“Gaming Web Browser”… R U kidding me?

Opera GX is here. We've got gaming chairs, gaming glasses, gaming socks... and now we have a gaming BROWSER. It's the gaming product we didn't know we needed. OR DO WE? Because Opera has been kind of sketchy lately...

Product link:

https://www.opera.com/gx

Buy GAMING PRODUCTS

On Amazon (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/G2omO4

On Newegg (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/efVjuOE

4 minutes ago, RILEYISMYNAME said:

We've got gaming chairs, gaming glasses, gaming socks...

Do we have gaming gloves yet for when my hands are cold because sometimes I insist on my apartment being a giant fridge? 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

GAYMER TIME

Got my gamer lightbulb, my gamer fuel, my PewDiePie gamer chair, it doesn't get gamerier now!

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

it doesn't get gamerier now!

It'll get plenty gamey if you die ?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

That browser is ....another browser ..big deal :P

I use FireFox ..not Chrome ..because Google. ..nuff said.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Opera's PiP (Picture in Picture) was the first on market, but now Firefox also has it and it works pretty well. It lacks progress bar, but it works the same way in general.

I can see use in CPU and memory limiting when it comes to lower end systems where limiting matters because you don't have tons of cores and RAM to throw at it.

In general, I actually like the regular Opera, it's one of rare browsers where I only need 2 extra extensions. The rest is all built in, like add & tracking blocking, mouse gestures, powerful cookie control that also syncs rules across ALL synced systems, super useful currency and unit conversion just by highlighting etc. What I hate is how they have NOTHING on iOS that can sync. All you get is Opera Touch with its stupid My Flow thing, but but no bookmarks syncing. I mean, come on, whole point of browser on phone is to have access to ALL your bookmarks from PC. Without that, what's even the point of using Opera? I can just run Safari (or any other browser) and have same clumsy experience.

Watching this video while using Opera GX, with 250+ tabs open. The reasons I switched from Chrome are numerous, but the final straw was a UI update ~3 months ago that I just hated. Why I continue to use Opera GX, I use this system for a host of productivity workloads, some of them requiring a ton of tabs, or RAM and/or CPU hungry tabs that I can't afford to loose in the near future, and has happened all too often in the past with Chrome, which led to me spending hours recovering these tabs (and no Ctrl+Shift+T does not always work), as unlike Opera GX when you restart your system, the browser crashes, or you just need/want to free up some resources for intensive workloads,  the tabs are not automatically recovered, you need to press that button in the top right portion of the browser to recover your tabs, if Chrome feels so generous as to offer you the option to recover your tabs. Also for those of us plebs of us who only have on monitor, and want to follow a tutorial in a program such as Blender, and wish to watch that tutorial without distorting the UI of the program and interact with the program without the video disappearing, the pop-out video player is a Godsend. Also for those time that you want to boot into a game or go ham on productivity workloads and wish to keep your browser open without your tabs eating RAM and CPU (especially the latter) you just throw the RAM limiter to 1GB and turn on the hard limit and BAM! All your tabs are put to sleep in the same way as they are when you run out of RAM on Chrome, and the residual CPU usage is reduced to a mere 5% on my I5 2500, and I am just getting started.

Although I have to admit I missed the fact that they were purchased by a Chinese firm.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

" let you listen to your anime music videos while play COD"

well this is why I have two computers while i play one music other game so i don't run it on the same computer.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

OK, what's the joke with Firefox? 

I've been using it for years and love it. Are you Gen Zs going to let a Gen X in on it? 

I didn't know about Chinese-bought Opera and would go for Opera over Chrome any day. That is until it got buggy (at least on Mac) so I went for Vivaldi and never looked back:

https://vivaldi.com

So I've been using regular Opera for quite a while largely because of it's Built-In adblock and VPN and Flow feature (Send links between mobile and Browser). After seeing this video and doing some more reading however, I think I'm going to switch to Firefox. Seems like all features are still there, and the Firefox UI has seen a major update and basically looks like Opera now (Old Firefox was so 2010's).

I will say though that as @Wh0_Am_1 already said, I can see the productivity application of the CPU and RAM limiter, as stated in the video as well. And if you haven't already tried it, Opera Touch on mobile is so cool. It's very customisable, not at all "in-your-face" like other ones I've tried (*cough* Google Go *cough*), has a very modern aesthetic and an intuitive layout. It also takes inspiration from Opera Neon, that weird concept browser that sadly didn't go anywhere.

I downloaded it to try it out, it's NOT that bad, minus the fact it has an animation when you open it up.
another thing annoying unlike other browsers you cant see the past web-pages you went to without using history.

homeofmew (homeofmew#1337)

[ | folding@home | F@A Extreme Over Clocking | Bionic | ]

Bachelors of Science in Mathematics, University of Houston

I am pissed there is not more modeling pictures on LTT store. I am not going to buy a single thing there until i see Anthony modeling stuff. He is more my size.

I have seen enough of Linus. bah.

On 2/7/2020 at 7:42 AM, RejZoR said:

Opera's PiP (Picture in Picture) was the first on market, but now Firefox also has it and it works pretty well. It lacks progress bar, but it works the same way in general.

Does it? I use Firefox for everything work related and Opera for personal use, and I often get irritated at Firefox for not having PIP and having to switch browser.

47 minutes ago, Dredgy said:

Does it? I use Firefox for everything work related and Opera for personal use, and I often get irritated at Firefox for not having PIP and having to switch browser.

Few releases ago you had to manually enable it via about:config, now it's there by default. You get a blue icon on right edge of videos, upon clicking it, it throws video in a popup like in Opera. And it even works with Netflix unlike Opera which used to but doens't anymore.

• 3 months later...
On 2/6/2020 at 7:57 PM, Marbo said:

OK, what's the joke with Firefox? 

I've been using it for years and love it. Are you Gen Zs going to let a Gen X in on it? 

I love Firefox I currently using it because my computer dosent like chrome

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

• 4 months later...

Ok, I get that it's a "GAMING" browser, which sounds dumb but aside the security risks, it's actually a great experience. I can spare milliseconds of my life waiting for a website to load which is worth it because of the extra integrated features. Having Twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram, Discord and for that matter FB Messenger on the sidebar is just huge. The dealmaker for me tough is the workspaces and I don't know how I could live without them, being able to easily seperate YouTube, School, Gamewikis and general browsing is amazing. Yeah, most of the features like the VPN or the background music are kind of a gimmick but it's still way more worth it than Chrome (or Firefox (I used Firefox before and it's also really good)).

TL;DL: Like Chrome with extensions (but worth it)

• 5 months later...

Hey Linus,

I saw you video regarding Opera Gx Browser and how we really can't be sure about our privacy while using it. 

Today I woke up to my opera Gx browser's history containing a lot of weird and suspicious website accesses at night while my computer was hibernated. 

I wasn't sure of what to do, so instead I took the snippets of the whole history and decided to post them here. 

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

• 2 years later...

waves,

i'm having trouble locating the Anthony video where he reviews Opera gx.
Can anybody help me out please  and thanks!!

17 minutes ago, md2020 said:

waves,

i'm having trouble locating the Anthony video where he reviews Opera gx.
Can anybody help me out please  and thanks!!

The video this thread is about is on Opera GX. Was there some other one you remember? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 2/6/2020 at 2:03 PM, redbread123 said:

gaming oxygen, please insert Tungsten hexafluoride to kill them

Gaming water.  No G fuel... water  H2O except the H is 90% deuterium and 10% tritium.  Guaranteed to give you super powers.