LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

2 minutes ago, kbizzle777 said:

is there a reason why one is folding and the others are not?

FAQ. 

Blue bubble.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

8 minutes ago, MrFinn741 said:

Maybe you need a new cooler, one with water in it? Is the radiator heating up at all?

Yes radiator gets almost hot enough to burn when gpu max set to 70 degrees in afterburner. Also the fact I haven't noticed before shows how little any games I play use both gpus, so I'm much better off getting a new single card anyway

12 minutes ago, Kilrah said:
18 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Hoping it's server delay; and not more WU's that were scrapped

Check the logs to know

Is the logs say:

WU01:FS01:Final credit estimate, 137754.00 points

and the points haven't shown, would that be due to a server delay? 

Aorus X570 Xtreme | Ryzen 3900X | Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme  | G.Skill Trident Z 64GB 3200 MHz  CL14

2 minutes ago, abrackers said:

Yes radiator gets almost hot enough to burn when gpu max set to 70 degrees in afterburner. Also the fact I haven't noticed before shows how little any games I play use both gpus, so I'm much better off getting a new single card anyway

put more air cooling on it.  turn your house fan on "on" and it will lower the average temperature in the room and it doesnt cost much to run that fan.   maybe get a deskfan and blow at your rig. 

If you get the "final credits estimate" it should be all good and show up. Where are you looking for your total?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Tried again to get a passkey but it appears my problem is gmail.  Got a “failed to authenticate” error.  So not F@H per se.  gmail problem.  Need a different thread maybe.  Don’t know where to put it.

I had the same issue. Didn't get one at first, but tried my old hotmail account, and got one within a few hours. I think the Gmail spam monster ate it...

5 minutes ago, walderston said:

Is the logs say:

WU01:FS01:Final credit estimate, 137754.00 points

and the points haven't shown, would that be due to a server delay? 

Hi, yes the stats.foldingathome.org page is a bit behind, but if you check https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/search.php you should be able to find some more up to date stats for yourself there. (Though it is updated every 3 hours)

Just fired up folders :)

F@H [] Autobiography [] 

Main Desktop and Folding Rig :

Spoiler

Cpu : I5-9400f

Gpu : GTX 1070 Founder's Edition
Psu : Seasonic G-650

Ram : G.Skill Aegis 4x8gb DDR4 2666MHz (14-15-15-34)

External Storage : 8tb Western Digital Elements Usb 3.0 Hard Drive

Storage : Samsung 970 Evo 500GB

Motherboard : ASUS B365 Pro-4 m

Gaming Laptop :

Spoiler

Cpu : I7-8750H 2.2ghz 

Gpu : GTX 1070 Max Q 

Psu : laptop b r i c k 

Ram : 16gb 2666Mhz 

Storage : 512Gb SATA SSD 

Motherboard : it's a laptop.....

old boomer (currently non-functional)

Spoiler

Cpu : I5-6400 2.7ghz (doesn't have a heatsink)

Gpu : Asus RX580 8gb (might sell)

Psu : EVGA 500 watt 80 plus

Ram : 16gb DDR3 1400mhz

Storage : 1tb Toshiba HDD (currently in main pc)

Motherboard : Generic ASUS pre-built motherboard

Even extremeoverclocking is off now. It ran 20 minutes ago and shows 0 for me for the last 3-hour period although I did close to 300k points.

They do show up in the web viewer.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

put more air cooling on it.  turn your house fan on "on" and it will lower the average temperature in the room and it doesnt cost much to run that fan.   maybe get a deskfan and blow at your rig. 

I've ordered a new gpu anyway given it is overheating far too much to entirely be airflow through the rad. I'm guessing one of the pumps has gone,  although it is very old and also having severe memory issues when folding (can't get more than 2% in unless I've downclockes the memory.)

Speaking of which, how do I get afterburner to save settings over a reboot? Just lost a bigish gpu work unit as it hadnt saved my under clock on memory from yesterday and errored out.

17 minutes ago, kbizzle777 said:

is there a reason why one is folding and the others are not?

Yup, the F@H servers cant serve out WU's fast enough. Sometimes it'll take a while to get a new WU ofr your PC. If it's been a few hours, it might help to stop folding, and start up again.

Just now, abrackers said:

I've ordered a new gpu anyway given it is overheating far too much to entirely be airflow through the rad. I'm guessing one of the pumps has gone,  although it is very old and also having severe memory issues when folding (can't get more than 2% in unless I've downclockes the memory.)

Speaking of which, how do I get afterburner to save settings over a reboot? Just lost a bigish gpu work unit as it hadnt saved my under clock on memory from yesterday and errored out.

70c is not overheating. its perfectly normal. my quadros have been at 82c for 3 weeks now.   new GPUs are going to get just as hot. your goal should be to move enough air through the machine to end up with power limit throttling, not thermal throttling. 

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Even extremeoverclocking is off now. It ran 20 minutes ago and shows 0 for me for the last 3-hour period although I did close to 300k points.

They do show up in the web viewer.

Looks like the latest update didn't track individual user points for the latest update (03.19.20, 9am CDT). Team data was updated but individual users are all showing 0 for this update.

Should correct itself at the next update in approximately 3 hours time and credit the missing points then.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

I'm late to this, but they were 5K comments and 170K views. 

Also as a side note, with so many users signing up at the same time but not entering any details about a username or team number, the "Anonymous" user in Default Team has increased their rate explosively, on track to be the #1 point farm and closing a Twenty five billion point gap in only three months!!!

image.thumb.png.3589cb6596b538017fe16ed4c63378fe.png

OOO Well thats the mark to beat then!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, JCBiggs said:

70c is not overheating. its perfectly normal. my quadros have been at 82c for 3 weeks now.   new GPUs are going to get just as hot. your goal should be to move enough air through the machine to end up with power limit throttling, not thermal throttling. 

With an r9 295x2 its bios temp limit is 75 degrees as its watercooled to stop the clcs dying. With both gpus running at full power and full clocks it should run at 60~65 degrees according to reviews when it came out. I also know its not paste as i changed that about a year ago to hydronaut and it ran perfectly then.

Yes I am aware with air cooled 70 is very cool, and most gpus target 80 degrees instead (two r7 360s in my parents pcs downstairs do), but with clc water cooling it kills the pumps

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

I'm late to this, but they were 5K comments and 170K views. 

Also as a side note, with so many users signing up at the same time but not entering any details about a username or team number, the "Anonymous" user in Default Team has increased their rate explosively, on track to be the #1 point farm and closing a Twenty five billion point gap in only three months!!!

I wish the anon folders could be encouraged to join a team.

That's an insane amount of power that they've got.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I am back to fold again after years of being dark. Nice to see a serious PPD jump from my old GTX780 to my GTX 1080.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

Just now, tS_kStin said:

I am back to fold again after years of being dark. Nice to see a serious PPD jump from my old GTX780 to my GTX 1080.

welcome back into the fold!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

27 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Looks like the latest update didn't track individual user points for the latest update (03.19.20, 9am CDT). Team data was updated but individual users are all showing 0 for this update.

Should correct itself at the next update in approximately 3 hours time and credit the missing points then.

It's well further off than that. Extremeoc website says I've done 8 WU, and 88K points.
A day a go the webclient for me stalled at 1,519,623 points, and despite the logs showing points are being credited for WU's it's not updating in the Webclient anymore or https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=868158

This is with 3 systems working, with same identity and passkey on them.

I'm hoping it's just the servers being slammed.

Screenshot_895.png.c557afd49e1d0bf5af48a511c8759738.pngScreenshot_897.png.beb7e07d9cf89e732d797fcbb3c881ec.png

51 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Check the logs to know

Logs show WU's are being credited, but no points being added in nearly 48 hours.

Screenshot_898.png.2d91a05d3457253dd428653db2e6b6fd.png

A44421D9-DF4B-4E5D-80C1-5F02C498F5B1.thumb.JPG.f87d8b9b3be614c79d095dc51e6630ac.JPG

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

31 minutes ago, RestlessRancor said:

Hi, yes the stats.foldingathome.org page is a bit behind, but if you check https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/search.php you should be able to find some more up to date stats for yourself there. (Though it is updated every 3 hours)

I have been looking at folding.extremeoverclocking.com but the numbers I see there do not match the numbers reported within my log even with giving a 6hr wait. I'll give it a few days and check... I'm new to all of this folding 'stuff'. 

Aorus X570 Xtreme | Ryzen 3900X | Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme  | G.Skill Trident Z 64GB 3200 MHz  CL14

4 minutes ago, walderston said:

I have been looking at folding.extremeoverclocking.com but the numbers I see there do not match the numbers reported within my log even with giving a 6hr wait. I'll give it a few days and check... I'm new to all of this folding 'stuff'. 

Hi, I saw earlier that that website might also be behind.

Don't worry though, from all the times I've seen that points aren't showing correctly, people have said they are being recorded correctly and that the priority is to make more WUs available rather than get stats fully updated :)

38 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

OOO Well thats the mark to beat then!

Quite the challenge considering that thread was open from August 8th-Nov 6th (the view count, not the comment count.) But at our current rate I think we can do it.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Quite the challenge considering that thread was open from August 8th-Nov 6th (the view count, not the comment count.) But at our current rate I think we can do it.

I hope so, it will be an impressive feat!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I wonder if the folks at Folding At home can put out some numbers at the end of the total power is being comitted to COVID19 crunching.

Would be nice to know how we compare to regular super computers.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q