Explain Your Username

DLM_012

Remembered I changed it, thought I should explain.

I lost a bet.

I was talking to @FakeNSAabout their whole sham government thing on the LTT banning game thread, and we got around to discussing what slots there were.

I said "If my Digikey order arrives before February 22nd, I'll join."
It arrived two days later, and here I am.

In case you're interested, FakeLMG is available.

elephants

• 2 weeks later...

just my irl name lol..... nothing too fancy

woah, it's a signature

Dr.=Added this because there was already a YouTube channel named "Kaloob". 

Kaloob=An old teacher of mine called me this, and lead to "Kaloob" or "Kaloob the noob" being a nickname of mine. I kinda hated it at first, but over time I stopped caring and eventually started to actually like the nickname. 

My old nickname on here (old account, circa 2016), was "kk027". That was just a nickname of mine plus 027, which was originally used for my Scratch account in 2013. 

Main PC: Ryzen 1600 @4GHz, 16GB 2933 MHz DDR4, 1060 6GB blower card.

Laptop: ThinkPad T580 (i5, iGPU, FHD, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD+1TB HDD). Used with both the regular and extended-run batteries (RIP power bridge).

Changed my name to match what I use pretty much everywhere else now.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

"Deadnight Warrior" is the first song on "Something Wild", Finnish band Children Of Bodom's debut album from 1997:

MAIN PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming | RAM: 16Gb DDR4 Patriot Viper 4 3200 | GPU: XFX RX580 4Gb GTS | Case: Sharkoon S25-W | Storage: M.2 NVME Adata Gammix S10 128Gb + SATA SSD WD Blue 1Tb | ODD: LG GH24NSD1 | PSU: Seasonic Core GM-500 | Display: AOC I2490PXQU | Cooler: Wraith Stealth | Keyboard: Logitech K120 | Mouse: Logitech B100 | Sound: the usual integrated Realtek | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

RETRO PC: CPU: AMD Athlon 64 2800+ | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M | RAM: 2Gb DDR 800 | GPU: ATi Radeon 9600 Pro 128Mb | Case: Tacens Anima AC4500 | Storage: IDE WD Blue 80Gb + IDE DVD-RW drive + floppy drive | Sound: Terratec 128i ESS Solo-1 PCI | OS: Windows 98 SE + Windows XP SP3 + Linux Bionic Pup 32
HTPC: CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | Motherboard: AsRock B450M-HDV R4.0 | RAM: 16Gb DDR4 G.Skill Aegis 3200 | Case: Aerocool CS-101 | Storage: SATA SSD Silicon Power A55 256Gb | ODD: LG blu-ray WH14NS40 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

My name stems from when Counterstrike was first released back in 2000.  Yes, it's that old.  Wanted to play the game online for the first time and this was the first thing that came to mind that sounded halfway decent.  *shrug*

Server - 10850K   |   Daily - 12700k  |  Gaming - Steam Deck

I use the name Computernaut for several things (though I also go by ThunderStar in a few places). It came from when I was picking a new name for my Minecraft profile back in 2017. I had originally intended to be "Robonaut" ("Robo" from robot, and "naut" from astronaut), but it was taken, so I opted for Computernaut instead. In the long run, this turned out better as shortly after that is when my interest in computers really got going. I still like the name and so it's my go-to whenever I need a username.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

• 3 weeks later...

Back when I used to play a lot of Badlion/Ultra UHC I was famous in my friend group for using arrow keys. Sometime in May 2020 the Minecraft IGN “down key” was available (meaning down arrow key) and I took it. You can still look up my IGN on NameMC

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

my user name thrasher was because there a mob in diablo 2 called a thrasher and the 565 is me an my friends made a clan playing quake 2. i was darksniper_565

my dad one day said i keep crashing play racing games my name should be crasher so that's what it is if i play racing games. my dads user name was fox maybe because of flaying games i dont no.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

My username (rowdyjosh02) was basically created when i was first allowed to make an account on PlayStation and Xbox because I made them at pretty similar times I'm talking ps2 days and at the time my dads username was rowdybloke73 don't ask me how he thought of that because to be honest I don't even think he remembers and i thought i like the term rowdy because i thought it was funny and my nickname is josh and i was born in 2002 therefore rowdyjosh02 was born.

its funny now because i very often get called rowdy every time I'm in the call with my mates just because ever since ive known my mates my username has been rowdyjosh02 and has never changed. 

• 3 weeks later...

Told my mom to help me create a youtube channel when I was 7 or 8. She chose Prodigy_Smit as the name and it stuck.

As for the word by word explanation:

Prodigy is a cool word and Smit is my name.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

Simple history behind mine: I started coding in 2019

As Someone with the username “</TheCoder2019_”, my coding skills are atrocious.

Here are my specs:

Spoiler

MSI PRO-VLH H310M

Intel Core i3-8100 (Thanks, @Schnoz!)

GTX 1060 OC 3GB or Intel UHD 630

16GB (2x8) Cosair Vengeance LPX CL16 - 2400MHz

GAMDIAS Argus M1

An old friend of mine - Intel stock cooler (temps through the roof like 60 C under load)

Linux Apps you NEED!

Spoiler

tmux

dhcpd

git

Hi! I love RGB! Who doesn't? Karens that don't have colorful lights on their Facebook page

On 4/14/2021 at 11:31 AM, Dean0919 said:

Just my name

your name has numbers? cool!

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

i'm like 90% sure i've posted in this thread before (or one of the other name threads) but i can't be bothered to go back and try and find it.

It's a nickname based on my real name (Erica) and was caused by someone i knew back when i was in school who used to call me Arika (Ah-ri-kah) because of his accent. No one calls me it anymore IRL so i use it as my internet handle in some places, like here. I have another name I use when

I want more anonymity 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

My name + my birthdate.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

I am Lloyd, and I am a lynx. Of course that's all just in my head though... but I'm on the internet, so I can be whatever and whoever I want.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

My old name, EjectedCasings was just something I thought of after I went shooting. I usually pick up the brass (cases) because my father does reloading. I thought it was a cool name, so I use it for most of my accounts.

As for my current name, IDK. Joined the "Fake" gang and used the first three letter gov't agency that wasn't taken that I could think of. ATF stands for Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (aka the holy trinity) for those who don't know. They're pretty much a pain in the ass if you want to get anything cool for your gun, though.

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

1 minute ago, FakeATF said:

My old name, EjectedCasings was just something I thought of after I went shooting. I usually pick up the brass (cases) because my father does reloading. I thought it was a cool name, so I use it for most of my accounts.

As for my current name, IDK. Joined the "Fake" gang and used the first three letter gov't agency that wasn't taken that I could think of. ATF stands for Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (aka the holy trinity) for those who don't know. They're pretty much a pain in the ass if you want to get anything cool for your gun, though.

So since you're fake. You didn't participate in the Waco Siege?

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

Ah, since this thread has come alive, I figured I'd explain one of my online usernames before I came here.

Thor the Starseer.

First half, I don't know where it came from. Most seem to think because I watched Thor: Ragnarok, but I chose this name before that.

Starseer comes from Octopath Traveler.

That's it.

I've transitioned most of my accounts to RealKGB ('cause FakeKGB was taken twice!) but I think I'll stay FakeKGB here.

elephants

4 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

So since you're fake. You didn't participate in the Waco Siege?

I can neither confirm nor deny my participation in the siege of the Branch Davidian compound.

On a side note:

Spoiler

Way to go Biden, you just installed a new director for the ATF who's views happen to coincide with yours. What a coincidence 🤨

(WARNING: I EDIT MY POSTS ALL THE TIME. GRAMMAR IS HARD.)

"As I, a humble internet browser who frequents the forum of the well known internet tech YouTuber 'Linus Tech Tips', named after host Linus Sebastian, have trouble understanding the intent of the authors' post, I find solace in the fact, that I am indeed not alone in my confusion. While I stumble through the comments above, I am reminded of a quote which helps me to cut through ambiguous and unnecessary verbiage. The simple eloquence of the phrase often uttered on internet forums leaves any reading it in no doubt as to the true intent of the wording. I believe that I, and indeed all of us can take a lesson from the message left by it:"

(Formerly known as @EjectedCasings)

"Thanks bro, my inner grammarian just had a stroke."

-Yours truly, EjectedCasings

"It's stupid, but it works"

"AAAAAAHHH WHY AM I SPEEENING!"

Enthusiast web surfer, 'epic' gamer.

#muricaparrotgang

leggo my eggo, let go my leg hoe.

Spoiler

bro-you-seriously-have-5-seconds-to-to-leggo-my-66429592.png.f65e5830e0ff8cc9d5c3c234910881bb.png

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

My username is konstant213, because years ago I was registering on 1 website and wanted to use konstant as my username, but it was already taken, and the system offered me several options with konstant and numbers, I chose what I chose and started using on other websites / forums.