earth? 

Yep, you can hike all the way passed the outer ice rim and see for yourself.  I did it several times already, there's just more snow and ice and it never felt like I was walking up or down a hill so it must be flat.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

8 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Virus cells? Viruses aren't cells. They're RNA or DNA wrapped in a protein shell. 

So it was AMD> RDNA!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  ^%(%^$_(^(^$£_(^$£(^$£(^£$_(^£_$£

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

8 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Yep, you can hike all the way passed the outer ice rim and see for yourself.  I did it several times already, there's just more snow and ice and it never felt like I was walking up or down a hill so it must be flat.

The real question that will really get you going though.  When you travel "around" the world…at what point is the teleport back to the other side of the screen?

1 minute ago, justpoet said:

The real question that will really get you going though.  When you travel "around" the world…at what point is the teleport back to the other side of the screen?

I don't know anyone who has done that yet,  have you walked all the way across the disc?  you probably just turned around when you were on a boat due to centrifugal force and currents and so ended up coming back into the same continent giving you the illusion you went around a globe.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

So what you're saying is by the end of the year it's going to mutate in to an RDNA2 virus?!?!?1

It's the end

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

7 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

"Average intelligence". It means there are A LOT of stupid people in the world. Flat Earthers and other morons are nothing new. Humans are pretty easy to trick, you say something in a convincing way or you hear something from someone you trust and you start to believe it. The less a person knows on a subject the easier they are to trick into believing something on it. It's even more effective on people that are already paranoid.There's a reason the "da gubberment is gunna take muh gurnz" crowd are, on average, more likely to be conspiracy theory nuts.

Edit: And for less insulting examples. How many people believe that sitting "too close" to the TV harms vision? Or how about the belief that Y2K was never a concern?

1 hour ago, Derangel said:

Or how about the belief that Y2K was never a concern?

Bad example to pick there. I've no idea if your old enough to remember the scare over that. I am. It was waaaaaay overblown at the time. You had people believing en mass that failure to fix it would cause power plants to explode, planes to fall out of the sky, hospital equipment to stop working and a hundred other super scary things.

As for the topic. Sadly not a suprise, As alluded to further up confront people with somthing they don't understand and they have a nasty habit of reacting negatively. For most of us that just takes the form of being really cautious about it ij some way or another. But some people instead get angry, or suffer outright panic attacks. People in that state tend to lash out at whatever is upsetting them. And then you get stuff like this.

3 hours ago, mr moose said:

I don't know anyone who has done that yet,  have you walked all the way across the disc?  you probably just turned around when you were on a boat due to centrifugal force and currents and so ended up coming back into the same continent giving you the illusion you went around a globe.

Oh!  This is like when people walk up to an X Box and do a 360 to walk away.  Got it!

1 minute ago, justpoet said:

Oh!  This is like when people walk up to an X Box and do a 360 to walk away.  Got it!

or their boat just gets blown all the way around the continent so they come back into it from the other side.    Math is hard even for the average people though,  so which ever explanation feels better is more likely to be more accurate.

1 hour ago, Derangel said:

The less a person knows on a subject the easier they are to trick into believing something on it.

And the more likely it is they'll think they understand enough to be almost certainly right. Apart from dunning kruger et al, it is a more invasive side effect of the internet and social media  on even average-more intelligent people. 

I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, but I'll tread carefully.

I find it kind of interesting that these types of conspiracy theories exist, yet alone are so widespread. Because, on the one hand, they're clearly ridiculous and completely without merit. But, and this is where I find it interesting, in a very weird way I can partially see where these nutters are coming from. Governments and huge corporations have shown time and time again that they cannot be trusted. (I'm no libertarian btw, just someone with a couple of brain cells and a pair of eyeballs for peepin). After all, how many times have governments and huge corporations sworn up and down that they weren't doing something only for it later to come out that they were lying? (FB, google, prism, and so on) While I dismiss conspiracy theories, it's somewhat paradoxical given how many of them were later proven right. It's really weird. I suppose the best way I can put it is that I think governments and huge corporations have done more fostered this type of paranoia, a paranoia that isn't wholly unjustified, and manifests itself in things like this and other socially destructive behaviours.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

how can people thing waves from a tower is causing a virus as in viral.

if that was the case the classic radio stations would have killed us all long ago... :)

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

1 hour ago, CarlBar said:

Bad example to pick there. I've no idea if your old enough to remember the scare over that. I am. It was waaaaaay overblown at the time. You had people believing en mass that failure to fix it would cause power plants to explode, planes to fall out of the sky, hospital equipment to stop working and a hundred other super scary things.

As for the topic. Sadly not a suprise, As alluded to further up confront people with somthing they don't understand and they have a nasty habit of reacting negatively. For most of us that just takes the form of being really cautious about it ij some way or another. But some people instead get angry, or suffer outright panic attacks. People in that state tend to lash out at whatever is upsetting them. And then you get stuff like this.

I'm 35, I'm old enough to remember it well enough. Again: There are a lot of stupid people. There's a reason I specifically said "concern" and not "overblown". They are not mutually exclusive terms. Something can both be a concern and be overblown at the same time.

51 minutes ago, YellowJersey said:

I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, but I'll tread carefully.

I find it kind of interesting that these types of conspiracy theories exist, yet alone are so widespread. Because, on the one hand, they're clearly ridiculous and completely without merit. But, and this is where I find it interesting, in a very weird way I can partially see where these nutters are coming from. Governments and huge corporations have shown time and time again that they cannot be trusted. (I'm no libertarian btw, just someone with a couple of brain cells and a pair of eyeballs for peepin). After all, how many times have governments and huge corporations sworn up and down that they weren't doing something only for it later to come out that they were lying? (FB, google, prism, and so on) While I dismiss conspiracy theories, it's somewhat paradoxical given how many of them were later proven right. It's really weird. I suppose the best way I can put it is that I think governments and huge corporations have done more fostered this type of paranoia, a paranoia that isn't wholly unjustified, and manifests itself in things like this and other socially destructive behaviours.

I find it quite easy to be skeptical of government and cautious of people with more power than I,  however I also find it unhelpful to believe anything willynilly without some form of evidence.    Most conspiracies never turn out to be true, there are enough conspiracies that a few random ones do turn out to be true, but it's not that many. I think the issue is that for rational people, things like 5eyes, the snowden leaks, NSA and stingray, etc are not crazy, but anything that requires making assumptions and leaps of logic combined with ignoring obvious evidence are conspiracies that will never likely come true.  Things like the chemtrails, vaccines being dangerous or part of a conspiracy, the moon landing etc.     Believing the earth is flat or that 5g gives you coronavirus is in no way a consequence of governments being dodgy, not trusting the government with your emails may well be consequence of things they have done.

20 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I find it quite easy to be skeptical of government and cautious of people with more power than I,  however I also find it unhelpful to believe anything willynilly without some form of evidence.    Most conspiracies never turn out to be true, there are enough conspiracies that a few random ones do turn out to be true, but it's not that many. I think the issue is that for rational people, things like 5eyes, the snowden leaks, NSA and stingray, etc are not crazy, but anything that requires making assumptions and leaps of logic combined with ignoring obvious evidence are conspiracies that will never likely come true.  Things like the chemtrails, vaccines being dangerous or part of a conspiracy, the moon landing etc.     Believing the earth is flat or that 5g gives you coronavirus is in no way a consequence of governments being dodgy, not trusting the government with your emails may well be consequence of things they have done.

I suppose in many ways we are bought up to believe things that are not true. Particularly for those that continue in later life to believe in certain things, conspiracy theories are an easy step, especially if they fit in with what they “know”.

1 minute ago, Phill104 said:

I suppose in many ways we are bought up to believe things that are not true. Particularly for those that continue in later life to believe in certain things, conspiracy theories are an easy step, especially if they fit in with what they “know”.

I would agree with that.

Conspiracy theories are for the most part the way irrational or paranoid people make sense of a world they have no control in.   For those with an average or above average intelligence they are the result of unchecked fear and for everyone else they mostly play right into absolution of responsibility (if you create a conspiracy that says you are the victim because the government is corrupt so you no longer need to feel guilty about not paying tax, helping your neighbor, or even just doing the right thing even when you know you should).

The reason they are so common is they do not require any special skill, in fact gaining an experience or education in any field tends to diminish the belief in common conspiracies.    Falling victim to a conspiracy is really not that different to falling for a scam or con job.