Bethesda warns Fallout 76 fans to expect 'spectacular' bugs and issues

4 hours ago, ne0tic said:

I've already pre-ordered the game but I would rather see the launch date getting pushed back a month or two if there is a lot of glitches in the game.

you do not know bethesda sir, bugs are a feature.

Some bugs will never be addressed, ever, even in fallout 76 for the playstation 6 there will be bugs. The rest will be addressed slowly. Buyers are the beta testers.

Still they do make great games

So Bethesda is still being shit.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

4 minutes ago, asus killer said:

you do not know bethesda sir, bugs are a feature.

Some bugs will never be addressed, ever, even in fallout 76 for the playstation 6 there will be bugs. The rest will be addressed slowly. Buyers are the beta testers.

Still they do make great games

Every single version of Skyrim across the last 7 years has had the same damn well-known bugs. I highly doubt that there'll be more than just enough bug fixing to get their fans off their backs.

PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

Every single version of Skyrim across the last 7 years has had the same damn well-known bugs. I highly doubt that there'll be more than just enough bug fixing to get their fans off their backs.

i played skyrim 6 years after launch and i found tons of bugs. The god thing is that they are really well documented, i was playing the game and reading posts from 2011 about it ?

5 hours ago, pas008 said:

this isnt limited to just games

bugs and issues are all over now days

phones/cars/mobos/cpus/consoles/gpus/os/software/etc

its practically how it works now days

everything is purchased as public beta lol

Looks at complexity of devices/number of code lines/materials/detail things have versus even 10 years ago. 

People can only know so much of what is going to happen say if code is changed. 

I feel like this game is going to be a dumpster fire on launch. There’s too many odd choices and missing features and it’s very buggy on launch forget about it.

Plus the engine still doesn’t run well on consoles so I’m surprised they decided to make another game for current gen using it.

I’m really interested to see what players/critics thoughts are on launch...

24 minutes ago, asus killer said:

i played skyrim 6 years after launch and i found tons of bugs. The god thing is that they are really well documented, i was playing the game and reading posts from 2011 about it ?

Those bugs should have been suashed in newer re-re-re releases of it was my main point. Its absurd that you can go to forums from that long ago and see bugs that affect the Switch version of the game.

PMSL

41 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

As a big fan of the Fallout series, i'm skipping 76 and have absolutely no interest in it.

I agree.

I don't know, but the idea of having an "empty world" only populated by players and no NPC's feels really out of character for a Fallout game. The best thing about Fallout is that the game feels alive with so many different characters and stories. I don't think it would be the same without NPC's.

Yet another Bethesda game that will be full of bugs on release, because they refuse to delay it for a few weeks until they patch it all out.

Many of which may never be patched either.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, maartendc said:

I agree.

I don't know, but the idea of having an "empty world" only populated by players and no NPC's feels really out of character for a Fallout game. The best thing about Fallout is that the game feels alive with so many different characters and stories. I don't think it would be the same without NPC's.

Yeah I just want to try it tbh. I have no idea if it will be any good or not. 

8 minutes ago, maartendc said:

I agree.

Yeah, i feel it really doesn't fit into the Fallout narrative.

Besides that i've really lost interest in most online games in the last two years, the majority of the communities are toxic and filled to the brim with kids, its just annoying these days.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

9 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Yeah, i feel it really doesn't fit into the Fallout narrative.

Besides that i've really lost interest in most online games in the last two years, the majority of the communities are toxic and filled to the brim with kids, its just annoying these days.

It's Bethesda's attempt at cashing in on the online, open-world live service game model. Like Destiny and The Division, encourage grinding for gear with your friends. I actually enjoy this genre, but this game does not appeal to me personally, it looks half-baked.

5 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

I remember when people complained that the battlefield 3 beta way back in the day had bugs and said it was a bad game. Made me so mad because people think that a beta is the same as a demo these days. They don't realize that they are some to fund bugs they haven't found yet. 

ya and look how many of those were caried into the game, that game is full of bugs (specially on the animation side)

5 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

that broken ass beta turned out to be the least broken battlefield since.

so true, though i would argue that bf4 after the fixes is the best bf out right now (specially if running the classic mode)

5 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

It just irritated me when people get mad about bugs in a beta thinking that it's representative of the final product. Honestly played that one the most but I didn't really encounter bugs on bf4 or bf1. Then again I waited a month to play both. 

these days betas are demos, bf4 at the start was also loaded with issues, partly because it was getting apparent how slow 10hz is.

5 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

>bethesda game

>buggy as every game they've released

>not on steam 

>always online

>so virtually no chance of community patch mods

>people expecting this to be different from previous releases

Is the gaming community that brain dead when it comes to Bethesda?

YES

4 hours ago, Slayerking92 said:

That was the reason i went with the PC version, too many game breaking bugs.  At least with the PC version you can open the console and cheat past some of them.  I was affected with one in New Vegas, where you couldn't zone into the city without wearing a specific cowboy hat.

online only

good luck with that "console"

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, cj09beira said:

ya and look how many of those were caried into the game, that game is full of bugs (specially on the animation side)

so true, though i would argue that bf4 after the fixes is the best bf out right now (specially if running the classic mode)

these days betas are demos, bf4 at the start was also loaded with issues, partly because it was getting apparent how slow 10hz is.

YES

Played bf3 in the beta and all the major bugs people were complaining about were fixed on release. Yeah there was still the animation issue from time to time but it wasn't as bad as it was in beta. Also the whole People phasing thought the ground in certain areas allowing them to be invulnerable and kill everyone from under the map was fixed. 

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

online only

good luck with that "console"

Yeah that's why they need to catch the bugs as early as possible and fix them because we no longer have the tools to fix them ourselves. I used console commands to fix pretty big issues that would have been really bad had I not had them available. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah that's why they need to catch the bugs as early as possible and fix them because we no longer have the tools to fix them ourselves.

from the company that milked skyrim to the wazoo, re-released it so many times in the last 7 years that i even lost count, and in those seven years well known, well documented, easily reproducible bugs were have yet to be fixed by bethesda.

Hell, they can't even be bothered enough to just buy the patches from the modders and implement it in the game.

Bethesda reality distortion field goes galaxies beyond apple's and google's combined

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

from the company that milked skyrim to the wazoo, re-released it so many times in the last 7 years that i even lost count, and in those seven years well known, well documented, easily reproducible bugs were have yet to be fixed by bethesda.

Hell, they can't even be bothered enough to just buy the patches from the modders and implement it in the game.

Bethesda reality distortion field goes galaxies beyond apple's and google's combined

We will see how it all plays out in the coming months. 

Spectacular bugs are a feature.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

3 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

previously they shot themselves in the foot by making TR2 a PS4 exclusive, came to PC after 4 months, came to XBox after a year, so yeah no one cared at that point. 

I forgot that Rise of the Tomb Raider was a PS4 exclusive. Weird timed exclusives when that was happening. Still, it might just be this weird Tomb Raider thing where it gets discounted fairly close to its release for one reason or another which in that case means never to buy them on release. The only weird thing is that Tomb Raider games usually aren't low budget or niche games. They're usually marketed and developed as AAA games with new technology or whatever. Anyone remember TressFX for Tomb Raider 2013? They're also not that buggy or anything. Anyway, this is off topic, so I'll end it here.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

58 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

It's Bethesda's attempt at cashing in on the online, open-world live service game model. Like Destiny and The Division, encourage grinding for gear with your friends. I actually enjoy this genre, but this game does not appeal to me personally, it looks half-baked.

I hadn;t thought of it that way, but I think you are correct.

I think, and they have said, they will also lean more heavily into the base building stuff that was introduced in Fallout 4, and some people really got into that. I think they saw the success of the basebuilding in Fallout 4, and thought they could make some kind of Minecraft / DayZ online mode, which isn't a bad idea IMO. It is just something completely different from a normal Fallout game.

Too bad, I'd rather have another single player Bethesda game. But who knows, maybe it will be good. Time will tell.

State of today's gaming:

R&D > Pre-alpha demo at E3/Gamescom > wait > drum up hype for max preorder revenue > cut a nice chunk of content out to sell as paid day-one DLC > Beta test at game's release > MASSIVE day one patch > a year later the game is considered done and "Let's give em a texture pack", and on to the next title.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

7 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

We live in an age where games are being rushed out quarterly

Yes, and they let the known bugs slide, in order to rake in the cash flow.

6 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I find the opposite experience, and that the beta is often just a free demo more than an actual beta, and unlike bf5 is too close to release to actually fix any serious bugs. I find that most I play are representative of the game, and that combined with game companies abusing terms like beta and aplha, I really don't blame people. The fact that you can buy fully playable fucking games label "pre-alpha" when aplha itself literally used to mean just past the prototyping phase for a game is a joke. AAA games companies (as well as smaller ones) have diluted all meaning to the terms alpha and beta to cover for buggy releases, and when people take bugs in something they actually intend to be a beta seriously, they have no right to complain. It's the tale of "the developer who cried alpha" and the entire fucking industry is at fault.

Yeah LOL at the idea that they're releasing a beta to test two weeks before launch. This close to launch the game has likely already been certified by XBox and Playstation so they can get to pressing the discs.

3 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

"We need your help" Should read as "You're a bunch of mindless fucking fanboys that will pay us to test this shit for us so yeah expect broken fucking shit, keep giving us money while we keep pushing the bar of how bad launches are"

I know. Love it when big companies try to talk like this. "Hey buddy!" "Hey pal!" "We need your help!" "We'll make the game together!" and the naive fanboys just eat it up. Then all the 12 year olds buy the game with their parent's money with this ridiculous sense of "I'm helping!". Wake up kiddies, they're not your pal, they're not your friend, they're not your guy, and they're most certainly not your buddy. You're a fucking customer and they're selling you a product. You should buy the product they tested, you shouldn't fucking give them money so you can do a job for them that they used to pay people to do.

But this behavior from the game companies will continue and just get worse, because everyone just eats it up or doesn't even notice. I'm so tired of seeing paid early access and horrible buggy mess launches, but oh well, it's here to stay. All I can do is just not support any game release that does this shit. Too bad not enough other people vote with their wallets, so me and the tiny amount of others who do just end up like:

Spoiler

Screenshot_13.jpg.b228d5945eaca7bbf9f95386dffd7c34.jpg

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer