Logitech V2

Mew

Logitech, in an attempt to.....idk what they're trying to do.... appeal to the younger crowd, is redesigning their logo from the very well known logo: 

logitech.jpeg
 to this.....

logitech-rebranding.jpg

When someone says "Logitech," we're sure the first things that pop into your head are boring computer mice (zzz), keyboards (zzzzz) and other peripherals (snore). Well, the company's likely attempting to look more in vogue, especially to the younger crowd, because it's reinventing itself with a new logo and an overall more colorful design. It's also launching a new label for its latest categories (probably including its non-computer accessories) called "Logi." Unfortunately, the company hasn't revealed more details besides the "Logi" name, but we're sure you'll be seeing products under the new label soon enough. Any brand can benefit from having a distinct personality -- just look at Apple and how easy it is to identify its products -- so it's easy to see why Logitech wants to be more memorable. Only time can tell, though, if this makeover can make an impact.

I don't like the new logo, or brand image that they're trying to establish. Based on my baseless assumption, their goal of targeting the young crowd (teenagers and below?), will probably see very limited success because most people that use computers (in that age group) use the bundled accessories that come with them. I do wonder what their "Logi" brand would do for them though.

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/08/logitech-new-logo-logi/

EVERYONE GO LOOK AT THIS INSTEAD: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/403215-logitech-is-changing-its-name-to-logi-because-tech-means-nothing/

I'm glad to see this. Logitech has grown to be known as a dull peripherals manufacturer. Think beige mice. And although I'm not really a fan of what looks to be an Unknown Pokemon as their new 'g'. It does evoke a more modern look.

Logitech, in an attempt to.....idk what they're trying to do.... appeal to the younger crowd, is redesigning their logo from the very well known logo: 

Younger? it doenst seem like its targeting 10 year olds, its going for a modern flat approach

They need to be a bit more modern I feel

I cant take your opinion on logos seriously when you have the most disgusting logo ever made as your profile picture

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Younger? it doenst seem like its targeting 10 year olds, its going for a modern flat approach

I cant take your opinion on logos seriously when you have the most disgusting logo ever made as your profile picture

LMAO "Gaming"

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

LOL

LMAO "Gaming"

Huh?

LOL

I mean that tramp stamp from Corsair is literally the worst thing ever made

Their ship sails logo is so awesome

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why not just make the old logo flat?

9kfDVuz.png

Yes I just made that

Edited by Guest

Muppet's!

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

I'm glad to see this. Logitech has grown to be known as a dull peripherals manufacturer. Think beige mice. And although I'm not really a fan of what looks to be an Unknown Pokemon as their new 'g'. It does evoke a more modern look.

Looks more like J

KWLxISB.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I think most of their peripherals are black rather than beige lol.

Huh?

I mean that tramp stamp from Corsair is literally the worst thing ever made

Their ship sails logo is so awesome

Isnt everything labeled "Gamimg" worse

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Looks alright to me. If anything it looks to me like they're trying to appeal to hipsters.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

I like it, but the "webcam" sort of design is rather archaic these days :D

Isnt everything labeled "Gamimg" worse

not necessarily, no

9kfDVuz.png

Yes I just made that

ACTUALLY, their logo was already flat. The logo OP has is an even older one.

Logitech-bw.jpg

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

ACTUALLY, their logo was already flat. The logo OP has is an even older one.

Ok they had a flat one, but the more simplified logo is a lot more modern IMO

I like the new logo, it's simple. There is beauty in simplicity.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

It looks like the text glitched out, or there was screen tearing while scrolling.

That new one isn't all too bad, but not all too good either. Looks to popular, not too serious enough. For me Logitech is good powerful products that just work and have the features you need. It needs a business like logo, more like the style of the old Corsair one. But hey, at least this new one is better than their very old one. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I like it a lot. I also think the OP's avatar is pretty ironic being the much hated Corsair "Gaming" logo. So you love the fugly "look I'm a Gamer" Corsair logo, but hate the classy design Logitech has chosen ?

(FYI I do like the "new" corsair sails logo)

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

i like the new logo over the older one. the old logo look more childish to me

I'd much rather see that logo then a tramp stamp on my mouse.

So you want to see both?

You meant than

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

So you want to see both?

You meant than

Ha... Looks like the edit button fucked out on me  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case