What do you drive?

BecauseICanTBH
1 hour ago, RonnieOP said:

hit the gas

Like flushing a toilet...

My Abarth 128 did 10MPG, but to be fair, it was set up as a rally car.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2015 Peugeot 208 diesel manual!! 

(It’s a company car, I’ll never buy my own car.)

14 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Like flushing a toilet...

My Abarth 128 did 10MPG, but to be fair, it was set up as a rally car.

Yea its parked basically 90% of the year. But its a lot of fun to drive.

When we get a big snow me and the kids drive around and will spend hours pulling stuck cars out of the snow. a few years ago on the way to work I helped a stuck state trooper out of the snow. He asked if there was anything he could do for me and as a joke i said "well my wife has these driving tickets that are gonna cost me an arm and a leg to pay off" and he legit took care of them. saved me $450 lol.

Mk3 Reliant Robin with a Fiat Seicento engine shoehorned into it. Also got an Alfa 156 TS but hardly drive it.

26 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

2015 Peugeot 208 diesel manual!! 

(It’s a company car, I’ll never buy my own car.)

That's the most European car possible.  French?  Compact?  Diesel?  Check!  Mind you, diesel won't last much longer in Europe at the rate things are going.

Just now, Founders said:

2008 VW Passat - 6 speed manual - 2.0t

Spoiler

0FBEB646-9915-4C4F-A7D7-86DE8842A0F3.jpeg

One of the most popular cars in my country, there are one of these everywhere.No, it's not Germany xD

2004 Toyota Corolla, it's both my daily driver and a project car, and I love it! Turns out even a pretty weak car like this can be super fun with its manual transmission, and it's surprisingly quick around corners. I'm hoping to take it to Virginia International Raceway this summer as well.

_MG_3726.thumb.JPG.72182f6c02787f313a68236e370e81e9.JPG

_MG_3732.thumb.JPG.c39d329599645e9eb4134faaa29a894a.JPG

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Toyota Yaris III (pre-fl), 99 horses under the bonnet, very zippy

image.thumb.png.2835ea0a1e167b39b47310360140edaa.png

I don't drive, I have no car. I prefer to use public transport and, for longer distances, trains and airplanes. I don't use bikes, I believe it to be too dangerous in today's traffic (at least with my set of biking skills).

25 minutes ago, Commodus said:

That's the most European car possible.  French?  Compact?  Diesel?  Check!  Mind you, diesel won't last much longer in Europe at the rate things are going.

AND it's a manual. It's definitely European if it's a stick. If only it were a 90s brown wagon, then Jalopnik would slobber all over it lmao

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Don't have a picture to hand, but I currently drive a 2012 ford KA zetec. cos I'm only driving to university and back really, it's perfect for city driving, but once I finally graduate I'm going to need something a bit sturdier to take on motorway traffic most days, so I'm looking at the mini paceman, VW scirocco and Alfa Romeo Giulietta at the minute. Sadly the Honda CRZ is a bit too pricey on insurance, otherwise I'd quite like one of those, or an old audi TT.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Hmm I have owned a good amount of vehicles.

My First vehicle was a S-15 pickup with a 350 small block chevy dropped in it. Was a project car me and my dad did and it broke lots of hearts.

After I got tired of 8 MPG I purchased a Camaro Z28 and drove it for a very long time.

Moved from the south to the north and after almost dying what felt like 5000 times the first winter here I decided to sell the camaro in lieu of something front wheel drive so I settled on a Mazda 3 speed.

Also should note I was very much into the crotch-rocket scene so there were about 5 bikes in here too I owned. A 03 zx 636, and 06 zx636, a 05 zx10r, a 09 Gsxr 1000, and then lastly a Ninja H2 (basically an R after all the mods). All of which are no longer owned by me since I am a "daddy" and selling them was easier than dealing with the wife constantly on how I was going to leave my kids without a father....

Anyways back on topic.

I purchased a Ford Edge Sport after the mazda 3 and the teenager inherits that car in about 3 months when he turns 16

I also decided to treat myself to a BWM X5, which is what my 2.5 yr old twins get driven around in... meaning it has basically been taken over by the wife.

I am really considering the new mid engine Corvette as my next summer vehicle, but waiting to see what other versions come out in the next year or so... for all I know I might just wait for the new Tesla sports car.

I guess the positive thing here is I am at a point in my life and career where I can actually justify spending more on a really nice car and it not setting me back financially. I remember buying that Z28 as a young adult and struggle to make all the payments at various points in my life. 

Last car was a Nissan Sentra I bought in 2012 and about 3 weeks ago I bought the last 2019 Nissan Sentra on the lot which had all the options I was looking for :)

I originally has a Pontiac which eventually bit the dust due to an electrical problem which I traded in for the Nissan.

IMG_20200202_131747.thumb.jpg.e99a59b4a1d78535383950b04c94b802.jpg

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Bought a 2 year old Volkswagen High Up! to drive to work everyday.

I don't need a larger/faster car since I'm traveling alone anyways.

car.thumb.png.db605ec7b7b41214fb7958903019d633.png

Just wish Volkswagen would have put a small turbo in it to boost performance (advertised as 60HP but more like 20/25HP at normal RPMs) and to improve the fuel economy on the highway.

The fuel usage goes up quite dramatically over 90 kph which means I tend to stick behind lorries, which is quite relaxing actually.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

Currently drive a Honda CRV-EX, it's great for icy and gravely UK country roads, practical aswell, similar to this:

Image result for 2020 honda crv ex

Also have a 2018 Ford Transit-250 for moving stuff around, which I drive just as much as the CRV.

Image result for 2018 ford transit

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

It depends. Usually, I drive a 2016 F150, but when it's time to go play, I take my 1980 Toyota pickup. 

Spoiler

received_2262560767117945.thumb.jpg.5ed6d9c58f0b9200a200cb2b091578f3.jpg20180628_193216.jpg.6bab084ec20f6fa4fbdce110b61a1db7.jpg

IMG_20181220_121844.thumb.jpg.9dc304b7252a41a58c8c0b23f18cd90c.jpg

Edited by Voluspa
Added one more of the little Toyota that could.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

It’s a strange world in France because they’re always boasting innovation and ecology. And yet diesel is significantly cheaper than gasoline and automatic transmissions are rarer than unicorns and people genuinely fear them. 

Moreover, French cars are hilariously underpowered compared to their overly aggressive exterior. Because you really need a massive front grille to cool that puny 85hp engine which fits under the hood with plenty of space to spare. 

1 minute ago, kokakolia said:

It’s a strange world in France because they’re always boasting innovation and ecology. And yet diesel is significantly cheaper than gasoline and automatic transmissions are rarer than unicorns and people genuinely fear them. 

Moreover, French cars are hilariously underpowered compared to their overly aggressive exterior. Because you really need a massive front grille to cool that puny 85hp engine which fits under the hood with plenty of space to spare. 

Yeah, it is an odd situation... although it seems like they're reconciling things somewhat by moving to electric cars like the Renault Zoe and Paris' current plans to kick out combustion cars.  It's unwise to make an underpowered, emission-spewing car when it likely won't be allowed in your largest city 10 years from now!

1994 Ford Bronco, 5.0 V8 with GT40 heads, self ported intake manifold, long tube headers and true dual exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers. It may be a rusty POS but it moves really well.

1981 Mercedes Benz 280E

2009 Tomos Sprint

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

29 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Yeah, it is an odd situation... although it seems like they're reconciling things somewhat by moving to electric cars like the Renault Zoe and Paris' current plans to kick out combustion cars.  It's unwise to make an underpowered, emission-spewing car when it likely won't be allowed in your largest city 10 years from now!

10 years!!? Bwahaha!! That won’t happen. Especially with French people. They’re stubborn. They will go on strike. Riot. 

Manufacturers are doing a disappointing job at developing electric vehicles because they don’t sell many. Like not many at all. And the scale of electric car production is not enough to bring the cost down. So in order to improve yearly CO2 emission targets it’s best for companies to improve combustion engines over developing electric vehicles.

We’re gonna be using combustion engines in the next 20 or 30 years, easily. 

3 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

One of the most popular cars in my country, there are one of these everywhere.No, it's not Germany xD

I’m not surprised. I bought mine almost 10 years ago, lightly used, and I’m going to drive it until it drops. I’m planning on getting something a bit better on fuel when ever that happens to be. I’m thinking about getting a lightly used Civic si, but I haven’t decided yet. 

2 hours ago, mathijs727 said:

Bought a 2 year old Volkswagen High Up! to drive to work everyday.

I don't need a larger/faster car since I'm traveling alone anyways.

car.thumb.png.db605ec7b7b41214fb7958903019d633.png

Just wish Volkswagen would have put a small turbo in it to boost performance (advertised as 60HP but more like 20/25HP at normal RPMs) and to improve the fuel economy on the highway.

The fuel usage goes up quite dramatically over 90 kph which means I tend to stick behind lorries, which is quite relaxing actually.

What an adorable little car. They don’t have those in the US. We’re a market currently ruled by crossovers and SUV’s. 

2010 Toyota Yaris, with about 3m of red tape holding parts of it together and many slightly off red patches where I have painted some scratches. If you don't know about the work you hardly notice it..

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

A 2007 E90 MSport

Image result for silver 2007 e90 m sport

^^^Not my actual car, I haven't taken pics of mine ?

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

10 years!!? Bwahaha!! That won’t happen. Especially with French people. They’re stubborn. They will go on strike. Riot. 

Manufacturers are doing a disappointing job at developing electric vehicles because they don’t sell many. Like not many at all. And the scale of electric car production is not enough to bring the cost down. So in order to improve yearly CO2 emission targets it’s best for companies to improve combustion engines over developing electric vehicles.

We’re gonna be using combustion engines in the next 20 or 30 years, easily. 

Well, there's what Paris wants to do and what will actually happen.  I suspect 2040 would be a more realistic goal.

Keep in mind that we're at a tipping point for EVs.  It looks small apart from Tesla because most of the big brands have yet to roll out their planned mainstream (or semi-mainstream) EVs.  VW, Ford, Mercedes... they all plan to have more accessible cars available either this year or within the next two years or so.  We probably will be using ICE cars for the next 20-30 years, but I suspect sales for them will have dropped sharply by then if they haven't stopped completely.