New game Evolve. The biggest scam in gaming to date?

If they aren't gating it by making non premium players and premium players on different servers like the battlefield BS, then I think it's not a scam.  Overpriced and scummy, sure, but they're not trying to pull one over on people.

Day one DLC is definitely scummy.

Um, do you know how BF premium works? Because that's not it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I don't know how they did bf4, but the last time I checked out bf3 when it was a current title, everyone was on premium servers and non premium servers were a wasteland

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

He sounds like he has NO idea how Premium works. 

Premium is primarily a incentive to buy all the DLCs at a discounted rate. For people like me who rouintely put nearly a thousand hours into BF games, it makes sense. Save a little on map packs you were getting anyways. Premium and non-Premium DO NOT play on different servers. The same servers infact. 

Premium members simply have access to the BETA COMMUNITY TEST ENVIRONMENT where DICE tests more involved patches and game fixes and balancing, in this case we even have night versions of a map to test. That kind of stuff. 

Premium also gets more battle packs (irrelevant, since you get one for spawning these days) and you get priority placement in queues to servers that have them, once again; not a huge deal. You really do it for the map packs. 

Overpriced? BF4 DLC added an entire new games worth of maps and modes again. Some people these days....using terms like overpriced without care. BF4 to date has added what...20 maps now? What did the game ship with again? Oh yea, thats right...

And maybe a shocker, but Premium servers don't exist. The only thing that happens is 2 weeks of "preview" for DLC before EVERYONE can buy them. Once again, since Premium sells so much, it makes sense for servers to run their rotations with ALL THE MAPS. Which means people who didn't buy them can't partake. Seems fair, why should you be in a server taking up space if you don't have the maps at all? 

I mean, if you guys hate the game... Don't play it. Simple as that.

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

I mean, if you guys hate the game... Don't play it. Simple as that.

There's nothing wrong with the game, there's something wrong with the business model that's in place.

I thought the evolve game was boring anyways.  It is not worth that much.   

I played the beta and thought it was utter trash.

Anyways, I thought season passes usually meant you get all the DLC? Odd of them to do this, but I guess they saw an opportunity to earn some extra $$$$$.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I thought the evolve game was boring anyways.  It is not worth that much.   

It's not for everyone. I found it pretty fun even with just the closed down tests I was in with very little content.

I even told the developers on the alpha forum (not the big alpha beta test that everyone got in, this was months and months before) that I could smell a ton of DLC with the way they were talking about skins and other unlockables - expressed that it was a gigantic bad idea and they would receive so much backlash. I don't remember what responses I got.

I completely disagree with all the hate. Turtlerock isnt doing this, they are making a great game and their publisher 2K is making all the bad decisions. Dont hate on the dev, hate on the publisher

This. 2K games is responsible. Publisher 2K does this exact same day one DLC with another familiar title. BORDERLANDS. 2K are kings of Day one DLC and the "Season Pass" (Prepurchase for the DLC, what the serious ****?).

I almost prepurchased Evolve months ago due to it being a fresh idea, but as soon as I seen the "Publisher: 2K" I predicted the Day on DLC and "Season Pass". I'm happy I still have my $70+ in my wallet for something else.

Keudn, on 11 Feb 2015 - 6:22 PM, said:

The guy in the video didn't ever mention that the DLC that ive seen (DLC on steam) is skins, not maps or gamemodes like Battlefields DLC scheme. He makes it sound like you have to get all the DLC for the full game, which is true for maps and gamemodes, but not for skins. Skins effect gameplay 0%, and from what I have found it sounds a lot like CS:GO. If you word it right you can make CS:GO sound like it is the biggest DLC money hole ever and that you need to pay hundreds of $$$ to get the full game. Unless I'm mistaken and you do have to buy the season pass at the least for maps, gamemodes, or weapons/abilities I don't see how this is a big deal at all

csgo, operation passes, optional for more drops and a badge, were good when they were all access passes.

Jerakl, on 11 Feb 2015 - 5:42 PM, said:

Yes, I agree (somewhat). I don't think community content should be sold as DLC though.

the community pack I agree with you

but they do release free in game guns at the same time, and also optional character skins along with unlockable ones, and purchasable weapon skins(gold)

Yoinkerman, on 11 Feb 2015 - 7:05 PM, said:

I don't know how they did bf4, but the last time I checked out bf3 when it was a current title, everyone was on premium servers and non premium servers were a wasteland

? there are lots of non premium servers for bf3

game devs need to fk off

seriously

looks like ill be sticking to minecraft and csgo

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

csgo, operation passes, optional for more drops and a badge, were good when they were all access passes.

True CS:GO does do that now unfortunently, but I don't see Evolve doing that, the DLC is directly to get skins, its not for passes to new maps that give you new drops and skins

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

it is either DLC or the cost of the game goes up, AAA studios are getting bigger and bigger, but the cost of games has stayed the same. Money isn't just magically falling into their laps, they need it to feed themselves. Game dev is a job and it needs to pay the bills. Like it or not the DLC route is better, keeps the cash flow coming in in the long run instead of all up front. Not only that, but evolve on console is still a disc based game, which can be traded in and resold with zero money going to devs, DLC means that person that didn't pay the dev to play can still contribute by buying DLC.

Keudn, on 11 Feb 2015 - 8:40 PM, said:

True CS:GO does do that now unfortunently, but I don't see Evolve doing that, the DLC is directly to get skins, its not for passes to new maps that give you new drops and skins

csgo has profitable dlc, that's all I can really say, except for the fact that there are some rreally nice  guns which will come out of my game buying budget from csgo profit.

Trading cards are also a money pot if you know how to roll it, along with buying and selling in the market

I've already spent... about $200 on TF2. Not doing that again.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Suika, on 11 Feb 2015 - 8:50 PM, said:

I've already spent... about $200 on TF2. Not doing that again.

ive spent 30$ us on csgo keys alone, yet from that and drops ive bought a second copy of csgo and still have 20+$ in my account.....

start selling your tf2 stuff if you don't play it anymore

the community pack I agree with you

but they do release free in game guns at the same time, and also optional character skins along with unlockable ones, and purchasable weapon skins(gold)

? there are lots of non premium servers for bf3

I don't think there are any "premium only" servers for BF at all :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I don't think there are any "premium only" servers for BF at all :P

I thought there were, because I couldn't get into some servers on BF3 until I owned the Premium pass.

I thought there were, because I couldn't get into some servers on BF3 until I owned the Premium pass.

Maybe. I never had premium for BF3. I have like 20 hours in it.

Casual.

Kloaked, on 11 Feb 2015 - 9:04 PM, said:

Jerakl, on 11 Feb 2015 - 9:05 PM, said:

premium includes the dlc maps, so they are technically premium/dlc maps

Casual.

I got it for free lol.

I got it for free lol.

Lul, I was joking mate.

I waited until I could get the game and Premium for like $30 or something; ain't paying $60 plus whatever they charge for Premium.

Lul, I was joking mate.

I waited until I could get the game and Premium for like $30 or something; ain't paying $60 plus whatever they charge for Premium.

I think I got BF4 premium and the game for like 50$.