Nvidia says 'something super is coming', any guesses?

MeatFeastMan
2 hours ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

Only thing that comes to mind is that the RTX 2080 is technically not a fully enabled die or a "full fat" chip. It "only" has 2944 CUDA Cores, whereas the TU104 GPU that the RTX 2080 uses maxes out at 3072 CUDA Cores. So perhaps, they are releasing an RTX 2080 Super with all the TU104 SM's enabled. 

While this alone only provides about a 4-5% increase in performance, if it is also coupled with 16GBit/s GDDR6, it could be around 15-17% faster than the RTX 2080 "standard"; this would make it a viable alternative to the 2080 Ti (assuming it is priced competitively) since generally the 2080 Ti is around 20-30% faster than a 2080 (but costing 60%+ more).

There's also the possibility that if this new "Super" 2080 is released (with more CUDA Cores and faster memory), they update the 2080 Ti additionally with the 16GBit/s GDDR6; providing another 10-12% performance increase to it. This then could have the whole Turing stack be shifted, both price and performance wise. Making Turing readily competitive for whatever AMD is planning to debut.

Maybe there is a gap there in performance

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

2080ti.

In reality it's a 2080ti with the slightly higher cuda core count of the Titan RTX but a few hundred bucks less expensive. No way to differentiate it at all from current 2080tis other than the price tag though.

....What did you expect? A product name like "2090"? That would actually make fucking sense I'm sure they wouldn't name it intuitively.

Titan v has 5120

Maybe they release rtx super or super rtx with 5120 cuda whatever rt and tensor cores that scale to that not doing the math

Or they showcasing their Samsung 7nm

Titan

I got internal info about what it is. It's Jensen new super expensive travel mug, with his own face laser etch on it of course, along with RGB!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

29 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

They're finally nerfing spectral blades on hunters and buffing the titan's top tree hammers?  ?  Oh wait, wrong company...

Um, Big Gay Al?

Possible, NPU only cards are next to non-existant in the work, with the only one made by a possible subsidary of huawei.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

My money is either on a new version of an old card with no changes and slight price hike, or a free mug with every titan.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

If it's something software that will work on Pascal and Turing, then I'm hyped. If it's something hardware, meeeeeeeeh.

11 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

The return of AA 32x. No GeForce logo on the GPU color change. No, I know! Nvidia SoundStorm!!!! 

(if you didn't get the references: Nvidia removed 32X AA because AMD Radeon didn't support it  and super taxing on a GPU where in any case no one used this feature. Nvidia's has been releasing reference design GPUs which feature RGB wiring for the GeForce illuminated logo, but the functionality isn't used, nor have driver support to make a software to control it. And Nvidia SoundStom is Nvidia failed attempt at making a gaming sound chip. While it was decent sound solution at the time, most premium motherboards had equivalent or superior sound chip, and of course a dedicated sound card or external DAC would be still superior. Motherboard manufacture didn't really like putting that sound chip due to cost which didn't make sense. It also had horrible marketing material for that sound card, complete with a ear bleeding song still availl on Nvidia website - you have been warned).

I wish I didn't click the link. I knew it was bad but this just overwhelms my expectation.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

It probably will be something to do with gaming, they used 'GeForce'.

Current PC

CPUIntel Core i9 9900k

GPUGTX 1080 8GB FTW EVGA

MotherboardASUS PRIME Z370-A II

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB) DDR4 2400 Mhz

Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Storage 2: Hyper X 240GB

PSU: Corsair RM750 80 Plus Gold 750W

Peripherals: Logitech G502 Hero//Corsair K70 MK 2 Cherry MX Red

Display: BenQ XL2430T 24-inch 144Hz

Whatever it is I am sure that a certain group of people on this forum will be super pissed and try to tell everyone how super bad it is because it's Nvidia releasing it... 

I mean for crying out loud someone even complained that it might be cheaper cards with the same performance. Because apparently lowering prices is a bad thing. 

Honestly at this point i couldn't care less, what ever it will be it will be overpriced. I cannot wait for some more competition from Intel and i hope its a worthy competitor. 

My Current Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/36jXwh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

3 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

WHAAAAAAAT'S WITH THAT GYM WORKOUT DISCO?? SO CRINGEY AAAAAAAAA

It kinda sounds like Linus singing, with heavy processing. Which makes it even weirder.

$4000 titan, that can actually do RTX at a useful resolution?

At this point, I really wouldn't put it past them...

Sounds like they will supercharge their top graphics cards or "super charge" the customers (maybe both).

17 hours ago, MeatFeastMan said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-teases-something-super-ahead-of-amds-navi-gpu-launch/

Nvidia gives us a teaser and says something super is coming. What could that be? PCGamer suggests:

OR

OR even...

I think personally it'll be tied in with the previous rumors of gpu's with 16gbps GDDR6 to take the sting off Navi. I'm guessing it'll just be on the 2080 and 2080ti. And they'll name them as the bit above says..a 2080 'Super' and 2080ti 'Super'. Does anybody else have any ideas of what they might be trying to do here, because it's very hard to tell. One thing we do know however is that whatever is being proposed, it'll be worth your kidneys and possibly an arm and a leg will have to be sacrificed too.

I don't personally think that Super DLSS or Super DXR is big enough and bold enough to be worth a whole teaser video about it. And having a 'Super' card would be very annoying to be honest. How many cards do Nvidia need? There's rumors of a 2050ti and 2070ti too for goodness sakes. Therefore, does having a 'Super' card even make any sense? It's got to be something else surely.

Anyone have any clue as to what this might be? Maybe the font gives something away? The only other thing I can think of is a card that is specifically for gaming and slots in between the 2080ti and Titan RTX (Maybe the price gap is deliberately there to fit another card in further down the line?)

My guess is with amds new Radeon VII coming up it may be a gpu to "compete" with it.But thats just my opinion.

18 hours ago, MeatFeastMan said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-teases-something-super-ahead-of-amds-navi-gpu-launch/

Nvidia gives us a teaser and says something super is coming. What could that be? PCGamer suggests:

Something really really banal, that we already took for granted from other sources.

Something like the integration of the "Coolbits" stuff for example, "Super Control Panel" or a Limited edition Card...

We all know nVidia and the overselling of the most banal things...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

3 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Something really really banal, that we already took for granted from other sources.

Something like the integration of the "Coolbits" stuff for example, "Super Control Panel" or a Limited edition Card...

We all know nVidia and the overselling of the most banal things...

read below

18 hours ago, pas008 said:

thats tech though

they all do it