New game Evolve. The biggest scam in gaming to date?

I never got into the hype, I literally have no idea what this game is

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Steam says it's already on my library since I had a Beta key, only it's not on my library, not sure what's going on there

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm just reiterating what I saw on reddit, so not 100% sure on the truth of it.

Polygon got their math wrong on this one.

The $1.99 and $2.99 items are individual hunter weapon and monster skins, respectively. The $4.99 and $6.99 items are weapon skin packs, and monster skin packs (of the items you could also buy individually). So the actual cost to get all the skins is the total cost of the packs, or $60.89. Less than half the amount in the headline. Still fairly ridiculous, but who would realistically buy every skin in the game?

This is still pretty crazy, but also to point out as far as I could tell looking over them they are skins.

I mean skins are optional. Most games have cosmetics that cost a fair amount, but they are F2P, Its less excusable in a game you are already paying $60 for though.

Can look over them here.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Steam says it's already on my library since I had a Beta key, only it's not on my library, not sure what's going on there

Yes, this is also happened to me and my friend. I guess it was only the Beta although it says it's still in our library. Maybe, don't mention you got a beta key and send them a message with an attachment of the picture saying it's in your library and they may give you a new key, worked for me and my friend... xD

I'm going to put a link to my PC specs which actually aren't my PC specs and I cry myself to sleep everyday so I can have these PC specs but I can't afford these PC specs so PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs PC specs.

I think the base game comes with enough content to justify its price tag.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

not even call of duty at full price plus dlc is that much, the beta shows that this game is half running and 1/8th fighting, the rest being dead.

Stupidly high price for something that the only motivation is unlocking things which is killed off by dlc.

Yes, this is also happened to me and my friend. I guess it was only the Beta although it says it's still in our library. Maybe, don't mention you got a beta key and send them a message with an attachment of the picture saying it's in your library and they may give you a new key, worked for me and my friend... xD

Not sure I want one but if I get a key I guess I could give it away

-------

Current Rig

-------

Misanthrope, on 11 Feb 2015 - 5:03 PM, said:

Not sure I want one but if I get a key I guess I could give it away

id take it, for the sole purpose of playing it with some of my friends who are actually buying it.

A rather good video on evolve:

As much as I usually like Jims take o things, I refuse to watch anything from him due to his complicit and at the very least deplorable position on gamergate

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm looking at the 4 pages of DLC being referenced here and... they're all skins.

I sort of have a hard time getting outraged over this, because I really don't care about reskinned items/monsters. Granted, they're priced extremely poorly, but I'd hardly call the base game incomplete just because you're missing a different color scheme on some playable monster.

I'm looking at the 4 pages of DLC being referenced here and... they're all skins.

I sort of have a hard time getting outraged over this, because I really don't care about reskinned items/monsters. Granted, they're priced extremely poorly, but I'd hardly call the base game incomplete just because you're missing a different color scheme on some playable monster.

Exactly

~$200 for the "complete experience" is such an over-exaggeration when the DLC is skins. 

Yes it's absurd; simply don't buy the skins...

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

But aren't they all skins? So it's pretty much like cs go.

Just like that game and this game - skinless is the best way to go.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Regardless of how much they cost If I pay £50 for a game I don't want to see a single micro-transaction or "skin pack". Put that shit in the base game and make it unlock-able by playing the fucking game.   

Good thing I never wanted to buy it. I do have a few friends who wanted to buy it and then decided not to because of all the DLC.

Doesn't bother me. Why? Because I vote with my wallet. I would highly suggest that others follow the same principle but unfortunately, "gamers" are a stupid bunch.

There's nothing right about releasing an incomplete game. Sorry.

This.

Too bad not a lot of people do it.

There was like 40+ items of day one DLC I think?

Day one DLC is unacceptable. I don't care what game it is. Unless something changes it will only get worse. 

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Jerakl, on 11 Feb 2015 - 5:38 PM, said:Jerakl, on 11 Feb 2015 - 5:38 PM, said:Jerakl, on 11 Feb 2015 - 5:38 PM, said:

This.

Too bad not a lot of people do it.

There was like 40+ items of day one DLC I think?

Day one DLC is unacceptable. I don't care what game it is. Unless something changes it will only get worse. 

I believe the only exception to this would be community weapon packs released 5 years after initial game release like in killing floor. 

and the other fun stuff they come up with, because it's still only about 20$ for the complete pack on sale.

I believe the only exception to this would be community weapon packs released 5 years after initial game release like in killing floor. 

and the other fun stuf they come up with, because it's still only about 20$ for the complete pack on sale

Yes, I agree (somewhat). I don't think community content should be sold as DLC though.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

They can't even spell PC Master Race correctly.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

The guy in the video didn't ever mention that the DLC that ive seen (DLC on steam) is skins, not maps or gamemodes like Battlefields DLC scheme. He makes it sound like you have to get all the DLC for the full game, which is true for maps and gamemodes, but not for skins. Skins effect gameplay 0%, and from what I have found it sounds a lot like CS:GO. If you word it right you can make CS:GO sound like it is the biggest DLC money hole ever and that you need to pay hundreds of $$$ to get the full game. Unless I'm mistaken and you do have to buy the season pass at the least for maps, gamemodes, or weapons/abilities I don't see how this is a big deal at all

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

I completely disagree with all the hate. Turtlerock isnt doing this, they are making a great game and their publisher 2K is making all the bad decisions. Dont hate on the dev, hate on the publisher

I hope this game epic level bombs so bad.

I think they're entirely ripping off gamers.

My friend really likes it, and he wants me to get it. I was ahh no thanks but if it goes on sale maybe. 

If you really like the game maybe the DLC is worth it to you. But it most certainly doesn't help those who are opposed to the idea to buy the game. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I don't want to be "that guy" but I was pretty excited for it. But then something happened they promised no DLC. Ups sorry, at that point I was already extremely skeptical and now the season pass owners get screwed over, nope not buying... As far as I see it the devs are bunch of hypocrites.

If they aren't gating it by making non premium players and premium players on different servers like the battlefield BS, then I think it's not a scam.  Overpriced and scummy, sure, but they're not trying to pull one over on people.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers