Epic Games announces a slew of more EGS exclusives, including The Outer Worlds and Heavy Rain

Delicieuxz
7 minutes ago, Daiyus said:

I can't defend EGS, but this "Steam only" attitude is just as shortsighted.

Well you're quoting from someone who despise "EXCLUSIVE" because not only its so annoying (as if we don't have enough) but it would likely to prevent the Devs to earn more money...because apparently there's large number of people who have the same opinion as mine.

STEAM is the best games distribution platform, Sure it has its flaws just like the rest but it is the largest for a reason and most people use steam more than anything else.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

been on steam since it launched, I love valve games, i think gaben is a genuinely great dude but valve been sleeping on the job

tim and tencent just giving them a little wake up smack,

i now deeply regret watching faraaz khan playing the entirety of Detroit last year

7 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

STEAM is the best games distribution platform, Sure it has its flaws just like the rest but it is the largest for a reason and most people use steam more than anything else.

Sorry, but GOG is the best. Steam sucks a pile of steaming dog turd when compared to GOG. 

Never judge about quality by numbers. Shit ton of people like 6ix9ine, but that doesn't make him good rapper

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

1 minute ago, Quadriplegic said:

Sorry, but GOG is the best. Steam sucks a pile of steaming dog turd when compared to GOG. 

*Behind the keyboard

image.png.8a04bb030ea29b20a4d4706f045a994f.png

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

When everyone is debating over EGS Exslusives and you didn't care because you're gonna pirate the games simply because you had enough of this freakin exclusives BS

image.png.2c090a5e7ae89bbb645b8649a98e7896.png

Seriously though, i wish i can buy the games..but with all of the problems with EGS..i say Nay..

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Wonder how much it cost Epic Games to get these games exclusively.

A girl who loves to love.

4 minutes ago, Aimi said:

Wonder how much it cost Epic Games to get these games exclusively.

Tim Sweeney at gdc yesterday said he especially thanked Sony for some lifting of restrictions or something like that

im sure it was in connection with fortnite but these games were sony exclusives so who knows

making dem deals with sony cant be cheap

but Tim is worth about 7 billion himself so no worries lol

37 minutes ago, kilgore_T said:

been on steam since it launched, I love valve games, i think gaben is a genuinely great dude but valve been sleeping on the job

tim and tencent just giving them a little wake up smack,

Gabe deserves credit for using steam to trigger the PC gaming resurgence at a time when retail sales were flagging and everybody predicted PC gaming will die. Personally it changed me from being a pirate to a legitimate customer and I am glad the physical disc days are gone.

But him and Valve have now (mostly) lost their reputation only due to their own fault. And it's not because of steam, It's because of how they have fallen apart as a game developer which is indicative of the problems in the company.

2 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Gabe deserves credit for using steam to trigger the PC gaming resurgence at a time when retail sales were flagging and everybody predicted PC gaming will die. Personally it changed me from being a pirate to a legitimate customer and I am glad the physical disc days are gone.

But him and Valve have now (mostly) lost their reputation only due to their own fault. And it's not because of steam, It's because of how they have fallen apart as a game developer which is indicative of the problems in the company.

ye totally agree, where is the creative content? makes me a little sad, but hopefully this is the wake up call for them to get some games out the door and stop relying on all that steam money

Yar har diddly dee.....

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

What's the deal with this Epic hate train?Before their store everyone complained how Steam had no competition, what has changed now?It's as if most users who complain are Steam bots.Thanks to Epic (probably?) PC gamers now have access to console exclusives.I wonder how they have managed to do that, it would be crazy to pump large amounts of money to developers of these exclusives.

47 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

What's the deal with this Epic hate train?Before their store everyone complained how Steam had no competition, what has changed now?It's as if most users who complain are Steam bots.Thanks to Epic (probably?) PC gamers now have access to console exclusives.I wonder how they have managed to do that, it would be crazy to pump large amounts of money to developers of these exclusives.

Much of the disdain comes from Epic securing third-party titles that were originally slated to arrive on platforms like Steam and GoG at launch and advertised as such before suddenly announcing the exclusivity deal.

If it’s console exclusives arriving on PC with the help of Epic’s deals (and these games weren’t slated to launch on Steam until after), then we’re in a totally different goalpost. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

3 hours ago, williamcll said:

What's this about violating EU laws?

Ah they were caught collecting and sharing user data, and using opt-out options if customers wanted to turn it off ( then again they didn't state from the get go they'd collect or state what the info will be used for ). Which also involved like 5+minute process to even get through the account setting to get to to where the buttons were.

Despite not even mentioning their intent to collect data, or giving you the option to opt in before they start - which is the procedure under the GDPR. So they clearly violated the GDPR.

Their procedure for deleting/closing accounts can also take several days of back of forth emails; instead of complying in a timely and professional manner; and they also do not have an easy portal to download all user collected data, with an option to simply prevent collection, or easy deletion.
All of which are required under GDPR.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

12 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

The Outer Worlds

mad.gif.2f43a41ab3c0c153cdf2023e03fb6ba4.gif

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Well you're quoting from someone who despise "EXCLUSIVE" because not only its so annoying (as if we don't have enough) but it would likely to prevent the Devs to earn more money...because apparently there's large number of people who have the same opinion as mine.

So you despise exclusives but refuse to use anything but Steam?

I'm sorry but that makes no sense at all. Wanting no exclusives I get, I don't like exclusives either. Part of that means I have to support multiple storefronts; I go to where the game is cheapest. If people were to only do business with one storefront, and only use the "best" one then no other storefront could exist, nobody would use it. Everything would by nature be exclusive to the one storefront that everyone used. This is how monopolies are made, and they're nothing but bad news for consumers.

Like I said, I can't defend EGS exclusivity practices, but refusing to use anything other than Steam is just as bad.

Where can i make a petition to EU to slap Epic with a 5Bil$ fine for anti-competitive practices using exclusives store. Maybe add xbox and ps4 on that list while at it...

If Valve wanted to seem more like the good guy, they would come out saying something like if a company shows them the ammount of money Epic wants to pay then for exclusivity, Valve would pay them 70% or something of that to make them not be exclusive.

It's just an idea....

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

32 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

i... don't think valve can afford to 70% too often...? o_o

Well, probably not, but 70% was just an example and they didn't have to do it every time. 

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

2 hours ago, Daiyus said:

So you despise exclusives but refuse to use anything but Steam?

I'm sorry but that makes no sense at all. Wanting no exclusives I get, I don't like exclusives either. Part of that means I have to support multiple storefronts; I go to where the game is cheapest. If people were to only do business with one storefront, and only use the "best" one then no other storefront could exist, nobody would use it. Everything would by nature be exclusive to the one storefront that everyone used. This is how monopolies are made, and they're nothing but bad news for consumers.

Like I said, I can't defend EGS exclusivity practices, but refusing to use anything other than Steam is just as bad.

you misunderstand my point and  ur reply is just a misunderstanding..

it was a hyperbole..of course i am not just using steam..and if u think it somehow doesnt make sense..it does because steam doesnt have exclusives..

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

15 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Is Epic Games becoming EA 2.0?

Worse than that.

They totally anger the hardcore gamers.

It takes a while until they influence the Normie Gamers...

I hope that Epic will go under after a year or two...

Even though they are responsible for the Gears of War Series...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

9 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

you misunderstand my point and  ur reply is just a misunderstanding..

it was a hyperbole..of course i am not just using steam..and if u think it somehow doesnt make sense..it does because steam doesnt have exclusives..

To be clear on this, steam does not have any contractually obligated paid exclusives.

They do have some exclusives, simply based on the fact that some devs decided not to sell via any other store, but those devs have the freedom to do so at any time...

13 hours ago, RotoCoreOne said:

I want to apologize for my opinions first and foremost:

1. I don't understand what the hubbub is all about against EGS. It's not like I have to buy a new PC to be able to use it separate from steam.

2. There have been other games stores (gog) but I wouldn't say that they compete with steam, so I don't know how, other than exclusivity, EGS can actually take marketshare and compete against steam.

3. I rarely browse the steam store these days, there's so many many games that I feel are total waste of time and it's hard to filter out the decent and good games (talking about indie games here).

4. I understand EGS doesn't have as many features as Steam, but Steam has had years to work on these features. As far as I know, EGS is less than a year old(?)

Please shed some light because I really don't get the hate.

Dude i relay don't get it either, i think people are just butt hurt that they cant use steam, people rely need to get outside more as this is such a petty and trivial detail. Yes it doesn't have all the features of steam but does it relay add that much to your experience? I for one am glad for the competition to steam. Also the free games are looking good so far and i for one love free stuff as well as market share being diluted as much it can be.

My Current Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/36jXwh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro