LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

LTT:PCMR Production delta on last update: +15,249,279‬ for PCMR

Current update: +6,030,605‬ for PCMR

Look at that you beauty!!!! They may have the numbers but damn do we have the FPUs!

last 24 hour delta: +143,243,436‬ for PCMR

Lets try to get that down today!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

go go go!

give us WUs or give us actually idk but whatever

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Just now, Gegger said:

go go go!

give us WUs or give us actually idk but whatever

Folders: Release the WUs

Servers:

Image result for WWII movie gifs

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Best case scenario for me is 7 WUs at once on all the systems I am folding on.

I've got 6 going in this room right now. Should keep me warm with the window cracked (it's -16°C here).

1 minute ago, Victor Golf said:

I've got 6 going in this room right now. Should keep me warm with the window cracked (it's -16°C here).

I'm on 5/7

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I've gotta go to the market today so I'm just going to cough really loudly so people keep their distance... I can show them my dads holiday photos from Spain from a couple weeks ago too!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, Victor Golf said:

That’s.... cold.  I think in F.  32f is 0c and -40f is -40c

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

It's 3C out atm and I gotta go out... this is not going to be fun... The joys of prepping to self isolate means I need to leave the house today... 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

That's just right. It is common to get to below -40 here in February. 

11 minutes ago, Victor Golf said:

That's just right. It is common to get to below -40 here in February. 

Used to get that cold in North Dakota when I was a kid.  Not anymore.  Spit would crackle when it hit the ground.  Haven’t seen a -40 day in a long time.  I think it got to -10 once this winter.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Rest of the house is cold. In my room with my PC during folding right now, nice and toasty.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

8 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Rest of the house is cold. In my room with my PC during folding right now, nice and toasty.

My GPU hit 70C yesterday and I started sweating because, not only was the card that hot, but the entire mobo was radiating a nice steady heat on top of having an oil filled heater on at full blast.

4 minutes ago, LordKitsune said:

My GPU hit 70C yesterday and I started sweating because, not only was the card that hot, but the entire mobo was radiating a nice steady heat on top of having an oil filled heater on at full blast.

I sweat too by simply looking at HWMonitor.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

19 minutes ago, LordKitsune said:

70 °C is fine really, my RTX 2080 is sitting at 74 °C 24/7 still well below 88 °C max temp. Look max temp on the data sheet of your specific model and subtract 10 °C which is then your desired max temp for 24/7. Don't overclock as F@H GPU folding is very sensitive to errors, much more than any game application. Generally AMD cards can reach much higher temps, off the top of my head tmax is 110 °C on a 5700 XT which of course is way too high for 24/7 load. 

Again, everyone concerned with GPU temps is well advised to use MSI afterburner to limit power, dial back factory overclock, set power limit and/or adjuct fanspeed manually or through fan curves. I set a 75 °C temp limit with auto fan control, card is working stable at stock clocks hitting power target of 100% first. Afterburner adjusts the fanspeed automatically to keep the card under the temp limit e.g. if you set 88 °C it will apply lower fanspeeds until the card reaches 88 °C. Setting temp limit too low could result in throttling of the clock speed so choose something moderate still within your comfort zone but not unrealistically low. MSI afterburner works with any NVIDIA or AMD graphics card, any brand and the parameters you can set there are safe.

3 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I smoke(something I'm hoping to quite again at some point) and fold, they are my vices.

Maybe we could fold for a cure to smoking addiction?

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Maybe we could fold for a cure to smoking addiction?

Tbf there are some amazing medications out there to stop the nicotine from activating the reward centre of your brain and it is super effective. Only problem is I cant take it with my other meds.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

22 minutes ago, ShortRouter said:

Don't overclock as F@H GPU folding is very sensitive to errors, much more than any game application.

What would happen if the GPU makes an error? Would the whole WU get scrapped, or would it just do parts of the calculations over, and thus making the processing time longer?

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Tbf there are some amazing medications out there to stop the nicotine from activating the reward centre of your brain and it is super effective. Only problem is I cant take it with my other meds.

I'm sure folding will find a solution to that, folding is always the answer right? :)

Just now, leadeater said:

I'm sure folding will find a solution to that, folding is always the answer right? :)

YES!!! Folding shall fix all that is wrong with the world!

all hail the mighty proteins!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, Daniel_SC said:

What would happen if the GPU makes an error? Would the whole WU get scrapped, or would it just do parts of the calculations over, and thus making the processing time longer?

It depends, usually the unit is aborted as the validity of any result from that work is highly suspect 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Oh, I'm glad I pried a little bit into Wing's unlimited plan before pulling the trigger on it. 30GB hard data cap, though that data is Prioritized. Issue is, after 30, they cut you off completely. I wonder, is it worth trying it for $49.99...

Been using mobile data to transfer and download WUs because it's about 3 to 5 times faster than my home internet.

1 minute ago, 42thgamer said:

Who is stealing all my WUs? If I find your **s grrrrrrr...

Go pick a fight with PCMR's fold team 😜

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

It depends, usually the unit is aborted as the validity of any result from that work is highly suspect 

Huh... Time to dial down my OC I guess, thanks for the info! Wonder if I have lost any WU on that account...

2 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

LTT:PCMR Production delta on last update: +15,249,279‬ for PCMR

Current update: +6,030,605‬ for PCMR

Look at that you beauty!!!! They may have the numbers but damn do we have the FPUs!

last 24 hour delta: +143,243,436‬ for PCMR

Lets try to get that down today!

Most recent update,

Production delta: +2,620,261 for PCMR!

Come on guys, we can do it, just that little bit more!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240