Nvidia says 'something super is coming', any guesses?

MeatFeastMan

Only thing that comes to mind is that the RTX 2080 is technically not a fully enabled die or a "full fat" chip. It "only" has 2944 CUDA Cores, whereas the TU104 GPU that the RTX 2080 uses maxes out at 3072 CUDA Cores. So perhaps, they are releasing an RTX 2080 Super with all the TU104 SM's enabled. 

While this alone only provides about a 4-5% increase in performance, if it is also coupled with 16GBit/s GDDR6, it could be around 15-17% faster than the RTX 2080 "standard"; this would make it a viable alternative to the 2080 Ti (assuming it is priced competitively) since generally the 2080 Ti is around 20-30% faster than a 2080 (but costing 60%+ more).

There's also the possibility that if this new "Super" 2080 is released (with more CUDA Cores and faster memory), they update the 2080 Ti additionally with the 16GBit/s GDDR6; providing another 10-12% performance increase to it. This then could have the whole Turing stack be shifted, both price and performance wise. Making Turing readily competitive for whatever AMD is planning to debut.

probably a super price increase

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

A Titan replacement, maybe?

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

It's definitely a GPU by the looks of laser engraving on aluminum  similar to all other GPU Showdown we had so far, i'm wondering why they're calling it super.

Details separate people.

It's another Titan X.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

It's another Titan X.

The Titan XT which takes us right back into AMD territory.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Maybe they'll finally partner with Microshit and AMD and fix multi-monitor support.

No Windows, I don't want that full screen movie/show/video on my side monitor to be HIDDEN BEHIND THE FULL SCREEN GAME I AM PLAYING ON THE PRIMARY MONITOR.

ALL OF MY HATE

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

imagine being so pretentious you tease a product with nothing but the word super, marketing departments need to calm down

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

50% higher pricing, has to be that.

Perfect upgrade for my TitanV so. I’ll use my V for a physx , and multi display card! Then play WoW Classic the way it was always meant to be played! 

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

2080ti.

In reality it's a 2080ti with the slightly higher cuda core count of the Titan RTX but a few hundred bucks less expensive. No way to differentiate it at all from current 2080tis other than the price tag though.

....What did you expect? A product name like "2090"? That would actually make fucking sense I'm sure they wouldn't name it intuitively.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

Maybe they'll finally partner with Microshit and AMD and fix multi-monitor support.

No Windows, I don't want that full screen movie/show/video on my side monitor to be HIDDEN BEHIND THE FULL SCREEN GAME I AM PLAYING ON THE PRIMARY MONITOR.

Why on earth are you running games in fullscreen if you have multiple monitors?

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the woes of poor multi-monitor support (such as the excitement of waiting 30-90 seconds for Windows to sort its shit out any time you adjust a single display setting), but I feel like everyone agreed that borderless windowed is the way forward and has been for years. 

21 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

2080ti.

In reality it's a 2080ti with the slightly higher cuda core count of the Titan RTX but a few hundred bucks less expensive. No way to differentiate it at all from current 2080tis other than the price tag though.

That's a good joke. 

Agree on the rest though. 

21 minutes ago, Waffles13 said:

Why on earth are you running games in fullscreen if you have multiple monitors?

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the woes of poor multi-monitor support (such as the excitement of waiting 30-90 seconds for Windows to sort its shit out any time you adjust a single display setting), but I feel like everyone agreed that borderless windowed is the way forward and has been for years. 

Most of the games I play won't allow adjustments to resolution when in any kind of Windowed Mode.

Most notably, Stardew Valley. Which I want to run at actual 4k resolution because it lets you see more of the map.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs