Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Post your daily carry?

2 minutes ago, Statik said:

Yeah it's a lot. I carry a knife or multitool at work, but never on my own. I'm a keys, wallet, phone kinda guy. How do you like your Fenix 5X? I got a Fenix 2 a while back for pretty cheap, but it's gotten beat to shit at work, and I'd love to upgrade to a newer model.

The Fenix 5X has served me somewhat well but I want to upgrade to a WearOS or Tizen OS Smartwatch once new ones come out because I want my Smartwatch to do more. And the App ecosystem on GarminOS is lack lustering at best. 

Make sure to Quote or mention me (@soldier_ph, my first name is Pascal) if you want me to see your reply or Content such as Status Updates, Threads, Album entries or Blog Posts.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section.

Where I was Mentioned: 

Mentioned in 5.8.2020 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8.8.2020 Techlinked

31 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Honestly I don't need to carry to protect myself (have training to incapacitate by hand) but when your in a situation where it is warranted its good to be prepared for it.

“There is only one thing you need to know about karate, guns beat karate” -Stan Smith

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

5 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

I think that paracord I have on my keychain is about 30ft long? I dont remember, I stopped tying the cobra knot when it seemed long enough. 550 cord is a god save at times.

550 cord is the best for everything, add a couple carabiners in the mix and it’s about 10x more useful. Easiest bed you can make is with carabiners, 550 cord and a small hammock bag, usually have my hammock in my car.

edit: more not “not”

AMD blackout rig

16 minutes ago, Pascal... said:

Back Pack with whatever in it that I need on that given occasion.

I gave up my backpack a long time ago. There was always too much stuff accumulated there. The only thing the backpack always lacked was an 18 ft long ladder.

Grumpy Old Man

Since 1899

I realized I didn't actually contribute to the main discussion. At the moment this is my daily carry:

IMAG0712.thumb.jpg.196f5efc0bbf6524992c9224439e11e3.jpg

Sometimes I swap knifes for one I don't currently have on me (I can share a picture of that later if anyone cares). Sometimes I carry 1 or 2 extra thumb drives in case I have to do a Windows/Linux install somewhere or I want to watch some videos on the go.

Other than that I think this is it. Besides my phone but I needed it to take the picture. An HTC One A9.

Guides & Tutorials:

How To: Access Remote Systems at Home/Work Securely from Anywhere with Pritunl

How to Format Storage Devices in Windows 10

A How-To: Drive Sharing in Windows 10

VFIO GPU Pass-though w/ Looking Glass KVM on Ubuntu 19.04

A How-To Guide: Building a Rudimentary Disk Enclosure

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

How To: Remotely Access Your Server/NAS

In the Queue:

How to Use Memtest86 to Diagnose RAM Errors

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

I realized I didn't actually contribute to the main discussion. At the moment this is my daily carry:

that's fine, its cool to see what people carry and why

Cameras main canon xti Secondary Panasonic GX85 spare Samsung ST68 and nikion s4000

main HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 14GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - 160GB HDD - MSI GT 710 - dual DVD roms 

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD                                                     

storage server - AMD X2 250 - ASUS m4a785-m - 4GB ram - 500GB HDD - 320GB HDD - 80GB HDD                                  

myanimelist

#Muricaparrotgang 

#animepfpgang                                                                                   

"There’s a fine line between perseverance and failure to accept reality'- Tim leatherman

14 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

“There is only one thing you need to know about karate, guns beat karate” -Stan Smith

Its funny I only have level 1 combative training... and a few self taught methods. I find my being 6'2" and 280lbs is enough in about 75-80% of situations to be the automatic de-escalation tool. I speak low and deep and that tends to add the to the persona. In the rare occasion I have had to do more I pull out my handcuffs and people will go "oh shit" and the 2 times I ever had to pull my weapon it was like people just disappeared. (no exaggeration btw)

Tech News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING | Community Standards | Forum Staff

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My phones are a Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

🇺🇸   About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46   🇺🇸

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Its funny I only have level 1 combative training... and a few self taught methods. I find my being 6'2" and 280lbs is enough in about 75-80% of situations to be the automatic de-escalation tool. I speak low and deep and that tends to add the to the persona. In the rare occasion I have had to do more I pull out my handcuffs and people will go "oh shit" and the 2 times I ever had to pull my weapon it was like people just disappeared. (no exaggeration btw)

plus your a mod so your more terrifying

Spoiler

remember the banned game

Edited by sub68

Cameras main canon xti Secondary Panasonic GX85 spare Samsung ST68 and nikion s4000

main HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 14GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - 160GB HDD - MSI GT 710 - dual DVD roms 

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD                                                     

storage server - AMD X2 250 - ASUS m4a785-m - 4GB ram - 500GB HDD - 320GB HDD - 80GB HDD                                  

myanimelist

#Muricaparrotgang 

#animepfpgang                                                                                   

"There’s a fine line between perseverance and failure to accept reality'- Tim leatherman

7 hours ago, sub68 said:

mine was done on a dslr

I can't be bothered to get mine out :P

AMD Ryzen 3 3200G / Sapphire R9 290X / 16gb (2x8) Kingston ValueRam @ 2666Mhz / Gigabyte A320M-S2H / Kingston A400 120GB M.2 SSD / WD Blue 2.5" 1TB HDD / Cooler Master MWE450 / Aerocool CS-100 / LG 22MK400H-B 1920x1080 @ 75Hz

I remembered I have an iPhone 6 Plus laying around and that I still have Discord on it.

image0.jpg

Clockwise: iPhone 7 Plus 32GB in Rose Gold, leather(ette) wallet, generic GM keyfob, house key and Saturn key for my car, which I've endlessly blabbed about on my status updates and elsewhere

Local dickhead and VHS collector who also has an unhealthy obsession with the 6th generation of consoles.

Volume / Normalized 100% / 94% (content loudness 0.6dB)

@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Brendan :^

moo floof enthusiast, pm me moo rabbit pics

monchin moo dash

89mph!!!

4 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

I find my being 6'2" and 280lbs is enough in about 75-80% of situations to be the automatic de-escalation tool. I speak low and deep and that tends to add the to the persona. In the rare occasion I have had to do more I pull out my handcuffs and people will go "oh shit" and the 2 times I ever had to pull my weapon it was like people just disappeared. (no exaggeration btw)

I see we have an alpha chad.

I really do need to get my concealed carry, been two or three times, mainly people with road rage, where I thought it would be quite nice to be carrying at that moment.

AMD blackout rig

I have my wallet, iPhone 8, usually a USB flash drive for work, house/building keys, my vehicle keys are on separate key rings so one of those, and an Emerson Mini-Comander knife. The knife opens boxes basically, but it’s legal to carry everywhere I end up so no problems.

That said, when places were getting burnt down and people were looting/rioting not far from my office, I utilized my carry permit and stuck a small .380 into my motorcycle jacket for a few days. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 2700X 50th Anniversary

Corsair Vengence LPX 3200mhz 16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

PNY GTX 1060 6GB

ADATA SU800 1TB

EVGA G3 750W

RAIDMAX Monster II

beQuiet PureWings 3 140mm x5

33 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

0G1A0207-Edit.thumb.jpg.39d1fed01835c9371ea901814cbbe115.jpg

Today's carry.

what is your player?

I can see your using the moondrop starfields

myanimelist

#Muricaparrotgang 

#animepfpgang                                                                                   

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

Radsone EarStudio ES100 Bluetooth DAC/Amp.

I am sorry It looked like a player

myanimelist

#Muricaparrotgang 

#animepfpgang                                                                                   

I took a pic for this thread. Not pictured is a Samsung GS8 and a beltman double layer bullhide belt.

20200623_202414.jpg

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID0 + 2 x 8TB WD Red's in RAID1 

today's dump

IMG_2711.thumb.jpg.c6220f96a50f66bf6870e23fd6472dd2.jpg

need a spare camera battery for a photography camp I am going to.

I love wearing fingerless gloves these impacts I cut them off myself

myanimelist

#Muricaparrotgang 

#animepfpgang                                                                                   

I got a shoulder bag that normally contains 2-3 sets of keys, wallet, phone, wireless earbuds, a case for my glasses, a book or my Kindle, handkerchiefs, and a reusable grocery bag. 

I'm like a woman, basically. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

1 hour ago, Giganthrax said:

I got a shoulder bag that normally contains 2-3 sets of keys, wallet, phone, wireless earbuds, a case for my glasses, a book or my Kindle, handkerchiefs, and a reusable grocery bag. 

I'm like a woman, basically. 

Someone I know is trying to bring phanny packs back for men. 

Don’t take any of my posts seriously. 

LTT Fan Fiction:

PC game list: 

I'm a wallet, keys, phone guy. Add in ear buds and possibly a 3DS or DS Lite(depending on pocket size) if I think I'm going to have to kill a lot of time while out.

Calling them sporrans might help.  It’s a multi hundred year old Irish thing.  The problem with Fanny packs is theyre a lot like cargo pants.  Incredibly useful but ruins the line of clothing. 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

13 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

....lot like cargo pants......

My pants has own pocket for an ax

Grumpy Old Man

Since 1899

1 hour ago, fpo said:

Someone I know is trying to bring phanny packs back for men. 

Nah, that's way too small to fit all the stuff I need. xD

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.