What rule would you add to football?

AndreiArgeanu

So, I have some coursework where I have two sports and I write about them like a guide with regulations, rules, officials and what not. Now I did create a new rule for one of my sports. However for the other sport which is football I do not really have a clue what rule I could add to the game to improve. So basically I'm hoping someone here has an idea of a rule that would improve the game.

I also have to say about the rule like how would it affect the game positively and negatively but I don't need help with that.

So, I'd be very thankfull if someone can come up with a good rule. Thanks!

One fan from each team randomly selected from an upper deck get's a decently high powered air rifle and a box of bb's and/or pellets. 

People in the end zone sections are allowed laser pointers. 

Do you mean proper football... or the american hand egg kind?

If it's proper football, then add a rule about faking/diving getting a red card... I fucking hate that crap and it takes away from a very skilful game.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

On-demand VAR, with a fixed number of calls per team. VAR can be helpful, but the randomness in whether it's checked at all to begin with turns it into a joke.

Anytime a sportsplayer falls, another ball is added to the game.

I don't care which football you mean.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

are we talking real football where you actually use your feet to play with..

or illogical HANDEGG Ball, also refereed to as American Football. 

All game play, including timeouts, etc. must take place within a certain amount of time. Period! I'm sick and tired of sporting events of any kind running over the time allotted on TV and preempting a TV show that was scheduled to be shown after the game.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

2 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Thank you all for the ideas. 

BTW, I'm from UK so when I mean football, I mean soccer. 

Soccer it's like little girls game. FOOTBALL it's for REAL man's game

first order of business, either get rid of FIFA (the organization not the shitty game) or revamp it significantly.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 hour ago, D.U.F.F. said:

Soccer it's like little girls game. FOOTBALL it's for REAL man's game

Nothing more manly than being covered in plastic with more armour than marines, and wearing tight spandex trousers, right? 

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

5 minutes ago, wANKER said:

covered in plastic

It sounds misleading last night, which included call girls and lots of alcohol

19 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

On-demand VAR, with a fixed number of calls per team. VAR can be helpful, but the randomness in whether it's checked at all to begin with turns it into a joke.

Back when VAR was introduced, I thought the teams playing would be able to request a review upon a call, but ultimately the decision to check is up to the referee and it baffles me that the referee - and his assistants - to decide the final call on whether to review it.

Would definitely be in favour of teams being able to request a VAR check, say perhaps 3 max per game, so that the referee is required to check the footage back for maximum transparency on a play.

20 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

add a rule about faking/diving getting a red card... I fucking hate that crap and it takes away from a very skilful game.

Neymar, Ronaldo, and Suarez wouldn't even be able to play 10 minutes on the field.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Everyone needs to play in platemail

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

19 hours ago, wANKER said:

Nothing more manly than being covered in plastic with more armour than marines, and wearing tight spandex trousers, right? 

Yeah... it's more like a girly version of Rugb which is played by men with odd shaped balls.

Much like Baseball is just a deformed version of rounders... also commonly played by girls.  :)

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

4 hours ago, Anomnomnomaly said:

Yeah... it's more like a girly version of Rugb which is played by men with odd shaped balls.

Much like Baseball is just a deformed version of rounders... also commonly played by girls.  :)

And how would you know that the men had odd shaped balls?

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

1. I hate what they have done to the kickoff.  Instead they should use a glorified free kick/punk similar to what Mike Westhoff or Greg Schianno suggested.  It would cut down on concussions but still be interesting.  Now many kicks are touch backs and the onsides kick is dead.

2. player safety is important but there are way too many ticky tack calls for roughing the passer.  I would keep the new rule that you can't drive the QB into the ground with your weight, but I'd relax the rule on hits to the QB when the QB throws the ball and the defensive player is 2 steps away.  I WOULD allow a solid hit, and brushing the QBs face/head with your hand would no longer be a penalty.

There are far too many minor penalties called on questionable violations.

This is how you are suppose to play soccer(foot ball). 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2019 at 7:50 PM, Lady Fitzgerald said:

And how would you know that the men had odd shaped balls?

As a former casual rugby player during my school days... I can confirm.  :)

On 10/13/2019 at 6:58 PM, AndreiArgeanu said:

So, I have some coursework where I have two sports and I write about them like a guide with regulations, rules, officials and what not. Now I did create a new rule for one of my sports. However for the other sport which is football I do not really have a clue what rule I could add to the game to improve. So basically I'm hoping someone here has an idea of a rule that would improve the game.

I also have to say about the rule like how would it affect the game positively and negatively but I don't need help with that.

So, I'd be very thankfull if someone can come up with a good rule. Thanks!

well you talking CFL Football league or NFL Football league?

4 downs in the nfl is just laziness imo

3 downs takes more skill in the game

another rule would be to pay the cfl football players more.