Bethesda warns Fallout 76 fans to expect 'spectacular' bugs and issues

17 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Its Bugthesda. How is anybody surprised? And no mods to help this time because its online. Will probably be the shortest lived of their games in a long time.

Well afaik, this is kinda new. Most companies who have bug infested launches kinda push it out the door and then act all surprised after the fact like "uwu we made a fucky wucky lets get that fixed sorry uwu", but now they're openly releasing and charging full price for a "spectacularly" buggy mess, and it's lowering the bar even further. If this keeps on, I don't even wanna know what shits gonna be like in 10 years. Hell, I don't even wanna know five years from now.

Am I surprised? No, this is the logical progression. Game launches have gotten worse and worse, and now AAA companies will be open about it instead of bettering the problem. They're companies that exist to make money, they obviously don't have a reason to better themselves as long as people keep buying. So they're going to keep testing and testing to see what they can get away with. If they do it a little at a time, most people won't even notice, and by the time we do, it'll be too fucking late.

The future of gaming isn't looking bright to me, especially one you add things in like micro transactions and loot boxes. (At least loot boxes are getting fought though.) But basically, I'm not singling Bethesda out, the whole industry seems to be moving this direction.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

I wonder how many LTT users were around playing games before public beta testing was a thing?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

9 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

a game which no one asked for

Completely false and inflammatory statement tacked on at the end to provoke people.

I wont even bother linking the countless requests for a multiplayer fallout/elder scrolls game.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

7 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Completely false and inflammatory statement tacked on at the end to provoke people.

I wont even bother linking the countless requests for a multiplayer fallout/elder scrolls game.

Except this isn't multiplayer Fallout and all it entails. This is Rust/Ark set either in a different Fallout timeline or they just decided to take canon out back and put two in its head.

5 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

Except this isn't multiplayer Fallout and all it entails. This is Rust/Ark set either in a different Fallout timeline or they just decided to take canon out back and put two in its head.

Add in a storyline and NPCs and the game suddenly turns into fallout 4 with randies. Its almost like they were once the same ga- oh wait. They literally were the same game in at one stage in early development.

All of the gameplay is identical to fallout 4 with a reworked perk system. If you add back in the two features i mentioned, then its literally just a better fallout 4, or a fallout 4 mmolite which isnt saying very much, but still enough. Would we have liked to see just a literal coop addon for fallout 4 and skyrim, yes. but what we're getting is barely far from that. of course, im none too happy to pay 60$ for what should have been a 35$ dlc for fallout 4. :L

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Bethsoft game being released with game breaking bugs that could easily be avoided if they didn't rush their production and didn't crowbar shitty features into a franchise model that works fine as is. Status nominal: all fucked up.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

2 hours ago, 2Buck said:

Screenshot_13.jpg.b228d5945eaca7bbf9f95386dffd7c34.jpg

What does Battlefield 3 have to do with this? 

Spoiler

/s

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

44 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Completely false

Not entirely. People were asking for a new Fallout/TES game in the style of Oblivion or New Vegas, not an unholy Rust/Fallout 4 chimera that's just a poorly veiled attempt at Beefthesda trying to cash in on the MMO craze. When a new Fallout was announced, all the Fallout fans went apeshit. I saw even the most skeptical of fans jump on the hype train, which subsequently derailed when they announced it would be online only with zero NPCs. People want a new Fallout game, not something that is essentially a mod for FO4.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

It’s Bethesda.

Can anyone name a game released by them that isn’t completely messed up and buggy at launch?

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Just now, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Can anyone name a game released by them that isn’t completely messed up and buggy at launch?

I recall The Evil Within being pretty not horrible.

It even had a slightly compelling story and the gameplay wasn't stale after the first 2 minutes.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

I don't think it's very fair to be like that, because most if not all Huge Open World Games have at least some bugs...

You’re right, but New Vegas and BOTW also ended up being fantastic games.

I don’t know but Fallout 4 lost that charm pretty quickly 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

1 hour ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

You’re right, but New Vegas and BOTW also ended up being fantastic games.

I don’t know but Fallout 4 lost that charm pretty quickly 

I liked fallout 4 but it did get old relatively quickly. Anyways they have made many great games that also happened to be buggy. Skyrim is pretty buggy but it is still tied with the witcher 3 as my favorite rpg.

4 hours ago, OnyxArmos said:

Making false assumptions?

5 hours ago, Atmos said:

just because you want it doesn't mean the majority of the people want it, almost none of my friends want to play it, none of thier friends want to play it, most of the people on this forum don't want it, no one asked for an online-only fallout with zero NPC's. so no, it's really a false assumption, you can bet at least a handful of people like a terrible movie, doesn't mean they were asking for the movie to be made. 

the post made by me ending with // rant are my opinions, if you want to get provoked by other people options then it's your right to be, and it's also mine to say "no one asked for an online only fallout game" in extension, who asked for it?

also people are sidestepping the actual topic and making into a debate on one's opinion, i'd appreciate if we could get back to the topic instead of participating in measuring stick. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

14 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

look at how Tomb Raider got buried into oblivion

Maybe people bought the last game because the Tomb Raider (2013) game was actually good, but then they tried to re-create the same thing and...well the magic isn't there. I haven't played Shadow of the Tomb Raider yet, but I did play Rise of the Tomb Raider and as a Tomb Raider fan, I couldn't finish the game.

As of the bugs, they are just features.

1 minute ago, voiha said:

Maybe people bought the last game because the Tomb Raider (2013) game was actually good, but then they tried to re-create the same thing and...well the magic isn't there. I haven't played Shadow of the Tomb Raider yet, but I did play Rise of the Tomb Raider and as a Tomb Raider fan, I couldn't finish the game.

As of the bugs, they are just features.

you are a fan of tomb raider game of which era?  never knew there were fans of tomb rider like old star wars fans and the new, how can you know what magic was there in the first that wasn't in the 2nd game that made you not play it if you never played the first one? that seems pretentious to say the least. and no, the second one was even better than the first and was reviewed better than the first, it's that they stabbed themselves by making it a PS4 exclusive, if there was any reason you think people didn't feel the magic(highly unlikely) is because they never got to play the bloody game until a year later sony got it. and PC players had to wait like 4 months and there was zero marketing after the initial launch for PS4, as for the 3rd one? for TR1 and TR2 there were Vlogs of behind the scenes every week, fan question answered, new gameplay videos and so on, but there time there absolutely nothing except a few trailers, even the nvidia tech demo was so boring and the game looked like it was made in 2012 and had less marketing then the last 2 games. again, we are diverting from the actual topic that's been discussed. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

6 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

you are a fan of tomb raider game of which era?  never knew there were fans of tomb rider like old star wars fans and the new, how can you know what magic was there in the first that wasn't in the 2nd game that made you not play it if you never played the first one? that seems pretentious to say the least. and no, the second one was even better than the first and was reviewed better than the first, it's that they stabbed themselves by making it a PS4 exclusive, if there was any reason you think people didn't feel the magic(highly unlikely) is because they never got to play the bloody game until a year later sony got it. and PC players had to wait like 4 months and there was zero marketing after the initial launch for PS4, as for the 3rd one? for TR1 and TR2 there were Vlogs of behind the scenes every week, fan question answered, new gameplay videos and so on, but there time there absolutely nothing except a few trailers, even the nvidia tech demo was so boring and the game looked like it was made in 2012 and had less marketing then the last 2 games. again, we are diverting from the actual topic that's been discussed. 

You ask me "of which era?" when I explicitly said the tittles and you're talking about Tomb Raider 1 and 2.... pretentious huh, stop arguing with everyone and maybe you won't see the "pretentious" part anymore.. af of the "Fan" part, I don't classify myself as a die hard fan that has every game bought and played around 50 times so I can rant on everyone who says something I don't agree with.

The thing people are forgetting is that the amount of bugs a game or application has increases linearly as the complexity grows. The larger a game world and the more possibilities it offers, the more bugs you're going to encounter. So even if they squash like 50-75% of all bugs out of the beta, a lot will still be broken in the release and some things might never work properly.

You want a bigger game, better accept some more minor bugs.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, voiha said:

You ask me "of which era?" when I explicitly said the tittles and you're talking about Tomb Raider 1 and 2.... pretentious huh, stop arguing with everyone and maybe you won't see the "pretentious" part anymore.. af of the "Fan" part, I don't classify myself as a die hard fan that has every game bought and played around 50 times so I can rant on everyone who says something I don't agree with.

Maybe people bought the last game because the Tomb Raider (2013) game was actually good, but then they tried to re-create the same thing and...well the magic isn't there. I haven't played Shadow of the Tomb Raider

pardon, i have a bad eyesight, somehow skipped over that "shadow of the TR" part. regardless my points stand. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

4 hours ago, OnyxArmos said:

Fallout New Vegas (made by Obsidian Entertainment)

*golf clap*

Care to guess who, while being contractually responsible for doing so, did zero QA work on the game after cutting Obsidian's development time in a 1/3 6 months into work on it? 

Life it self is a public beta test by now. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

17 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

just because you want it doesn't mean the majority of the people want it, almost none of my friends want to play it, none of thier friends want to play it, most of the people on this forum don't want it, no one asked for an online-only fallout with zero NPC's. so no, it's really a false assumption, you can bet at least a handful of people like a terrible movie, doesn't mean they were asking for the movie to be made. 

the post made by me ending with // rant are my opinions, if you want to get provoked by other people options then it's your right to be, and it's also mine to say "no one asked for an online only fallout game" in extension, who asked for it?

also people are sidestepping the actual topic and making into a debate on one's opinion, i'd appreciate if we could get back to the topic instead of participating in measuring stick. 

When you needlessly include an inflammatory opinion, thats what happens. And again, i know a crap ton of people excited for f76. Way more than i know who are scared of what it might be. 

All it seems to be is an extremely vocal part of the community opposed to it. Most casual gamers ive talked to are still looking forward to it, and even most of the fallout fans are looking forward to it, just concerned about how bethesda will handle the game moving forward, which seems to be the majority consensus. 

On 10/23/2018 at 1:16 PM, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

then STOP preording games, vote with your wallet.

Agreed. It's so dumb how some people say "it'd be better if things were done this way" but their actions directly incentivize bad behavior.

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180