Post your daily carry?

Nine Tailed Fox
44 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

why do so many people carry knives I've never thought i wish i had a knife with me at anytime while im out

Personally, the knife I carry every day is not a defensive weapon, but a tool. I use it pretty much every day opening boxes or envelopes.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, spartaman64 said:

why do so many people carry knives I've never thought i wish i had a knife with me at anytime while im out

It’s sort of surprising how useful they turn out to be though generally a Swiss army type one is the most handy.  I found one with scissors to be the best.  TSA kind of killed pocketknives as a concept though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Very useful thing to carry, might seem silly if your'e not used to having one with you, I carry at least a swiss army one, but usually I have two on me, these days I'm very much into ceramic blades, very light, you forget that you are carrying one, they are that light.

2 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

Cut, slash, snippity-snip.

Swiss Army Knife also comes with a buncha tools for (usually) every situation.

20200625_065630.thumb.jpg.ba57e89aa13713b58477cd58fad6962b.jpg

Clockwise, starting from the West:

• Wood saw blade.
  • Mini-scissors. I love it.
  • The Opener™ (Bottle Opener). Doubles as a flat-head screwdriver.
  • Smol blade. Innit cute?
  • Toothpick. Clean. I never use it.
  • Tweezers. Bad. Only use it for vewwy vewwy widdle things. Like, splinters.
  • The Other Opener™ (Can Opener). Doubles as a smaller flat-head screwdriver.
  • Biggun blade. What I most often use.
  • Corkscrew. Also, the only cockscrew in this house, lol.
  • Hook. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Reamer. To shank wood, leather, and softer fabrics.

The only thing missing is a Phillips screwdriver.

*sighs and silently chastises past-me*

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

I find it far more bothersome that so many people carry guns around and often for very flimsy reasons, though, sure, I agree with you as well. I dont personally know a single person who was carrying any knives or guns or such. Must be some really dangerous places all these people are hanging out in.

I do carry a Leatherman with me, so technically I have a knife, but it's smaller than a typical butter-knife, so... Besides which, the reason I carry the Leatherman with me is for utility, not self-defense or anything like that. It'd be useless for self-defense, anyways.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 hours ago, sub68 said:

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

1 hour ago, Eschew said:

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

i wasnt thinking about defense just what would you need to cut when you are out and about. Like i sometimes need to cut stuff at home which is why i have knives at home and i have to cut stuff at work which is why we have box cutters at work but ive never been ambushed by a ups driver while out on a stroll and handed a package lol. the only thing i can think of is sometimes im at a cheap restaurant and they only have those crappy plastic knives and i wish i had a knife with me but I doubt thats what you are using them for lol

10 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

i wasnt thinking about defense just what would you need to cut when you are out and about. Like i sometimes need to cut stuff at home which is why i have knives at home and i have to cut stuff at work which is why we have box cutters at work but ive never been ambushed by a ups driver while out on a stroll and handed a package lol. the only thing i can think of is sometimes im at a cheap restaurant and they only have those crappy plastic knives and i wish i had a knife with me but I doubt thats what you are using them for lol

The knife bit is often more used as a pry tool than for cutting. I think that’s why we’re seeing a lot of bigger knives.  Thick blades.   Scissors get used on things like hangnails and stuff. It’s a reason they often come with a nail file. Boxes aren’t the only packages. Sometimes there’s things like retrieve them bags of snacks and whatnot.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

19 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

the only thing i can think of is sometimes im at a cheap restaurant and they only have those crappy plastic knives and i wish i had a knife with me but I doubt thats what you are using them for lol

There have been plenty of times my pocket knife has been used to eat lunch.  So much so that I oil mine with cooking oil instead of a mineral oil. I want to make sure that it's not going to poison me if I feel like cutting my sandwich in half before eating it.

1 minute ago, vf1000ride said:

There have been plenty of times my pocket knife has been used to eat lunch.  So much so that I oil mine with cooking oil instead of a mineral oil. I want to make sure that it's not going to poison me if I feel like cutting my sandwich in half before eating it.

Cooking oil can get sticky.  Mineral oil won’t poison you but it might make you a bit more “regular” than you’d like.  They sell bottles for that purpose.  Mineral oil just goes right through you.  The only thing wrong with it is it can pick up oil based vitamins in its travels so if too much is used (bottles worth) it can cause vitamin deficiencies.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Cooking oil can get sticky.  Mineral oil won’t poison you but it might make you a bit more “regular” than you’d like.  They sell bottles for that purpose.  Mineral oil just goes right through you.  The only thing wrong with it is it can pick up oil based vitamins in its travels so if too much is used (bottles worth) it can cause vitamin deficiencies.

Ya, I guess when I say mineral oil I used that term poorly.  I meant something more like a machine oil along the lines of wd-40, gun oil, or anything from the garage.  The blade on mine was a damascus so it rusts fairly easily, I have to keep something on it to keep it rust free.  It unfortunately doesn't have the nice 2-tone finish anymore do to my misuse.  I need to find someone local that has the correct acid or see if I can make my own so I can re-etch the blade and bring back the original finish.

image.png.47e9114487b7c725d32242ef27b0dc3c.png

Pretty standard

• Samsung Galaxy Watch
  • Samsung S9
  • Chapstick
  • Streamlight MicroStream
  • Wallet
  • Kershaw Shuffle II
  • Morgan Silver Dollar
  • M&P Shield 9mm

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 minute ago, vf1000ride said:

Ya, I guess when I say mineral oil I used that term poorly.  I meant something more like a machine oil along the lines of wd-40, gun oil, or anything from the garage.  The blade on mine was a damascus so it rusts fairly easily, I have to keep something on it to keep it rust free.  It unfortunately doesn't have the nice 2-tone finish anymore do to my misuse.  I need to find someone local that has the correct acid or see if I can make my own so I can re-etch the blade and bring back the original finish.

Sounds like a good plan.  Wd-40 is mineral oil and gasoline, which would be bad.  Gun oil tends to be proprietary have weird and scary stuff in it. Damascus is any two metals hammered together.  If one of the metals is carbon steel that will happen.  It’s not specifically a Damascus thing though.  Knowing which two metals were used could help with finding an acid.  Some acids are more reactive with some types of metals than others. It might be for example if you have the right two metals that citric acid would work in which case you can just use a lemon.

44 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

*Shrug*  Different people have different needs, if you don't need to carry one or don't want to carry one; don't. Pretty simple really.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

5 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

*Shrug*  Different people have different needs, if you don't need to carry one or don't want to carry one; don't. Pretty simple really.

i know im just asking what they use it for

19 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

BUT MY OPINION SHOULD MATTER TO OTHER PEOPLE!!!!

i never said that i was just curious not sure why you guys are being defensive

even if they just said they only carry a knife because they feel like it then ill say ok fair enough

my iphones 6s

sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear

keys on a carabiner which includes a 64gb corsair waterproof flash drive.

generic brown leather wallet

optional (mostly for theater work or night time)

casio Pro-Trek

streamlight POLYTAC 90

adjustable wrench

I deal with having to cut stuff enough I should start carrying a benchmade knife like my dad.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

On 6/23/2020 at 1:27 PM, Letgomyleghoe said:

“There is only one thing you need to know about karate, guns beat karate” -Stan Smith

An old quote from a comic (No Ninja Man)

"In hand to hand, they may have won, but a Ninja still can't beat a gun"

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

Pointless trivia: Harrison Ford was very sick the day they shot that scene, which is why he's sweating so badly.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Harrison Ford was very sick the day they shot that scene, which is why he's sweating so badly.

He also made that up on the fly and they went with it.  The scene was supposed to be whip v sword.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Pointless trivia: Harrison Ford was very sick the day they shot that scene, which is why he's sweating so badly.

Also it’s hot as all fuck lmao.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

He also made that up on the fly and they went with it.  The scene was supposed to be whip v sword.

So much better imo 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6