LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

What card is it?
Was it working before?

Try deleting the slot and adding the GPU slot again.

Its an RX580

I've got it working now, I think I had inadvertently done what you had said just before I posted...

Anyways, its all up and Folding again - Thanks for your help (Y)

Computer enthusiast, Filmmaker, Editor, Casual Gamer 

CrystalRidge: AMD R9 3900X ‖ Asus X570-F Gaming ‖ 32GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz ‖ Asus Strix RTX 2070 ‖ BeQuiet Straight Power 10 800W ‖ Corsair H110i (GT) ‖ Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5  (Black) ‖ Samsung SM961 NVMe 256Gb ‖ 10TB Mechanical Storage

7 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Just unplug the HDD LED from the motherboard. It's not like it actually does anything other than occasionally blink at you.

I actually cut-to-size a small piece of a green plastic post it note, stuck it over top, and now I can see it during the day and it doesn’t really project into the room at night anymore.

....but yes unplugging it would work just fine!

23 minutes ago, Spotty said:

You can check server status here.
https://apps.foldingathome.org/serverstats

The servers seem to be online and I can ping them, but there could be other issues causing WUs not to upload.

Edit: Looks like @Gorgon has already reported the issues to F@H.
https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32492&sid=ed699073af4725a37c0724f5dbd1c4ec

Seems like they are in assign mode, that explains why WUs aren't being uploaded

Looks like there have been a lot of people reporting issues with 11758 failing to upload to 155.247.164.213 and 155.247.164.214. Also less common but also reports of 11753 also failing. It appears that F@H have been made aware of the issues over on their forums already. https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32492

I've added this to the known issues notice at the top of the page for now. If you get any of these work units please monitor to see if they are able to successfully upload once completed.

If you are stuck on one of these work loads and it is failing to upload once completed then it is possible to dump the work unit, however this is not recommended unless absolutely necessary! Dumping a work unit will forego any points for completing it and will also count as a failed unit, potentially causing you to lose eligibility for quick return bonuses.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I'm having some success getting WU's but what I am concerned about now is that the project & its description isn't showing up anymore. Checking the logs it appears everything is working fine. Is this something to be concerned about?

Folding@Home 2.PNG

1 minute ago, essasetic said:

I'm having some success getting WU's but what I am concerned about now is that the project & its description isn't showing up anymore. Checking the logs it appears everything is working fine. Is this something to be concerned about?

That happens sometimes with the web control. Sometimes refreshing the page or opening in Incognito browser helps.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Usually for me jsut switching tab between CPU/GPU and back loads it, but you've only got one tab so probably better to try and reload the page

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I finally got a passkey but now my score is reset to 0. 🙄

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

That happens sometimes with the web control. Sometimes refreshing the page or opening in Incognito browser helps.

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Usually for me jsut switching tab between CPU/GPU and back loads it, but you've only got one tab so probably better to try and reload the page

Yeah neither of that is working for me rn. Which is odd as that has generally fixed it before.

3 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

engage big brain energy and use advanced control like a pro gamer

Yeah I've been using that to monitor my container and if it needs a reset. Found the project number there, thanks.

EDIT: The project is unspecified which might explain why nothing is popping up (for those wondering it's 13861).

Stopping the folding on my main rig for now have 3 WU's failing to send results to the server I can't care about the electricity but this is just a waste now...

Hope they can scale up their servers soon.

@yaboistar I think you might have mentioned it already, but what WU were the ones you had stuck on failing to upload? Was it either 11753 or 11758?

when i try to go on folding statistics it only says Bad Gateway.

Is it offline or is something wrong with my connection?

in FAHcontrol i have 2 tasks running 

Folding all night long.

Got my first points for the team and the WUs keep coming.

Unbenannt.png

• CPU
    Intel i7-8700k
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG Maximus X Code
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz
  • GPU
    2x ASUS Strix 1080Ti OC
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal TG
  • Storage
    250GB Samsung 960 EVO
    2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO
    1TB Samsung 860 EVO
    2x 256 GB Samsung NVME SSD
  • PSU
    Corsair HX1000i
  • Display(s)
    Alienware AW3418DW 34" 21:9 1440p
  • Cooling
    Custom watercooling loop with 2x 360 Rad + 1x 560 Rad

Just now, Tomtom5893 said:

when i try to go on folding statistics it only says Bad Gateway.

Is it offline or is something wrong with my connection?

in FAHcontrol i have 2 tasks running 

It's offline check out https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com for stats. May take a few hours after completion to show up .

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

42 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Looks like there have been a lot of people reporting issues with 11758 failing to upload to 155.247.164.213 and 155.247.164.214. Also less common but also reports of 11753 also failing. It appears that F@H have been made aware of the issues over on their forums already. https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32492

I've added this to the known issues notice at the top of the page for now. If you get any of these work units please monitor to see if they are able to successfully upload once completed.

Well shit, I just thought my WU didn't complete and/or EOC was slow to upload points. I had completed one of these WUs two days ago, and it was predicted to be worth 55K points. :(

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

I work in healthcare so no time off from work for me. While I work I've been putting my 1080's to work since PCMR announced the projects for COVID-19 were live. Let's hope they can keep the WU's coming!

CPU: Intel i7 6850K (4GHz core 1.34V, 3.5GHz cache 1.39V)  | Motherboard: ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | RAM: 4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaw 4 (2800MHz 14-15-15-32 1.45V) | GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 FE x2 (+Vega 56 w/ Vega 64 Bios for Folding/Mining) | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | Case: Corsair 900D (Modded to fit a third GPU mounted vertically) | Cooler: Corsair H110i w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14's (+4x Corsair case fans) | Storage: OS: Intel 750 SSD 400GB Fast Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, Samsung 850 Evo 1TB Deep Storage: WD Black 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU (1440p @ 165Hz) + Insignia (1080@60Hz)

image.png.927afe2a98ce77be92cd8af1aabc65d1.png

My smaller GPUs get more work than the 2080 Tis. They sit idle most of the day.

Selective pausing and unpausing seems to help.

15 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

How did we do in folding month 2019? Thats the one to beat!

I'm late to this, but they were 5K comments and 170K views. 

Also as a side note, with so many users signing up at the same time but not entering any details about a username or team number, the "Anonymous" user in Default Team has increased their rate explosively, on track to be the #1 point farm and closing a Twenty five billion point gap in only three months!!!

image.thumb.png.3589cb6596b538017fe16ed4c63378fe.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

41 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

how many fails have they had? have you tried restarting? if they've been stuck for more than 24 hours you may have to manually delete the work units to clear them. it isn't ideal but some of them seem to just not be uploading even though other work units can upload to the same target server just fine.

first one for over 16 hours have restarted a few times to get rid of the long waiting period for retrying but it does not help same issue on my server with my quadro p2000 now 2 wu units not being able to send the results. will keep that running since less power and it runs 24/7 anyway.

Will try another WU tonight to see if it is resolved.