Post your daily carry?

Nine Tailed Fox
1 hour ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Better to use those without lubrication. Yes, a whole (small) rabbit can fit there.

I think I'll stick to visiting places with restaurants and pubs regardless. Not that there is anywhere in the UK that is far enough from a pub to justify eating rabbit out of a condom.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

I think I'll stick to visiting places with restaurants and pubs regardless. Not that there is anywhere in the UK that is far enough from a pub to justify eating rabbit out of a condom.

Very few places left in the world like that and they need to be deliberately sought out.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 hours ago, Statik said:

Not that I'm on board with the rubber on a rifle movement, but I feel if you get a core sample on any firearm it's out of commission? And I've always felt that dirt/mud on the bolt of any AR platform can also render it useless.

Just do a google search on "Mud Test M4" or "Mud Test AR15" and you will get a multitude of videos on how well the function is straight out of mud. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Just do a google search on "Mud Test M4" or "Mud Test AR15" and you will get a multitude of videos on how well the function is straight out of mud. 

I know an AR will fire dirty, I've done it. They're not as fragile and sensitive as most people believe, but they sure have their fair share of issues in dirty conditions. Desert dust can render them useless, especially if you're lubricating with oil.

But zero weapons can be fired safely with a core sample, no matter what people say. Muzzle covers are friends. Not condoms.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

3 minutes ago, Statik said:

I know an AR will fire dirty, I've done it. They're not as fragile and sensitive as most people believe, but they sure have their fair share of issues in dirty conditions. Desert dust can render them useless, especially if you're lubricating with oil.

But zero weapons can be fired safely with a core sample, no matter what people say. Muzzle covers are friends. Not condoms.

Absolutely.

iirc, in my unit when we when to the desert we all made covers out of 90mile-an-hour tape (duck tape for you civvies) worked better than the plastic cap covers we were issued.

*edit

Before anyone asks, you place the tape stick side out around the muzzle. Place two pieces over the end then place another piece around the barrel to cover the sticky with the just enough on the edge to stop the cover from slipping off. Comes off easily and replaced easily.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

Absolutely.

iirc, in my unit when we when to the desert we all made covers out of 90mile-an-hour tape (duck tape for you civvies) worked better than the plastic cap covers we were issued.

If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid. I've gotten issued a simple plastic muzzle cover that works like a dream, and while I've never done it on an AR I've used some good ol' camo hockey tape to cover the muzzle, and it works like a dream and doesn't effect the round at all.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

90mile-an-hour tape

I thought the slang was 1000mile an hour tape

But like what The martian says

Yes,of course duct tape works in a near vacuum of space. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape should be worshiped. 

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Time to sharpen my knife

image.thumb.jpg.c12327b7bb70fa474940efc5634ed2a5.jpg

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

8 minutes ago, sub68 said:

I thought the slang was 1000mile an hour tape

But like what The martian says

Its called a lot of things. Iirc the speed is an indicator of the strength of the tape. I think there was also 250, 500 and 1000. My unit basically use what we could get our hands on really.

See the source image

*edit

even the original 3m stuff at walmart Lol. The supply officer had a hard time keeping us supplied. 😆

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

14 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Its called a lot of things. Iirc the speed is an indicator of the strength of the tape.

Never knew that

15 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

even the original 3m stuff at walmart Lol. The supply officer had a hard time keeping us supplied

You guy’s must have gone through a lot of 

90 an hour tape 

finnished sharping 

image.thumb.jpg.809fd9554cf93e1142b91dda03ea74e2.jpg

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

43 minutes ago, Statik said:

Almost but not quite true.  Soviet Union did a weird variant on an AK designed for under water that would fire with a muzzle full of dirt, but mostly because it used ridiculous foot long cartridges that actually stuck out of the muzzle. It was more or less a semi-auto speargun.  Still basically true even then i suppose.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, sub68 said:

Never knew that

You guy’s must have gone through a lot of 

90 an hour tape 

finnished sharping 

Each unit is different of course so I may be speaking to our jargon (I've been out 5 years now).

So I looked it up, Officially its 100mile by US Army Standard.... 90 mile is the off-brand and of course Duck/duct tape being the original. Each unit called it what it wanted to I guess.

I was wrong about the different strengths, honestly I only ever used what was thrown at me when I requested for duck tape. lol.

1 minute ago, sub68 said:

You guy’s must have gone through a lot of 90 an hour tape 

Not really that much but our supply Sargent had a hard time getting the "correct" stuff so he just bought it at Walmart.  The grey duck tape is shiny 'ish but the Army stuff is not. We would get chastised for not using the correct thing but honest it did not matter State side, in the sandbox it made the difference of course, you didnt want the shiny stuff in battle. lol.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Almost but not quite true.  Soviet Union did a weird variant on an AK designed for under water that would fire with a muzzle full of dirt, but mostly because it used ridiculous foot long cartridges that actually stuck out of the muzzle. It was more or less a semi-auto speargun.  Still basically true even then i suppose.

I'm still correct. You can't fill a bore with dirt if it's already full of a bullet. Plus I like to think ridiculous Soviet dreams/prototypes don't really count.

Do you have a link to this? I fail to understand how a speargun is able to have a mag/chamber to be considered semi auto.

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

My EDC nerf gun when we do nerf wars 

image.thumb.jpg.ca077054b995f591151f9af64c3adaf6.jpg

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

17 minutes ago, Statik said:

I'm still correct. You can't fill a bore with dirt if it's already full of a bullet. Plus I like to think ridiculous Soviet dreams/prototypes don't really count.

Do you have a link to this? I fail to understand how a speargun is able to have a mag/chamber to be considered semi auto.

It becomes a question of how you define stuff.  At this point we’re just kids on a playground making up rules for kick-the-can... which probably isn’t even played any more.  

It’s a memory of a weapon I saw.  I don’t keep those books around anymore.  not sure i f it was a prototype or limited issue.  It got built.  There was a photo. It had this bizarre clear plastic magazine extension.  Had big problems.  Couldn’t be fired out of water for one thing.  Don’t recall why.

might be this.  Or some version of it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/APS_underwater_rifle
photo and magazine different and the barrel is a good deal longer than I remember.

34 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

in the sandbox it made the difference of course, you didnt want the shiny stuff in battle. lol.

Makes sense

35 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

honestly I only ever used what was thrown at me when I requested for duck tape. lol.

me too TBH

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

40 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Each unit is different of course so I may be speaking to our jargon (I've been out 5 years now).

So I looked it up, Officially its 100mile by US Army Standard.... 90 mile is the off-brand and of course Duck/duct tape being the original. Each unit called it what it wanted to I guess.

I was wrong about the different strengths, honestly I only ever used what was thrown at me when I requested for duck tape. lol.

Not really that much but our supply Sargent had a hard time getting the "correct" stuff so he just bought it at Walmart.  The grey duck tape is shiny 'ish but the Army stuff is not. We would get chastised for not using the correct thing but honest it did not matter State side, in the sandbox it made the difference of course, you didnt want the shiny stuff in battle. lol.

I’ve heard the argument used that enemy target indicators were necessary to “give the enemy a chance”. It didn’t work of course.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

It becomes a question of how you define stuff.  At this point we’re just kids on a playground making up rules for kick-the-can... which probably isn’t even played any more.  

It’s a memory of a weapon I saw.  I don’t keep those books around anymore.  not sure i f it was a prototype or limited issue.  It got built.  There was a photo. It had this bizarre clear plastic magazine extension.  Had big problems.  Couldn’t be fired out of water for one thing.  Don’t recall why.

might be this.  Or some version of it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/APS_underwater_rifle
photo and magazine different and the barrel is a good deal longer than I remember.

I mean a semi-automatic rifle is defined as a rifle that automatically chambers another round after firing, and fires 1 round with every trigger pull. But I suppose I see where you're coming from.

EDIT: I also don't doubt that it was made. That cold war era, and the Soviet Union in particular spared some very interesting inventions in the warfighting industry.

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Out of curiosity for the folks who pack heat in their EDC: have you considered wearing first aid gear as well, such as a tourniquet?  It's a reasonable thing for everyone to add to their pockets, but the self defense community is naturally more switched on to the need.  Personally, I'm a pocket nazi so I rarely pack one, but I'm trying to get back into the habit of wrapping it around my belt loop.  I use a RATS tourniquet so it's got a lot of pointy bits that make it hard to position correctly for comfort, though.  Might need to just get a belt attached pouch (NOT A FANNY PACK.  It's EUROPEAN!) to make it more comfy.  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

On 6/26/2020 at 12:27 AM, Eschew said:

Cut, slash, snippity-snip.

Swiss Army Knife also comes with a buncha tools for (usually) every situation.

20200625_065630.thumb.jpg.ba57e89aa13713b58477cd58fad6962b.jpg

Clockwise, starting from the West:

• Wood saw blade.
  • Mini-scissors. I love it.
  • The Opener™ (Bottle Opener). Doubles as a flat-head screwdriver.
  • Smol blade. Innit cute?
  • Toothpick. Clean. I never use it.
  • Tweezers. Bad. Only use it for vewwy vewwy widdle things. Like, splinters.
  • The Other Opener™ (Can Opener). Doubles as a smaller flat-head screwdriver.
  • Biggun blade. What I most often use.
  • Corkscrew. Also, the only cockscrew in this house, lol.
  • Hook. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Reamer. To shank wood, leather, and softer fabrics.

The only thing missing is a Phillips screwdriver.

*sighs and silently chastises past-me*

That's your knife? I have that knife.

image.png.9d5b885546f68aa2ae15c58687bbe9ce.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

Twins? Cute.

Me and @Eschew meeting

Matt-Smith-and-David-Tennant-Day-of-the-Doctor-SONIC.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

New phone case

42A5D43A-EC1A-4EDF-A089-AA76FC9C74BA.thumb.jpeg.735dcdf5964d16b600b861b85f0deacb.jpeg

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I've got this one and two smaller ones:

https://www.swissarmy.com/us/en/Products/Swiss-Army-Knives/Large-Pocket-Knives/Swiss-Soldiers-Knife-08/p/0.8461.MWCH

But they're not part of the EDC as I either wouldn't really need them and also you can't carry any form of weapon with you in public areas such as shopping malls, schools or most workplaces. But I always take the real Swiss Army knife, the soldiers knife, with me on hikes.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

IMG_3095.thumb.JPG.53d63690a99836e15bfccf98398ffb43.JPG

today's dump somethings change.

Iphone 6s with a magpul bump case (upgraded from a otterbox commuter)

Sony NW E394

Moondrop shiro-yuki (Thanks @Den-Fi for telling me about moondrop, love these)

casio aq-s810w

cold steel micro recon 1

leatherman wingman

IDK where my maglite solitaire went

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang