New game Evolve. The biggest scam in gaming to date?

Hey everyone. Just some information about Turtle Rock's newest game, Evolve. (As much as it almost killed me, I have put the currencies in USD rather than GBP, since that is the prices I have heard from)

Turtle Rock Studios has just recently released their newest game, Evolved. And long story cut short, don't buy it.

While yes you can get the game at it's stock retail price of $59.99 (XBONE version as an example, from Amazon) But why would you do that? If your buying a game and not the season pass, you are basically not getting the full experience of what the developer wanted. They are holding out to put stuff in as DLC, so whats the big deal, just buy the season pass, problem solved? There are some slight issues with that.

You can pay the extra $20 for the season pass or buy the Deluxe Edition for $79.99, which comes with the season pass, saving you $5, but...

There is still DLC content that is not available through the season pass, more than $130 worth to be precise. If you got to the XBONE market place for Evolve, there is over 4 pages of DLC (44 items), of which equals to:

24 items at $1.99 ($47.76)

9 items at $2.99 ($26.91)

8 items at $4.99 ($39.92)

3 items at $6.99 ($20.97)

Coming to a grand total of: $135.59

And lets be clear, as far as I know, that's not for avatar items, but for in-game content such as aliens that actually go with the story

Turtle Rock Studios are spinning this by calling these as "Optional Extras" So to get the "Fully intended experience" of Evolve, you had best be willing to shell out around $215 of your hard earned cash, for a single game.

Now we have had expensive game editions in the past, Call of Duty is usually know for it with their "prestige editions", but at least they came with a physical item to show what you have wasted, err, I mean spent your money on and the FULL season pass experience. 

Where the info came from: 

My thoughts?

What the hell? No way on Hell's Earth am I ever spending over $215 on a single game. You can argue about Star Citizen with the money spent on ships, but that is so the game could be funded. to keep the development going, Not for stuff that has already been made and just being offered as an "option".

Your thoughts, please leave them down below. 

EDIT: I would like to point out, I do not own the game, or really have seen anything of it. What I'm reporting on here is simply what I have seen from the video above. It its all skins as DLC, then fine don't buy them, but still if you want to get everything (basically like a GOTY edition, it can seem a little bit of a kick at the price for what it comes to)

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

This is complete bs

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Just saw the vid a sec ago, such a stupid scam :P

'opitional' DLC's..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

WTF How come I haven't seen this Gif before...

Haha really?? :P well now you have ;)

its great, i think I first saw it on kotaku, not sure where it comes from though :P 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Didn't we predict this when they said how Evolve would be designed for dlc, and how they tried to tell us how that is a good thing. Jim Sterling couldn't be more accurate with his predictions for this game.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

isnt it all skins, in which case i dont care how much of it is, i only care if they started work on these skins before or after the game was finished

Comcast has competetion now....

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

If they have over 130 dollars of DLC at the time of release and (from what I've heard) they are going to develop more in the future, how much DLC is there going to be after a year? And what is the experience going to be like if you buy the base game a year from now?

Was interested in the game, not anymore.

The pricing sucks, but all the DLC is entirely optional. 

-free maps

-don't have to pay to play with people who purchased DLC 

----this means you can fight new monsters on new maps for free

I think 2k/Turtle Rock expect people to buy DLC for the classes they play and not all the DLC.

I loved the beta but when I saw what they were doing with DLC and a season pass and having different tiers to pre-order I just said f it and didn't buy it.  They are trying to milk people for every cent they got.  In the future paying $15 for more for each hunter and monster?  Eh no.  Sorry just no.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

All the paid stuff in the in game store are freaking skins.... Game is overpriced that's for sure, but the rage behind it is ridiculous as well.

Also I bought the $99 version and I love it  :P  :P

Doesn't bother me. Why? Because I vote with my wallet. I would highly suggest that others follow the same principle but unfortunately, "gamers" are a stupid bunch.

Never liked this game.
Believe it or not, EA isnt the only one who does DLC.

At least they do their season pass right.

There's nothing right about releasing an incomplete game. Sorry.

So to be clear, they sell skins and monsters etc in the dlc under season pass, and sell more of those as 'additional items'?

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

A pity. This game was actually looking rather promising but now I want to stay as far away as I can from it.

Prediction: Game will sell amazingly well on console.

My brother (console peasant) was just telling me about Evolve as I read your post... lol

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

A rather good video on evolve:

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2K Games are a disgusting company. I don't know why people think EA and Ubisoft are bad when we have 2K Games pulling this shit. Civilisation Beyond Earth is shit and $89.99 USD for Australians for no reason so yeah, I don't buy any games from them.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I bought the base game from G2A

Besides the "Hunting Season Pass"; all of the DLC in the in-game store are skins for the monsters/weapons. If you're that concerned then just buy the base game and have fun.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

My brother (console peasant) was just telling me about Evolve as I read your post... lol

Hahahahahaha. Called it!

Bet he said it was great "yeah dude, it's got lots of DLC!" (I know a few that think lots of DLC is a good thing)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs