Post your daily carry?

Nine Tailed Fox
Just now, nox_ said:

So you are Aussie :DGood to know, wasn't sure about that.

I am not 

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Just now, nox_ said:

So you are Aussie :DGood to know, wasn't sure about that.

Doesn’t follow error I think.  Looking up Australian knife laws on the internet does not require Australian citizenship.  It might even imply non Australian citizenship because they were looked up in the first place.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Doesn’t follow error I think.  Looking up Australian knife laws on the internet does not require Australian citizenship.  It might even imply non Australian citizenship because they were looked up in the first place.

Den-fi made a joke that I was Aussie

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I was referring to a joke as @sub68 explained.

Just now, nox_ said:

I was referring to a joke as @sub68 explained.

Do you think I am Aussie

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Undone by not recognizing sarcasm yet again :/  oh well.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, sub68 said:

Do you think I am Aussie

Yes... Den said so. Who am I to question him :D I don't really care tbh, if you were from mars then I would care more. No offense :D

1 minute ago, nox_ said:

Yes... Den said so. Who am I to question him :D I don't really care tbh, if you were from mars then I would care more. No offense :D

Well I am not Aussie nor a female 

I am a American male

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

*still wonders Idly about the sharpie*

1 minute ago, sub68 said:

Well I am not Aussie nor a female 

I am a American male

And I might be 2 meters tall German man(I wish I was), you don't know :DNo way to check. 

Just now, nox_ said:

And I might be 2 meters tall German man(I wish I was), you don't know :DNo way to check. 

I advise against a desire for 2meter height.  It makes it hard to find clothes, and creates problems with low ceilings.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

I advise against a desire for 2meter height.  It makes it hard to find clothes, and creates problems with low ceilings.

I use a wheelchair, so all things are hard to reach for me, that's why the desire to be taller :DPossibility to play basketball and earn stupid amount of money to sit on a bench a lot would be a nice bonus.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Standout for me is the sharpie.  Work specific use?

15 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

*still wonders Idly about the sharpie*

I am an illustrator, I havent actually worked out of home or had much to work on in a while (probably a year due to my bad knees leaving me disabled, and the general state of the world right now), I do contracts, but I use a sharpie to draft up proportion lines on paper when I want to show a character or object's height/size for whatever Im doing, and other stuff like finalizing my linework. I mostly do concept work that never sees public eye, the little detail stuff that makes the world all come together for the game,comic,animated movie or whatever it is. Even though I havent worked much lately I still bring it with me, I find myself drawing for fun in the library, or working on independent projects.

47 minutes ago, nox_ said:

Standout for me is the huge knife. @seapriestess Where do you live and what you do for work that allows to carry such big knife? I live in Europe and if I went out with it I would be arrested in like 2 seconds.

Its my dad's knife, I dont get to talk to him a lot, its what I have from him.

Ive been assaulted like 3 times in my life, so Im hyper vigilant about making sure Im prepared for that, its a ptsd thing, it also just helps me feel more safe about it in general, even though Im a lot safer now and it probably wont happen again. I also use it for general utility.

Daily Driver (Lenovo Y700 Laptop)

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Core i7-6700HQ  ||||  16GB DDR4-2666    ||||   GeForce GTX 960m  

250GB Samsung 970 Evo | 500GB Samung 840 Evo 

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM

Bedroom HTPC and Emulation Box

Manjaro Linux  ||||   Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||   8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon RX 460   |||  Asus B85M-G

120GB SSD

Living Room HTPC - Optiplex 790 SFF

Manjaro Linux  |||  Intel Core i5-2400  |||  8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon HD 5450

120GB SSD

1 minute ago, seapriestess said:

Ive been assaulted like 3 times in my life, so Im hyper vigilant about making sure Im prepared for that, its a ptsd thing, it also just helps me feel more safe about it in general, even though Im a lot safer now and it probably wont happen again. I also use it for general utility.

Got it, I would like to carry few things to make me feel safer but that is simply not an option for me. If I stab or shoot someone in public I would go to jail, not the assailant. Even at home I would get in all kinds of trouble after using my legally acquired gun on an assailant.

21 minutes ago, nox_ said:

I use a wheelchair, so all things are hard to reach for me, that's why the desire to be taller :DPossibility to play basketball and earn stupid amount of money to sit on a bench a lot would be a nice bonus.

I can see that.  6’5” in a wheelchair wouldn’t help much and would still create the clothes issue though.  I dunno about the basketball thing.  There’s a decent argument that wheelchair basketball is a better game than the more common type.  There’s no “above the rim” garbage which is arguably a breakage of the game.  Imho standard rim height should have been raised in the 70’s

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I can see that.  6’5” in a wheelchair wouldn’t help much and would still create the clothes issue though.  I dunno about the basketball thing.  There’s a decent argument that wheelchair basketball is a better game than the more common type.  There’s no “above the rim” garbage which is arguably a breakage of the game.  Imho standard rim height should have been raised in the 70’s

Well I was kinda joking along the lines if I could make myself taller I could make myself not need a wheelchair :D

25 minutes ago, seapriestess said:

I am an illustrator, I havent actually worked out of home or had much to work on in a while (probably a year due to my bad knees leaving me disabled, and the general state of the world right now), I do contracts, but I use a sharpie to draft up proportion lines on paper when I want to show a character or object's height/size for whatever Im doing, and other stuff like finalizing my linework. I mostly do concept work that never sees public eye, the little detail stuff that makes the world all come together for the game,comic,animated movie or whatever it is. Even though I havent worked much lately I still bring it with me, I find myself drawing for fun in the library, or working on independent projects.

Ah.  Work tool.  I trained to be an illustrator.  I had the hand and most of the eye, but not the bit that separates illustration from fine art.  That part where you can put yourself in the shoes of the client of the designer and do the pic so that the base client is happy.  I couldn’t control the feel of a piece in the needed direction.  Couldn’t play above the rim one might say.  Editorial cartooning I could do pretty well, but it’s not a field with a market anymore.  I did love the stylus on the note3 I had back in the day though.  Whole paint set in your pocket. 

The knife thing I totally get.  My dad was a research scientist and I learned to read research papers just so I could read his. Haven’t done it in a while.  They’re only available in science libraries on microfiche.

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Ah.  Work tool.  I trained to be an illustrator.  I had the hand and most of the eye, but not the bit that separates illustration from fine art.  That part where you can put yourself in the shoes of the client of the designer and do the pic so that the base client is happy.  I couldn’t control the feel of a piece in the needed direction.  Couldn’t play above the rim one might say.  Editorial cartooning I could do pretty well, but it’s not a field with a market anymore.  I did love the stylus on the note3 I had back in the day though.  Whole paint set in your pocket. 

The knife thing I totally get.  My dad was a research scientist and I learned to read research papers just so I could read his. Haven’t done it in a while.  They’re only available in science libraries on microfiche.

Doing illustrations for clients destroyed my soul, my art is all boring now. Keep doing it as a hobby, youll do beautiful work.

Also I still keep my old AT&T galaxy note 4 just for drawing stuff up quickly, its fantastic.

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Core i7-6700HQ  ||||  16GB DDR4-2666    ||||   GeForce GTX 960m  

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

Manjaro Linux  ||||   Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||   8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon RX 460   |||  Asus B85M-G

120GB SSD

120GB SSD

12 minutes ago, seapriestess said:

Doing illustrations for clients destroyed my soul, my art is all boring now. Keep doing it as a hobby, youll do beautiful work.

That’s a complaint I’ve seen from other illustrators.  A way to think about it I guess is when doing illustration it’s not so much your work.  It’s not yourself. Or not just yourself. The ability to separate yourself and do the work of the client is something not all artists can do, and it’s arguably more valuable. The really hard one, at least for me, and the one that creates the best illustration in many eyes, is layering yourself and fitting that self between the needs of the client and the needs of the work.  I couldn’t make it happen.  Some illustrators get famous enough they don’t have to do it.   That’s often seen as kind of a trap though because you often wind up keeping on doing the same piece over and over.   That has its own utility though. Jim Dyne only ever drew like a few things or something: hearts, fur coats, tools, and life drawings. Life drawings didn’t even get released till late in his career after he got so famous from hearts, fur coats, and tools that he could draw anything and it would be bought.   Apparently he did them the whole time though. 

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

That’s a complaint I’ve seen from other illustrators.  A way to think about it I guess is when doing illustration it’s not so much your work.  It’s not yourself. Or not just yourself. The ability to separate yourself and do the work of the client is something not all artists can do, and it’s arguably more valuable. The really hard one, at least for me, and the one that creates the best illustration in many eyes, is layering yourself and fitting that self between the needs of the client and the needs of the work.  I couldn’t make it happen.  Some illustrators get famous enough they don’t have to do it.   That’s often seen as kind of a trap though because you often wind up keeping on doing the same piece over and over.   That has its own utility though. Jim Dyne only ever drew like a few things or something: hearts, fur coats, tools, and life drawings. Life drawings didn’t even get released till late in his career after he got so famous from hearts, fur coats, and tools that he could draw anything and it would be bought.   Apparently he did them the whole time though. 

Always been bad at layering myself. If I practice something one way, everything I do becomes that.

Windows Gaming PC

120GB SSD

120GB SSD

33 minutes ago, seapriestess said:

Always been bad at layering myself. If I practice something one way, everything I do becomes that.

Well if whatever “that” is sells, you win.

ApplicationFrameHost_B5gCphOF9v.thumb.jpg.4a64113309349550b55a2aed87987212.jpg

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

On 8/5/2020 at 8:45 PM, Rocketdog2112 said:

Curious... With all the rioting (aka protesting) going on lately, do you still stand by your statement?

I totally agree with @WereCatf. To all those American prep people: Did you ever thought about the reasons, why your society is so violent, that you have to carry weapons? Maybe you have too many weapons in the open public. You wouldn't have to carry a weapon, if other people didn't. And btw, crime can be fought with different techniques than just more weapons. Ever wondered, why America has such high crime and incarceration rates and other countries don't?

I mean, go on and do whatever you want, but I'm happy to live somewhere, where this stuff isn't the way it is in the US.

1 minute ago, startrek03 said:

I totally agree with @WereCatf. To all those American prep people: Did you ever thought about the reasons, why your society is so violent, that you have to carry weapons? Maybe you have too many weapons in the open public. You wouldn't have to carry a weapon, if other people didn't. And btw, crime can be fought with different techniques than just more weapons. Ever wondered, why America has such high crime and incarceration rates and other countries don't?

I mean, go on and do whatever you want, but I'm happy to live somewhere, where this stuff isn't the way it is in the US.

Why are people back and forthing about this on a thread about showing whats in your pockets. Calm down.

Windows Gaming PC

120GB SSD

120GB SSD

2 minutes ago, seapriestess said:

Why are people back and forthing about this on a thread about showing whats in your pockets. Calm down.

Sorry, but I felt like I had to give my opinion on that. And in the end it's a discussion about some of the posted pockets. Admittedly a long one, though.