LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

11 minutes ago, ShortRouter said:

Lmao I wanted to include that but I forgot. Here in Europe it's the other way aorund so treat commas as decimal points and vice versa.

Even if I tried my german Excel won't let me use decimals instead of commas. 284 PFLOPS and 57 TFLOPS.

Looking good!

Now if only I could get GPU, WUs

My CPUs are getting one after another, but been hours since my last GPU one :(
"No WUs available for this configuration"

CPUs give so little points as well.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

2 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Looking good!

Now if only I could get GPU, WUs

My CPUs are getting one after another, but been hours since my last GPU one :(
"No WUs available for this configuration"

CPUs give so little points as well.

It was the same here. But I just got one for my GPU too! Maybe check out BOINC in the meantime? It is very similar to F@H

3 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

It was the same here. But I just got one for my GPU too! Maybe check out BOINC in the meantime? It is very similar to F@H

I'm seeing the opposite. GPU WUs and no CPU. So I have BOINC (Rosetta@Home) going on the CPU as well.

6 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

2 minutes ago, Rallymax said:

I'm seeing the opposite. GPU WUs and no CPU. So I have BOINC (Rosetta@Home) going on the CPU as well.

Yesterday I had that. I wonder why that is? Just luck?

3 minutes ago, Rallymax said:

and as soon as I said that.... now no WUs. :(

3 hours ago, Daniel_SC said:

I had the same issue. Didn't get one at first, but tried my old hotmail account, and got one within a few hours. I think the Gmail spam monster ate it...

Even the spam monster wouldn’t be so bad if I could actually access the pile they throw it in.  I’ve got an old account and they’ve renamed things several times.  I can find the stuff in search under one of ther “there are also these”. Subsections but it will only show the top two hits so I have to know more or less exactly what I am searching for by name.

I have got to get off gmail period.  I’ve known it for years.  It’s hard.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Rallymax said:

Just now, 42thgamer said:

My Mac gets WU's non-stop. Finish CPU, upload, and get a new one. Sadly it doesn't support GPU workloads with F@H despite having a Radeon Pro in there. :(

It's the most consistent machine out of my three. Always busy

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Even the spam monster wouldn’t be so bad if I could actually access the pile they throw it in.  I’ve got an old account and they’ve renamed things several times.  I can find the stuff in search under one of ther “there are also these”. Subsections but it will only show the top two hits so I have to know more or less exactly what I am searching for by name.

I have got to get off gmail period.  I’ve known it for years.  It’s hard.

I was thinking it was the spam filter too but I ultimately got my passkey email on my gmail and never got it on my work email - and it's not in my work email spam server quarantine.

so I'm kinda stumped.

6 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

My Mac gets WU's non-stop. Finish CPU, upload, and get a new one. Sadly it doesn't support GPU workloads with F@H despite having a Radeon Pro in there. :(

It's the most consistent machine out of my three. Always busy

Hmmm, do they optimize for the type of system you have? I know boinc does it for nividia gpus and amd ones. But not sure about the rest...

Had the upload error but let it try a few times. It got there in the end.

https://i.gyazo.com/92ce3c3cd5587d932f66fdd3282ab4f5.png

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

My WUs are uploading but I'm getting a lot less points than what the log says I got.

8 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Had the upload error but let it try a few times. It got there in the end.

https://i.gyazo.com/92ce3c3cd5587d932f66fdd3282ab4f5.png

I’ve a project trying to upload since yesterday, it’s depreciated in points from over 100k, down to 70k at the moment. Hopefully it goes up

57 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

Yeah, think its just luck actually. Mine has been working non-stop on both cpu and gpu for 20 hours, and closing in to 600k. 

15 minutes ago, Hitcowman said:

Yeah, think its just luck actually. Mine has been working non-stop on both cpu and gpu for 20 hours, and closing in to 600k. 

Lucky man!

I've been trying to send a GPU project for ages, and for just as long waiting to get another one. I think with all the new people, F@H just can't expand their servers quick enough.
If only the CPU projects I got were worth some decent points.It's stalled my progress to a crawl having several idle GPUs.Screenshot_905.png.9028df568195155aad5dbeaa683bd901.png

Screenshot_908.png.8f086a60ee9b592feb51daf53ddc2be2.png

2 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Lucky man!

I've been trying to send a GPU project for ages, and for just as long waiting to get another one. I think with all the new people, F@H just can't expand their servers quick enough.
If only the CPU projects I got were worth some decent points.It's stalled my progress to a crawl having several idle GPUs.Screenshot_905.png.9028df568195155aad5dbeaa683bd901.png

Guess im just lucky indeed. 
image.png.efcafc30b27e4cf4b488eb80fdecf630.png
Mine is costantly running like this. Takes at most 5 mins to get a new GPU wu. 

1 minute ago, Hitcowman said:

Guess im just lucky indeed. 

Mine is costantly running like this. Takes at most 5 mins to get a new GPU wu. 

You'll fly me by by tomorrow at that rate.

Damn shame, I hate seeing idle machines on my end.

Edit: Speak of the Devil! It's finally got one! Sadly only on the main rig, nothing downstairs yet.
Screenshot_909.png.3c6e732892c4b2a41fdbc731dc97a0f6.png

Just now, Valentyn said:

You'll fly me by by tomorrow at that rate.

Damn shame, I hate seeing idle machines on my end.

Edit: Speak of the Devil! It's finally got one! Sadly only on the main rig, nothing downstairs yet.
Screenshot_909.png.3c6e732892c4b2a41fdbc731dc97a0f6.png

Yeh its a shame indeed. That rig and no one takes benefit of that power :/ 

I'm glad i get some atleast. Buildt a "echonomy" folder for the cause and it ended up to become alittle more than just a budget folder 😛 

Yeh its a shame indeed. That rig and no one takes benefit of that power :/ 

I'm glad i get some atleast. Buildt a "echonomy" folder for the cause and it ended up to become alittle more than just a budget folder 😛 

That's always the case! I've not touched folding since my old 8800GTX and 8800Ultra. This was worth it, since work sent me a workstation to work from home with, and these can be put to use during those hours.

Now if only they had GPU Work Units for MacOS; those Radeon Pros could be chugging along after work hours :(

3 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

That's always the case! I've not touched folding since my old 8800GTX and 8800Ultra. This was worth it, since work sent me a workstation to work from home with, and these can be put to use during those hours.

Now if only they had GPU Work Units for MacOS; those Radeon Pros could be chugging along after work hours :(

Shame its not being used. Also a shame that the Radeons in the Mac is "useless" for the cause. Lets hope they fix that!

Keep up the good work mate, we are finally in the time of the revenge of the nerds!

26 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Lucky man!

I have the exact same issue. F@H reconfigured server 155.247.164.214 to assignment of WU only not collection & asssingment. So I have a WU that will probably never be collected.

Shame its not being used. Also a shame that the Radeons in the Mac is "useless" for the cause. Lets hope they fix that!

Keep up the good work mate, we are finally in the time of the revenge of the nerds!

Surprisingly the Mac's CPU WU's net some nice credits compared to my Windows Workstations.

It's constantly getting some juicy credit WUs, and it constantly getting work. Almost as if BSD is prioritised over Windows for me.

2025295890_Screenshot2020-03-19at19_06_28.thumb.PNG.a4bdc6a0cbadd22ac21461048d2eea93.PNG

10 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Surprisingly the Mac's CPU WU's net some nice credits compared to my Windows Workstations.

It's constantly getting some juicy credit WUs, and it constantly getting work. Almost as if BSD is prioritised over Windows for me.

2025295890_Screenshot2020-03-19at19_06_28.thumb.PNG.a4bdc6a0cbadd22ac21461048d2eea93.PNG

Huh, strange. 
Maybe it's a case of give and take? 
But i do think that the more heavy CPU work with high points will get assigned to the more powerfull CPU's. Noticed that the Threadripper 2950x also hit those numbers easy, while the Ryzen 2-3000 get like 20% of that. 

Another prize added by @Rbleattler

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

15 minutes ago, Hitcowman said:

Huh, strange. 
Maybe it's a case of give and take? 
But i do think that the more heavy CPU work with high points will get assigned to the more powerfull CPU's. Noticed that the Threadripper 2950x also hit those numbers easy, while the Ryzen 2-3000 get like 20% of that. 

If only they could do the same for some GPUs

20 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

If only they could do the same for some GPUs

I think its alittle harder to do that with the GPU's. 
Like my CPU is showing up correct, with right ammount of cores etc. It's a "fixed" number it has to relate to.
While my GPU is being detectet as a Radeon 5600-5700XT, witch means it cant detect the exact model, and considering that the core on those cards vary from 1500 to over 2000mhz and v-ram is from 4 to 8gb, it might be harder for them to make a system that gives priority to better GPUs. Atleast untill they are able to seperate cards more in detail.  
Edit: And as  Linus has showed us many times, it's not hard to trick a system into thinking it has a kickass card, og a card to think its more kickass than it really is 😛