LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

7 minutes ago, BrewThatStew said:

Thank you, TVA

It's dam good ;)

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

Adding another one to the mix. This i7 + 1060 normally live in a Pelican case, but in the off-chance it manages to get 100% usage on CPU+GPU I decided to take it out for more cooling. That makes the total 1x Ryzen 1700, 1x i7 7700, 2x i9 7800X, 1x 1080ti, and 3x 1060s. Let's hope those WUs keep following.

IMG_20200319_170225.jpg

24 minutes ago, BrewThatStew said:

Anyone on here running really old hardware? Oldest I'm running currently is an early Core 2 Duo. I want to get my Compaq Deskpro EN with a Slot 1 PIII up and running with Mint and FAH. I tried a Pentium D but all it did was heat the room and take longer, so I swapped back in the lower clocked C2D.

im running a '09 zeon. i am not gonna even try that on my athlon

26 minutes ago, FakeGamerGuy said:

Adding another one to the mix. This i7 + 1060 normally live in a Pelican case, but in the off-chance it manages to get 100% usage on CPU+GPU I decided to take it out for more cooling. That makes the total 1x Ryzen 1700, 1x i7 7700, 2x i9 7800X, 1x 1080ti, and 3x 1060s. Let's hope those WUs keep following.

-snip_

love that noctua cooling boost for the PSU! But why is it pulling upwards?

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

3 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

its not

3 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

It's not? The Noctua fan appears to be mounted so that it is blowing air towards the PSU.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

6 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

It's not; the side that the hub is mounted to should be the exhaust side. The fan is there to help feed the GPU and create positive pressure to push the warm air out (it makes sense if you could see the system in the case).

Edit: photos were moved to the cloud so I couldn't find them in my file browser.

IMG_20200207_153142.jpg

36 minutes ago, FakeGamerGuy said:

That makes the total 1x Ryzen 1700, 1x i7 7700, 2x i9 7800X, 1x 1080ti, and 3x 1060s

what temps are you getting on your i9s and are they stock or overclocked? i have mine at 4Ghz for avx with custom loop and delidded and it sits at 90c - 95c.

F@H Stats

My PC

CPU: Delidded i9 7900x @ 4.6Ghz AVX offset -6

MB: MSI x299 Gaming M7 ACK

GPU: 2 x MSI 1080ti Gaming X @ +120Mhz Core and +500 Memory Clock

RAM: 4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz

PSU: Corsair AX1200i

Cooling: 1 x 420mm Radiator Custom Loop Cooling CPU + GPU

1 minute ago, Random1 said:

what temps are you getting on your i9s and are they stock or overclocked? i have mine at 4Ghz for avx with custom loop and delidded and it sits at 90c - 95c.

They're all 100% stock (aside from XMP) on 120mm AIOs. Temps depends on when I monitor them since they're at work and the room they're in gets down to 38-45 Freedoms at night. They should be running around 65 under full load but I can remote in and check if you're interested.

1 minute ago, FakeGamerGuy said:

They're all 100% stock (aside from XMP) on 120mm AIOs. Temps depends on when I monitor them since they're at work and the room they're in gets down to 38-45 Freedoms at night. They should be running around 65 under full load but I can remote in and check if you're interested.

Nah all good, seems like i might need to turn my overclock off if i want to use mine. Thanks for the info.

F@H Stats

My PC

7 minutes ago, Random1 said:

Nah all good, seems like i might need to turn my overclock off if i want to use mine. Thanks for the info.

Curiosity got the best of me lol. These i9s are my company's workstation machines that we typically use in live video productions, so overclocking is a big no-no lol.image.thumb.png.b71841840f38b2ca0e7274c93b8abbaf.png

4 minutes ago, FakeGamerGuy said:

Curiosity got the best of me lol. These i9s are my company's workstation machines that we typically use in live video productions, so overclocking is a big no-no lol

hahahaha fair enough, and yeah makes sense that overclocking a company's machine is a big no-no, and solid temps definitely going to have to pull mine back a bit so i can fully utilize my system.

F@H Stats

My PC

37 minutes ago, Spotty said:

It's not? The Noctua fan appears to be mounted so that it is blowing air towards the PSU.

38 minutes ago, Datsat7 said:

its not

whooopsi. Yeha on the second pic I did see it lol.

Getting crazy here in quarantine :D

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Back to CPU folding, got my giant heatsink installed and I'm not very impressed by the drop in temps but it's a hell of a lot more palatable on my ears! The heat sink and rear case fan line up so all the CPU heat is ejected from the case perfectly!

1 hour ago, BrewThatStew said:

Anyone on here running really old hardware? Oldest I'm running currently is an early Core 2 Duo. I want to get my Compaq Deskpro EN with a Slot 1 PIII up and running with Mint and FAH. I tried a Pentium D but all it did was heat the room and take longer, so I swapped back in the lower clocked C2D.

First gen i5 on my laptop. Maybe tomorrow I'll add a Centrino

44 minutes ago, FakeGamerGuy said:

It's not; the side that the hub is mounted to should be the exhaust side. The fan is there to help feed the GPU and create positive pressure to push the warm air out (it makes sense if you could see the system in the case).

Edit: photos were moved to the cloud so I couldn't find them in my file browser.

Now that's sexy

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

Hi guys, I noticed this evening that my GPU slot has gone from constantly trying to download a new WU, to being "failed". Any ideas what it is and how I can fix it?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

8 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Hi guys, I noticed this evening that my GPU slot has gone from constantly trying to download a new WU, to being "failed". Any ideas what it is and how I can fix it?

Can you post a screenshot of the status tab as well as copy paste the recent errors in the logs in to a code tag?

If restarting the client/PC doesn't work then try deleting the slot and adding it again.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

This is after almost 2 days....I've included some of the CPU temps...not looking too shabby.

Folding progress.jpg

2 minutes ago, garydeppenbaugh said:

This is after almost 2 days....I've included some of the CPU temps...not looking too shabby.

Folding progress.jpg

Why are you paused?

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

On 3/18/2020 at 5:20 AM, KURPz said:

Hey i need help. i just poped my 970 in for this and it wont youse any of my gpus. help

It’s because there’s not enough wus to go around, my gpu has been sitting idle basically all day.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

It’s because there’s not enough wus to go around, my gpu has been sitting idle basically all day.

Also @KURPz has set his folding power slider to Light, which disables the GPUs.

The Power slider has three positions and two running options:

• Light
    • CPU is Folding at half speed, GPU Folding is off.
  • Medium
    • CPU is Folding at three-quarter speed. GPU Folding is on. This is the default setting, and recommended for most users.
  • Full
    • CPU is Folding at full speed. GPU Folding is on. This is the most productive setting. Will cause fans to run faster and may produce more heat.

Just now, Spotty said:

Also @KURPz has set his folding power slider to Light, which disables the GPUs.

Ah didn’t catch that.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

I'm Glad to see F@H back at the forefront and so many people participating ❤️

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]