AMD might announce their new CPU lineup on Tuesday

IAmAndre

Source: https://www.techspot.com/news/77241-amd-next-horizon-revealed-major-event-tuesday.html

AMD has a new event planned for Tuesday, called "Next Horizon." Considering that the one in which they announced the original Ryzen lineup was named "New Horizon," this could mean the announcement of the Zen 2 processors.

What is significant about it though, is that when AMD announced the original Ryzen, they called that event “New Horizon.” It would make sense that the “Next Horizon” is the next Ryzen. And as Anandtechpoints out, the fact that the listing is on the Investor Relations website is also very informative. In America, companies are required by law to reveal when significant announcements are going to be made at least a few days in advance.

The announcement would have to be a pretty big deal to trigger that law. Although, it is possible that it doesn’t relate to Ryzen but is focused on the server market instead. In last week’s earnings conference call, AMD CEO Lisa Su revealed that there would be something regarding the data center industry revealed.

This would make a lot of sense as it would explain the recent price drops on the current Ryzen CPU's. I'll personally wait a little bit before upgrading my rig.

That's nice to know. Have there been any leaks so far?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

I think that this is going to be for Epyc only. I don't see enough leaks for an Zen 2 reveal. My Zen 2 leak thread is almost dead because of silence.

It must only be Epyc. Zen 2 for consumers is still too far away.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Out of curiosity, would Zen 2 be on AM4 and still be using DDR4?

10 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

Yes, with TR on TR4 and Epyc on whatever they call the epyc socket.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

51 minutes ago, ignaloidas said:

I think that this is going to be for Epyc only. I don't see enough leaks for an Zen 2 reveal. My Zen 2 leak thread is almost dead because of silence.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the RX480 came as a surprise too

2 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

Zen 2 processor.

No worries, in this camp we are good for another 10-15 years ;)

2 hours ago, Okjoek said:

2020 is the earliest we'd see DDR5. There's no production of it yet. Starts in the middle of 2019 from the last schedule I've seen.

AMD signed a super computer deal for Late 2020 with Zen3/Milan and it's thought that is DDR5.

Is AMD going to make me watch their event while I'm dropping off my Ballot? Lol

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

It's going to be Zen 2, which is in effect Ryzen 3 other than the exact skus. We'll see those in late 2019. Expect something about 64 cores

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

10 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Is AMD going to make me watch their event while I'm dropping off my Ballot? Lol

yes, they know its a good use of time sitting there. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

5 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

It's going to be Zen 2, which is in effect Ryzen 3 other than the exact skus. We'll see those in late 2019. Expect something about 64 cores

If its details about Zen 2 and how the chip layout it will give a pinpoint to Ryzen 3.

Believe there was talk/speculation of a 14nm controller die and 2 7nm dies. Probably just going to be single die, but if the 7nm chiplets dont contain any controller logic we know we will see a controller die on Ryzen. The question is if they want to spend money on a 14nm Die on Ryzen.

12 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

If its details about Zen 2 and how the chip layout it will give a pinpoint to Ryzen 3.

Believe there was talk/speculation of a 14nm controller die and 2 7nm dies. Probably just going to be single die, but if the 7nm chiplets dont contain any controller logic we know we will see a controller die on Ryzen. The question is if they want to spend money on a 14nm Die on Ryzen.

they would have too, i am more worried about the latency penalties from having the memory controller in another die 

38 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Rome & Vega 20 (the 7nm part). Would not expect Ryzen 3rd gen information.

Yes, Rome and Vega 20 are the high margin parts, which they can sell at high prices and make money off even when the 7nm yields are not good yet.

Once 7nm ramps up then we can expect the mass market stuff like Ryzen and Navi, those have to be price competitive with Intel and Nvidia while still making money for AMD.

33 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

The 7nm part with the cores should be what we're getting with Ryzen 3rd gen. It might, however, have significant chunks disabled in the Epyc 2 configuration. The one actual leak with any information about the +1 die's nature was that the platform will have some GenZ technology in it. I speculate that the +1 die is more like a Network Switch than an actual Central Hub that everyone is thinking about.

20 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

they would have too, i am more worried about the latency penalties from having the memory controller in another die 

We don't know if the IMC is actually on the +1 die. AMD has a bunch of patents sitting out there about cache coherence and other details that point to there being interesting solutions for the potential problem. However, the place that matters most is on Desktop. 64 core server parts are going to care a lot more about memory bandwidth, but the +1 die could be doing some interesting things with establishing a shared memory space via the controller actually on the die.

Next HoriZen

We will most likely see new Zen2 EPYC chips announced. The good thing is that it should be easy to estimate Ryzen 3-series performance from Zen2-based EPYC chips.

4 hours ago, Nicnac said:

it was a zen reveal last time but I believe this time Next Horizon is gonna be about Epyc chips only.

I doesn't really matter which it is, talk about anything Zen based and you're talking about both, directly or indirectly ?.

2 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

2020 is the earliest we'd see DDR5. There's no production of it yet. Starts in the middle of 2019 from the last schedule I've seen.

AMD signed a super computer deal for Late 2020 with Zen3/Milan and it's thought that is DDR5.

Wonder if we'll get a semi quick Zen2+ that has both DDR4 and DDR5 support or just DDR5 support. It's just so damn close to DDR5 it's a shame not to be able to use it right away. If we're really lucky Zen 2 actually does have support for both, with new motherboard required for DDR5 when they come available.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I doesn't really matter which it is, talk about anything Zen based and you're talking about both, directly or indirectly ?.

We'll definitely be able to draw conclusions toward Consumer Ryzen. Just saying that it might be very enterprise focused this time :) 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido