New game Evolve. The biggest scam in gaming to date?

lol yeah, but 15$ a monster so you can play as it

I agree that pricing is too high.

But think of it this way, we will be getting maps (and modes?) for free. (and possibility of mod tools)

it's not like the DLC splits the community either (see BF/COD series).

DLC is entirely optional, buy nothing or simply spend less by buying the characters you want on a sale.

I agree that pricing is too high.

But think of it this way, we will be getting maps (and modes?) for free. (and possibility of mod tools)

it's not like the DLC splits the community either (see BF/COD series).

DLC is entirely optional, buy nothing or simply spend less by buying the characters you want on a sale.

You honestly think they won't sell new maps and modes?

The beta was subpar, at best. No way in Hell I'll ever spend my money on a game with huge amounts of dollars of DLC on release. Utter bullshit.

This is one reason why people pirate.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I really don't understand how this game would be fun. It's like a Titanfall type of game. You play all the game modes, and it's not fun after a week. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I tried the beta and it was such a garbage game I uninstalled it after 30 minutes.

But aren't they all skins? So it's pretty much like cs go.

Yeah but CS:GO is like 15 dollars and doesnt have season pass.

All the paid stuff in the in game store are freaking skins.... Game is overpriced that's for sure, but the rage behind it is ridiculous as well.

Buyable skins in a game that's free is proper business model. This is just greed, they're trying to get the butter and the money for the butter

Sounds like the Borderlands 2 marketing scheme to me.

Marketing spin 101. It takes YEARS to develop a game. All your are basically saying is that "Game #2 wasn't released in a completed state so we released XYZ content as DLC due to the fact that we lost time developing it because we where developing DLC for Game #1."

Not at all what I am saying. Here  is the thing - the people who work on a game dont all work on it at the same time . It's odd , but its how its done . 

For my example we have 2 games , game 1 is at the end of development and game 2 is the next project . After you get close to the release date of game 1 , you have to package the pretty much final product and send it for ratings , approval from microsoft and playstation , maybe even steam . If you are going to make retail copies , then this also takes a chunk of time at the end . During all this you are not allowed to work on the game , unless its bug fixing . If the team has done it's job well , there shouldn't be many (i'm looking at you ac:unity ....) . 

So during that time lets move the team to game 2 ? Right , but at the begining of the dev process there is a pre-production phase , where pretty much only ideas are thrown around . This could also take months . For this stage you just need a few designers , the main programmers , artists etc. So for the rest of the team ( wich may include from 20 to even 100 more people) there are two options - let them go ( wich sucks both for them and for you , since you will have to restaff in a few months ) , or pay them until the next game is ready to start full production . During that time they just don't have anything to work on . At this point many publishers have adopted the method of creating DLC . 

For the rest of your points , I am there with you . No game is worth that much , and day-one DLC , even if you know how they are done , leave a bad taste in your mouth . 

You honestly think they won't sell new maps and modes?

They've already announced that all maps will be free.

They aren't going to split the community.

I'm unsure about modes though.

Well... I  just spent 200$ for Rush tickets. Some people would call that a fraud. I call it the show of life.

(it is really stupid and I would never pay that for a game, I would not even pay 60 in fact)

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

Mystical, on 13 Feb 2015 - 4:19 PM, said:

You know if you dont want to buy the game, then you dont have too. 

Just saying

doesn't mean we should let them fuck over stupid people like this, because it gets other companies to do it too since they see how many idiots will buy the dlc

I'll ask this:

This games DLC is nothing but skins. CSGOs DLC is nothing but skins. Both are available for anyone, both are ignorable, both are pants on backwards stupid to have in a game. 

Where is the outrage there? 

Good stuff, Now...

Can someone who owns the game confirm any of this and/or give their own personal experience of the game/DLC

Also- PCMASTERRACE lol

Kill the Machine!

Biggest scam to date? Try 5k worth of DLC  :lol:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/

There are better action RPG's, that one is too on the rails.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

There are better action RPG's, that one is too on the rails.

I see what you did there, nice

Edit: I actually own that game

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Biggest scam to date? Try 5k worth of DLC  :lol:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/

Isn't there a new Train Simulator every single year? So are the trains transferable to the newest game? If so, I might dig right on in..... lol.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

doesn't mean we should let them fuck over stupid people like this, because it gets other companies to do it too since they see how many idiots will buy the dlc

If they wish to buy the DLC then whats the problem? If they are stupid then they should do some research. Majority of people that struggle for money to buy guys (dont have the money to buy games as the money needs to go else where) tend to do research before buying a game. Stupid people will be stupid, they would blow money when ever they want. You think Evolve is bad? How about Call Of Duty? Evolve is getting bashed for something that has been going on for years by other companies. 

If they wish to buy the DLC then whats the problem? If they are stupid then they should do some research. Majority of people that struggle for money to buy guys (dont have the money to buy games as the money needs to go else where) tend to do research before buying a game. Stupid people will be stupid, they would blow money when ever they want. You think Evolve is bad? How about Call Of Duty? Evolve is getting bashed for something that has been going on for years by other companies.

Call of Duty didn't have as many micro transactions that cost that much on launch since ever, AFAIK.

Also, just because people may be ignorant about how things like this work, doesn't justify what 2k is doing.

I also haven't seen this much shit being flung at them whenever they did this stuff with the Borderlands series, so the people who never criticized 2k in that aspect could potentially be labeled as hypocrites.

I hate to post on slightly older post but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYLpomTvDcQ

"after you dig through all of the nonsense and all of the puffery, what you find is actually quite simple. There is no day one DLC that is not purely cosmetic. None. Zero. It doesnt exist"

He later goes on to say

"As a direct result, i feel the reaction to all of this is totally and completely out of proportion."

"cosmetic DLC is often made in the time when content is being finished and polished up prior to its release because the art team has nothing else to do with their time. I dont mind. I really dont, this is nothing"

He does say that the cost of $15 for the next monster is too high but he also commend them for releasing new maps for free.

I've been arguing exactly what TB just said since this whole "DLC" scandal thing hit.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015