New game Evolve. The biggest scam in gaming to date?

Jerakl, on 11 Feb 2015 - 9:13 PM, said:

I got it for free lol.

I think that's how a lot of us got it....

I was playing bad company 2 until it went free.

that's still a better game.. more balanced classes, more destruction, actual fun with choppers and harder to take them out, making it more of an achievement

Have you heard of iRacing?

over $350 USD to buy all tracks and cars. still costs $10 USD per month to play.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

Cheddle, on 11 Feb 2015 - 9:33 PM, said:

Have you heard of iRacing?

over $350 USD to buy all tracks and cars. still costs $10 USD per month to play.

anyone want a free 3 month subscription, it might still work maybe

anyone want a free 3 month subscription, it might still work maybe

Can I add it to my account :-P

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

Cheddle, on 11 Feb 2015 - 9:35 PM, said:

let me find it in my email, got it with my processor almost 2  years ago

Cheddle, on 11 Feb 2015 - 9:35 PM, said:Cheddle, on 11 Feb 2015 - 9:35 PM, said:Cheddle, on 11 Feb 2015 - 9:35 PM, said:Cheddle, on 11 Feb 2015 - 9:35 PM, said:

Dear matthew *******

Thank you for your recent purchase on Invoice #********

Here is your Coupon Code for iRacing:

Download Instructions:

1. Log onto www.iRacing.com

2. Click on the big red “Sign Up Now” button

3. Scroll down Ľ page and enter your code (below) under membership options.

4. Follow Quick Start Guide instructions to complete membership activation

Thanks,

NCIX.com Customer Care

ill pm you it instead of letting it be a free for all, hope it works for you

A game should be released with all available content. Day 1 Dlc, hell Dlc within the first 3 months is ridiculous.

But who cares what we think, all these companies see are the sheeple buying into the his garbage. Even with all this bad press about Dlc, they are going to make a stupid amount of money. I mean they are advertising the damn game on espn...

ive spent 30$ us on csgo keys alone, yet from that and drops ive bought a second copy of csgo and still have 20+$ in my account.....

start selling your tf2 stuff if you don't play it anymore

I play it constantly, a GameME leader board says I'm in 24th out of 600k so far lmao.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Suika, on 11 Feb 2015 - 10:13 PM, said:

I play it constantly, a GameME leader board says I'm in 24th out of 600k so far lmao.

wow, just wow

Hey guess what TurtleFuckStudios...

Some devs know this valuable thing called

EARNING FANS AND SALES BY MAKING A PRODUCT THAT ISN'T ABSOLUTE SHIT!

cdprojektred.jpg

​Ever heard of earning something? Its what happens when you put effort into the community that allows you to have a job.

th-2446-403.jpg

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Hey guess what TurtleFuckStudios...

Some devs know this valuable thing called

EARNING FANS AND SALES BY MAKING A PRODUCT THAT ISN'T ABSOLUTE SHIT!

​Ever heard of earning something? Its what happens when you put effort into the community that allows you to have a job.

Evolve won a ton of awards too...what's your point?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Im sick and tired of DLC, It needs to die like TWC and Comcast.

I saw this at Fry's yesterday and i decided to get Elder Scrolls Anthology instead, because Bethesda does DLC right IMO. It's sad becuase i wanted evolve when before it came out, but im not sure i will get it now if i have to get all that DLC. Is the game even any good?

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Now I am going to play devil's advocate here

Devils_advocate.jpg

This looks to me like a giant misscommunication , they just should not have advertised this things as DLC . There are plenty of games that sell skins for characters and weapons . It's the "DLC" part we get mad about . 

About season pass and what we really call DLC (actual content) . At the end of development , contrary to popular believe , developers can't really work on adding stuff to the game . There is a chunk of time (couple of months) that most of the artists , programmers and other ppl , just have nothing to do . Unless they are in a big studio and haven't already moved to the next project , these people have to work on something . That usually is DLC . 

Now a whole new question is how are you going to distribute this DLC . This is really up to the publisher . As someone pointed out cdproject red , for example , are going to give us this content for free . That's why we love them so much . Most other distributors can't wrap their heads around giving something for free and it actually increasing sales . 

The developers are usually not to blame in these situations , its the publishers .

...At the end of development , contrary to popular believe , developers can't really work on adding stuff to the game . There is a chunk of time (couple of months) that most of the artists , programmers and other ppl , just have nothing to do . Unless they are in a big studio and haven't already moved to the next project , these people have to work on something . That usually is DLC ...

Marketing spin 101. It takes YEARS to develop a game. All your are basically saying is that "Game #2 wasn't released in a completed state so we released XYZ content as DLC due to the fact that we lost time developing it because we where developing DLC for Game #1."

the skinned DLC I don't care about, and am actually completely fine with, it would give me a way to show the dev that I think they did a great job and that I wish to reward them with an extra dollar or two (depending on thier cut after the publisher). It is the rest of it.

Sorry but I am a consumer, I don't think the game is worth $215 for what the actual game should hev been at launch. If I where to purchase the game with no DLC I get the impression that I would be getting a watered down version of a full priced game.

No-one is saying it is the dev's fault, we are saying the game isn't worth it in our opinion as consumers, and it is both the dev and the publishers fault that it ended up this way.

All the paid stuff in the in game store are freaking skins.... Game is overpriced that's for sure, but the rage behind it is ridiculous as well.

Also I bought the $99 version and I love it  :P  :P

This, I'd be much more up in arms if 99% of the g*dd*mn content that is "day 1 dlc" wasnt all pure skins. This idea of "lel to play full game must pay 30000000 dollar!" is stupidity. 

This one for me is a so-so, I do think even if it is just skins the fact that they have this much available on day one is kinda meh, but there are much bigger things to be upset about. Is nobody upset that you have to pay 100+ dollars to unlock all of teh charecters in Heroes of the Storm? which is still in Beta? you know...heros that actually like...matter and do different things?

Prediction: Game will sell amazingly well on console.

Its already sold pretty well on PC. It was the fighting for 4th-6th most popular title on steam all day yesterday.

My two cents on it are as follows:

1) Its a genuinely good and fun game

2) Though it'd be cool to have them without paying, the DLC isnt a massive deal, its literally just skins, you can just not buy them and your game is not effected.

3) The pure rage the community has for this "dlc dish" is stupid, especially when there are games out there charging much more for things that actually effect the game.

And this isnt just me trying to defend my purchase, as if you have me on steam you'd know I dont actually own the game. (i've only played the beta, which by the way was F*cking fun as hell).

I may pick it up in a few days, depending on how many of my friends grab it, Its definitely more fun to play with a full party on the hunter side.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Well they said if people ain't happy with DLC then don't cry if we put the game up for sell at 120$ instead of 60/70 $.

If you buy the season pass you should get everything! This is what forza did made me pay $120 with season pass yet i miss out on the storm dlc -_-

Played the beta a while back. It was meh, IMO. $59 is grossly over-priced, DLC aside.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I played the beta too, it got boring after about 4-5 rounds. the graphical difference between low and high was pretty much just AA, still looked like crap and got boring fast

Why are people complaining if all the DLC is just skins? It would just be the same as CS:GO except you don't have to pay $1k+ for a knife that you want.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

BrianPena, on 12 Feb 2015 - 1:05 PM, said:

Why are people complaining if all the DLC is just skins? It would just be the same as CS:GO except you don't have to pay $1k+ for a knife that you want.

lol yeah, but 15$ a monster so you can play as it

Well, the game sucks anyway...... This just adds to how terrible it is.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

That's why I didn't buy the game.
The game lacks way to much content to be a $60 game and I'm for sure not spending $15 for each monster which should have been in the game from the beginning.

RTX2070OC 

JasonRoGo, on 12 Feb 2015 - 1:45 PM, said:JasonRoGo, on 12 Feb 2015 - 1:45 PM, said:

That's why I didn't buy the game.

The game lacks way to much content to be a $60 game and I'm for sure not spending $15 for each monster which should have been in the game from the beginning.

exactly, but something like killing floor you can buy and everything you need is there, hell you can even get custom guns.

killing floor should be the example of a good game with dlc.